Breaking: Top military brass game planned for possible Trump coup attempt

Satchel

Can you imagine what other kind of unbelievable crap is out there that we don’t know about?

The top US military officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley, was so shaken that then-President Donald Trump and his allies might attempt a coup after the November election that Milley and other top officials informally planned for different ways to stop Trump, according to excerpts of an upcoming book obtained by CNN. CNN's Jamie Gangel has more. 

Source: CNN

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

So this JANUARY 5TH NEWS wasn’t enough?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/defense-secretaries-letter-warning-trump-signed-days/story%3fid=75036788

A successful campaign to have all 10 living former U.S. secretaries of defense sign a letterwarning President Donald Trump not to involve the military in his grievances over the election results took place between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, said former ambassador and defense official Eric Edelman.

"Efforts to involve the U.S. armed forces in resolving election disputes would take us into dangerous, unlawful and unconstitutional territory," the former secretaries wrote in the letter, which was published as an op-ed by the Washington Post.

Yeah, pretty much all this.  I appreciate their patriotism and their war-gaming out avoiding an internal coup using the W.O.P.R. and some savvy social media operators.  But they have missed the part where we were minutes away from having multiple elected officials murdered at our seat of government by U.S. citizens on live international television.  I know it's lost on half this board what that would have done to the U.S. economy, but we can save that for another thread.  I mean, I guess thanks for the monday morning quarterbacking of the situation General Milley.  But if somebody in the DoD was told to stand down the military assistance that day, this would be a great fucking time to bring that up, and it would be a helluva lot more helpful than a bunch of newly retired 4-stars wringing their hands on "well, it was out duty, and then our duty.  And we have this duty.  And then you've got your constitutional duty.  And our duty.  And code.  And honor and so forth.  Plus the duty."  

Everybody shit the bed on 6 January.  The vast, vast majority of Americans, even general officers will never fathom how close the whole charade was to being exposed.  We would have gone back to pre-WWI status if so much as one Congress member got kidnapped or executed.  Reserve currency status.  Gone.  Overseas installations.  Leases terminated.  Next round of treasury paper sale outside of the Fed.  Sales canceled.  All outstanding debt.  Markers called.  Trade imbalance.  Quadrupled.  Every single foreign prop that keeps our nation hoisted.  All gone within 30 business days.  We enter a decade long dark age that our children feel into their middle-age.  Show me where I'm wrong.  

Thanks Gen. Milley for smashing some sentences together 6 months later.  Wow.  What a goddamn Patriot.  Call your dad, tell him what a man you've been.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, pretty much all this. 

The Administration appointing those two fucksticks, Chris Miller and Kash Patel, was a huge tell. Hitmen lighting the Reichstag aflame to enable Trump to use the Insurrection Act. And a large portion of the country would've been just fine with that.

Once the military gets involved in that, there is no going back. Tears everything asunder.

Something Craig Johnson has reiterated in his podcast (Fifteen Minutes of Fascism) quite a bit. He's not wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Can you imagine what other kind of unbelievable crap is out there that we don’t know about?

The top US military officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley, was so shaken that then-President Donald Trump and his allies might attempt a coup after the November election that Milley and other top officials informally planned for different ways to stop Trump, according to excerpts of an upcoming book obtained by CNN. CNN's Jamie Gangel has more. 

Source: CNN

don’t fuck with the US military 

• Like 1

Just now, Satchel said:

I think we’re beginning to get a glimpse of what the GOP brain trusts are so afraid of what the Select Committee will uncover.

They’re not afraid.  They just don’t want the annoyance.  These people don’t give a shit about getting caught when there are no consequences. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

Well they didn’t plan very fucking well, did they? Jesus Christ we were so close to multiple congress members and the VP getting killed. 

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, pretty much all this.  I appreciate their patriotism and their war-gaming out avoiding an internal coup using the W.O.P.R. and some savvy social media operators.  But they have missed the part where we were minutes away from having multiple elected officials murdered at our seat of government by U.S. citizens on live international television. 

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say that I'm glad the active-duty military was not involved in what happened inside the Capitol.

On the one hand, yes, all enemies foreign and domestic.  

On the other hand, Trump was the Commander in Chief, which means if the active-duty military is operating within the Capitol complex that day, they are either obeying Trump's orders, or they are disobeying them.  

I don't want either of those two scenarios, because both are taking us into uncharted territory.  It wouldn't be Eisenhower sending the 101st in to desegregate a Little Rock high school.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re not afraid.  They just don’t want the annoyance.  These people don’t give a shit about getting caught when there are no consequences. 

Pretty much this.

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did you mean, desegregate?  You may want to uninstall your Arkansas keyboard update package.  

Actually, disintegrate.  It was one of those weird 50s aliens movies, where they infiltrated a high school and posed as students, and you had to have special sunglasses to see who was an alien and who was Amerkun.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For somebody who doesn't care, they sure as hell are trying to fight it and sabotage it every step of the way.

And do you know who that phys. ed. teacher was?  

That's right...Rowdy Roddy Piper.  And sure as I'm standing here, we all got the 85th percentile Presidential Fitness Award.  

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say that I'm glad the active-duty military was not involved in what happened inside the Capitol.

On the one hand, yes, all enemies foreign and domestic.  

On the other hand, Trump was the Commander in Chief, which means if the active-duty military is operating within the Capitol complex that day, they are either obeying Trump's orders, or they are disobeying them.  

I don't want either of those two scenarios, because both are taking us into uncharted territory.  It wouldn't be Eisenhower sending the 101st in to desecrate a Little Rock high school.

Milley is a traditionalist who knows he could not act unilaterally and was determined to stay in his lane to the degree possible. I’m not sure what the top brass had planned beyond mass resignations, but they were planning to use their training to the e tent possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

With all due respect, the Insurrection Act of 1807 requires the President to act for the military to intervene. 

