2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

dumb question but for guys like the OL mentioned above, why transfer now versus going pro? (assuming they have been out of HS for 3 years)

I don't know anything specific about the two guys above, but they go to Virginia, so they're real student-athletes. They may care about getting a good education and not jumping to the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 5

dumb question but for guys like the OL mentioned above, why transfer now versus going pro? (assuming they have been out of HS for 3 years)

Might not have a great draft grade or want a free masters. Might just like playing college ball. Maybe all of the above.
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Chance for more exposure, better draft grade, cool town, more top notch education, plus 150k+ not bad at all. Minds are blowing all over the place.

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't know anything specific about the two guys above, but they go to Virginia, so they're real student-athletes. They may care about getting a good education and not jumping to the NFL.

A friend from grad school had been an offensive lineman at UVA in undergrad and he definitely played school.  He's likely to be nominated as a judge shortly.  When I was there, UVA was not sure whether it wanted to be good at football or not.  They want to be good at football at least to the extent that it does not interfere with Thomas Jefferson's vision, about a dozen secret societies, or wearing ties.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

A friend from grad school had been an offensive lineman at UVA in undergrad and he definitely played school.  He's likely to be nominated as a judge shortly.  When I was there, UVA was not sure whether it wanted to be good at football or not.  They want to be good at football at least to the extent that it does not interfere with Thomas Jefferson's vision, about a dozen secret societies, or wearing ties.

They got a new AD there. Bronco wasn’t her hire she gave him a few years. She’s all about winning. And knows it starts with football. 

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

If we have more than 7 transfer out, we will be below 85 next year, correct? Current rules only allow to sign up to 7 transfers unless I’m missing something.

Not this year, you can take as many transfer as you have transfers going out or something like that

Iowa QB Deuce Hogan in the portal. 

In a Facebook post, Hogan's mother, Amy, wrote that her son is leaving the program because of a joke made by coach Kirk Ferentz during a press conference.

"Deuce did not leave Iowa because of playing time... The head coach slandered him in a press conference," she wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday. "Very out of character for the coach... he was trying to be funny... unfortunately, there was no backtracking on his mistake. He has since apologized to Deuce, the team, and the media. But Deuce cannot play for him... and everyone in the facility understands why."

Edited by Hornlover
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

In a Facebook post, Hogan's mother, Amy, wrote that her son is leaving the program because of a joke made by coach Kirk Ferentz during a press conference.

"Deuce did not leave Iowa because of playing time... The head coach slandered him in a press conference," she wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday. "Very out of character for the coach... he was trying to be funny... unfortunately, there was no backtracking on his mistake. He has since apologized to Deuce, the team, and the media. But Deuce cannot play for him... and everyone in the facility understands why."

Something about dropping a deuce on the field I bet.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Something about dropping a deuce on the field I bet.

When asked about QB and who would play because the starting QB and backup had the flu:

“If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Deuce, I might have stayed in Iowa City,” Ferentz said.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

When asked about QB and who would play because the starting QB and backup had the flu:

“If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Deuce, I might have stayed in Iowa City,” Ferentz said.

Harbaugh threw a deuce at me when we were at midfield before the game. I tried to throw him our Deuce back. 

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think in the prospect thread CTJ said the Minnesota OL could drop at any minute.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/1995-texas-recruiting-notes-2022-who-wants-to-be-a-nillionaire/&do=findComment&comment=3890939

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I might also transfer in that situation, but I wouldn't take it to social media and I damned sure wouldn't let my mommy post about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I found an article from his recruitment - he apparently played at 370 at IMG.  Hopefully that is under control and he maintained that 345 while at Minnesota.

Started 12 games in 2019.  Missed all of 2020 with an injury.  Looks like he started the first few games this past season.  Was he replaced or injured again?  Started against tOSU, Colorado, Miami, so those were games early in the year.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)