Independence Day 2021: America is a all right place - Now Featuring Fireworks!

Parliament

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

All of this was done by the same nation populated by men like this

If that was legit, I salute that man.

But normally you have to type in a code to get access to the intercom at a Costco, because just picking up the receiver and farting into it normally just gets you dirty looks and maybe 4-5 people heard it.

• immamac changed the title to Independence Day 2021: America is a all right place - Now Featuring Fireworks!
32 minutes ago, Parliament said:

All of this was done by the same nation populated by men like this:

No CR.  The best, and worst, part of this country is that this man’s vote counts the same as mine.  That being said, God bless America and I wouldn’t live anywhere else…except maybe Cabo. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Honestly fuck fireworks.  My dog just about dies of anxiety when they’re going off.  

I get the shows but the backyard shit irritates me.

I'm just glad we have a lot of wet grass/trees.  We've already had one neighbor yelling at another for kids setting shit off that's coming down in neighboring yards/roofs.

On a side note, there's a cop in our neighborhood looking for somebody who is driving around, stopping, setting off some large fireworks, and then moving on.  I was surprised when the cop drove by and asked if we had seen anything, since I didn't think they did shit about fireworks, but he said it's some really large fireworks and a bunch of people had called it in.  Things have quieted down since he drove by, so I'm guessing they moved on to another neighborhood or were caught.

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What the fuck is up with the assholes deciding they can keep popping off big fireworks at nearly two in the morning.  Take that shut out in the country.  

Only 2am? I think the last I heard here was around 4am. I don’t care for me because I am used to noise like this in East Harlem, but for people who have pets it has been a long month. The fireworks started about three weeks ago or so. My dog got used to it, if it was too loud she would come and lay on me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What the fuck is up with the assholes deciding they can keep popping off big fireworks at nearly two in the morning.  Take that shut out in the country.  

Alcohol and fireworks is what's up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Btw there’s never been any one worth a shit that had more than a passing complaint about fireworks. 

You should print that hot take out and send it in to the owners of the 5 homes that were damaged or burned down by dumbasses with fireworks here in Austin over the weekend.

Fireworks, like many things, can be very awesome in the right time and place.  

2am or 4am on a city street? No.  Shit that can fly up into a carport or garage  and set shit on fire, no.  Next door to a neighbor that you know has PTSD?  No.  Flaming shit that lands on a roof or in dry grass?  No.  Driving around and setting off large fireworks in various neighborhoods and then quickly moving on because you're too much of a pussy to stay in your neighborhood and find out what your neighbors think?  No.

Shooting Roman candles at the servants on your large estate?  Yes.  Taking pop bottle rockets apart and glueing cardboard fins on and painting it white and black to create a really shitty multistage version of an Apollo launch that you launch out in the country?  Yes.  Shooting pop bottle rockets  at a friend who is a foot or two underwater in a swimming pool or lake?  Yes.  Buying the largest fireworks you can legally obtain in your local jurisdiction and shooting them off out in the country at 9pm when you know the pastures are wet from recent rains. Abso-fucking-lutely.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:
A medical examiner in Michigan says Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma due to a fireworks mortar blast, and not a subsequent fall as authorities previously reported

I saw something from somebody at the party that said one of the large mortars misfired or tipped over or something, hit him and basically blew up next to his chest.  They made it sound he was dead before he hit the ground.  

Gotta admit, that's one of those deaths you don't have on your bingo card.  I mean, you expect it from some nameless drunken dumbass who tries to tape a bunch of shit together and see what happens, but not from an off-the-shelf mortar.a

Just got back from the ranch.  We blew it out.  Decorated with flags and bunting everywhere.  Smoked copious amounts of meat.  Played a shitload of patriotic music.  I’m about 2,000 rounds lighter of 5.56 ammo.  Kids from 6 to 18 were wearing out the rifle range.  Detonated enough fireworks over our lake to wake the dead.  

Our Hispanic neighbors came over and started watching from the front road.  Invited them in to watch from the dock with the rest of us and they ended up hanging out with us until 3 am.  We were on the porch. Their kids and our kids, and our friends’ kids ended up shooting pool, playing foosball and pinball all night.  You’d never know these children weren’t close friends and had never met about ten minutes in.  First generation Americans and I loved seeing their love for this country.

We aren’t perfect, but I damn sure wouldn’t live anywhere else.  Land of the free and home of the brave.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

You should print that hot take out and send it in to the owners of the 5 homes that were damaged or burned down by dumbasses with fireworks here in Austin over the weekend.

Fireworks, like many things, can be very awesome in the right time and place.  

2am or 4am on a city street? No.  Shit that can fly up into a carport or garage  and set shit on fire, no.  Next door to a neighbor that you know has PTSD?  No.  Flaming shit that lands on a roof or in dry grass?  No.  Driving around and setting off large fireworks in various neighborhoods and then quickly moving on because you're too much of a pussy to stay in your neighborhood and find out what your neighbors think?  No.

Shooting Roman candles at the servants on your large estate?  Yes.  Taking pop bottle rockets apart and glueing cardboard fins on and painting it white and black to create a really shitty multistage version of an Apollo launch that you launch out in the country?  Yes.  Shooting pop bottle rockets  at a friend who is a foot or two underwater in a swimming pool or lake?  Yes.  Buying the largest fireworks you can legally obtain in your local jurisdiction and shooting them off out in the country at 9pm when you know the pastures are wet from recent rains. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Neighbors that mistake gunshots for fireworks and a 13yo daughter is left bleeding to death?  Yes, that happened.

Anybody who complains about actual fireworks being shot off in the wee hours of the night on the Fourth of July, assuming it's not drought conditions, should probably just be deported in exchange for some immigrants who actually want to come here and celebrate freedom.

As for myself, I came closer to dieing not because of fireworks, but because my Mexican inlaws organized an impromptu soccer game that I had no choice but to participate in. I gotta get in better shape.

Edit: Happy Birthday America! 

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We were shooting the at the ranch one year and the mortar tube tipped over and the round hit the inside of the open car trunk lid where all the fireworks were stored.  It ricochet straight down into the trunk and set all kinds of shit off.  Fortunately the car didn’t catch on fire.

Ah, now we know who shot this video.  By the way, learn to hold the phone sideways, please. :)

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Anybody who complains about actual fireworks being shot off in the wee hours of the night on the Fourth of July, assuming it's not drought conditions, should probably just be deported in exchange for some immigrants who actually want to come here and celebrate freedom.

As for myself, I came closer to dieing not because of fireworks, but because my Mexican inlaws organized an impromptu soccer game that I had no choice but to participate in. I gotta get in better shape.

Edit: Happy Birthday America! 

*dying