But your points are well taken and compelling. 

This.

I guess some folks on here figure the military preemptively taking control would have just been unilaterally embraced.  hell most of the people would have feared Trump was utilizing the military to KEEP power, without actually entertaining the notion that the military was resisting.

It would have been insanity...and perilous AF for the service people involved, not that doing what's right wouldn't have prevailed.

Edited by slorch

in the next simulation, i would like to see the same situation play out with Obama losing his second term and urging the Hope and Change crowd to attack the Capital.  It would be interesting to see the number of investigations and committees that would still be happening 10 years later.  Plus all the people that were rounded up and sent to Gitmo and other types of camps and those who just "disappeared".

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

in the next simulation, i would like to see the same situation play out with Obama losing his second term and urging the Hope and Change crowd to attack the Capital.  It would be interesting to see the number of investigations and committees that would still be happening 10 years later.  Plus all the people that were rounded up and sent to Gitmo and other types of camps and those who just "disappeared".

As if that could ever happen. What fantasy world are you living in?

Maybe I’m missing the joke. 

As if that could ever happen. What fantasy world are you living in?
Maybe I’m missing the joke. 

It was not a joke. It is pretty clear that we are living in a simulation where the controller has set ~30% of Americans to lunatics. On the next run through the simulation, I would just like to see some different settings applied.

But I do hope we get to keep Vince Young.
  • Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

It was not a joke. It is pretty clear that we are living in a simulation where the controller has set ~30% of Americans to lunatics. On the next run through the simulation, I would just like to see some different settings applied.

That alternate scenario would involve no drama. 

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That alternate scenario would involve no drama. 

It's alternative reality to pretend Democrats would lose their mind when *checks notes* no one stormed the Capitol or discussed a coup when Gore won the popular vote and lost the presidency, or when Kerry lost to Bush due to irregularities in Ohio or when Hillary destroyed Trump in the popular vote but lost the electoral college.

In the alternate scenario, if those who recall, future POTUS Joe Biden explicitly shut down any Dem objections to the counting of the electoral votes that made Trump president because peaceful transfer of power. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's alternative reality to pretend Democrats would lose their mind when *checks notes* no one stormed the Capitol or discussed a coup when Gore won the popular vote and lost the presidency, or when Kerry lost to Bush due to irregularities in Ohio or when Hillary destroyed Trump in the popular vote but lost the electoral college.

In the alternate scenario, if those who recall, future POTUS Joe Biden explicitly shut down any Dem objections to the counting of the electoral votes that made Trump president because peaceful transfer of power. 

It’s bad enough when people don’t know history. It’s even worse when they don’t know the history they’ve been alive to witness firsthand. I can’t imagine the cognitive dissonance that comes along with seeing something that has never happened before and convincing yourself that it happens all the time. 

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It will be hard to ignore all of their duplicity when the mirror of the committee is put in their faces. MaCarthy will have to explain on live TV why he changed his mind about Trump’s culpability in the insurrection. There’s a lot left to unpack. Republicans know this.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

It will be hard to ignore all of their duplicity when the mirror of the committee is put in their faces. MaCarthy will have to explain on live TV why he changed his mind about Trump’s culpability in the insurrection. There’s a lot left to unpack. Republicans know this.

And no one in  America who needs to see it will give a fuck or even think it's real. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

Liz bringing the heat. She should ask her dad to invite him on a hunting outing:

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) told Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) that he was responsible for the Capitol riot while the scene was evolving on Jan. 6, according to a new book, The Hill reports.

In I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year, Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker write about a phone call between Cheney and Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in which the Wyoming Republican describes a confrontation she had with Jordan during the riot.

Said Cheney: “That fucking guy Jim Jordan. That son of a bitch.… While these maniacs are going through the place, I’m standing in the aisle and he said, ‘We need to get the ladies away from the aisle. Let me help you.’ I smacked his hand away and told him, ‘Get away from me. You fucking did this.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Of course they know this.

McCarthy is meeting with Trump. He'll be told what to do, who to name, who is to give the daily briefings, who is to leak what. Everything will be carefully curated and displayed on the media channels that the followers watch. Nothing else will be believed because that is all 'fake.'

Trump has resumed rallies, so with reporting back and forth he can easily align the dates in order to disrupt or dispute anything that comes out. Do you think that all the stuff that was derogatory towards Milley (such as the CRT hearing a few weeks ago that the GOP called for him (and Austin to appear) was not planned? They knew he was in a book in the works and now that it's being quoted in more detail, the advance narrative is already that Milley is a Marxist, Milley is soft and weak, Milley is one of "them."

No different here. Democrats will cave and let Stefanik or Jordan or some other bulldog on the committee and they'll get the framing in place. You can't touch them.

We should still watch, we should still know. We should still remember. Because if or when they take the House and/or the Senate and the Presidency, all that is going to be washed away.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarification
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

We do and it gets better.

In another simulation we beat Tech in '08 and go to the Big 12 championship and later defeat Florida and win the MNC. Then a year later repeat a national championship because Colt doesn't get injured and Texas goes on to win multiple national titles as a dynasty.

After losing to Texas in the championship, Florida releases Charlie Strong and he retires from football and opens a Radio Shack franchise and hires a young man named Tom Herman who never had the opportunity to coach under Meyer at Ohio State since Meyer never recovered from the beating Tebow received from Texas. In that timeline Tebow ended up playing minor league soccer.

Forgot to mention, after getting left out of the 08 championship Stoops choked on a dick and died. The dick belonged to Lincoln Riley who ended up bleeding out after Mark Stoops attempted to cauterize the wound with a curling iron.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1