What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

48 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

So they didn't have the cap in the budget to raise wages high enough to attract life guard applicants?  Essentially they didn't budget for inflation / growth and hamstrung themselves.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes?

I mean....yeah.  Like pretty much every other employer who was grappling with rapidly increasing wages and an inability to hire at the time.  Austin was like pretty much every other entity trying to hire $15 an hour people at that time -- it was screwed.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/georgetown-pd-woman-abducted-sexually-assaulted-overnight-investigation-underway/

The Georgetown Police Department said it was investigating an incident where a woman was abducted and sexually assaulted overnight Tuesday into Wednesday.

According to police, the incident occurred between 12:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m., and the initial abduction occurred in the 100 block of West Valley near North Main Street. Police said the victim was then taken to an unidentified location and sexually assaulted.

Police said the victim was a 36-year-old woman and Georgetown resident.

“[The victim] stated she was walking to a convenience store when the vehicle stopped, the male driver exited the vehicle, threatened her with a large knife, used zip-ties to bind her wrists, and then forced her into the vehicle,” police said in a release. “She further provided the assailant drove her to a secluded area, sexually assaulted her, and then drove her back to the location he abducted her and left her.”

Police described the suspect as a white man with long red hair, a long red beard and a slender build, and the vehicle was described as a metallic silver hatchback, smaller than an SUV.

Georgetown police encouraged anyone with possible information that could assist in this investigation to contact the department at CID@georgetown.org.

14 hours ago, hornian said:

I actually genuinely like Drib.  He does the random bird art around town. And his name is bird spelled backwards. 

buvnutglz5p51.jpg.thumb.webp.a7c1441b65917b8e61f93edac45a64d4.webp

I met him after I had him commission a small painting for us.  Good guy.

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

I met him after I had him commission a small painting for us.  Good guy.

I have actually have met him a few times too. I am friends with some muralists around town, so they obviously know him, and I'm only cool by association with them.  I didn't put 2 and 2 together that Drib was bird spelled backwards until I met him and I asked him how he came up with his art name. I felt pretty dumb after that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, hornian said:

I have actually have met him a few times too. I am friends with some muralists around town, so they obviously know him, and I'm only cool by association with them.  I didn't put 2 and 2 together that Drib was bird spelled backwards until I met him and I asked him how he came up with his art name. I felt pretty dumb after that. 

...and I just learned something new today 

15 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Fuck graffiti. Just absolute blight.

15 hours ago, hornian said:

BUSCAR disagrees. 

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s true.And I was being somewhat tongue in cheek- under the old system there was a ton of abuse. Like anything that deprives someone of their liberty it requires well designed independent oversight and high standards. 

I stan Toeflop

don't sleep on wkt or stench

i fucking love graffiti. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 3/19/2024 at 3:23 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

We’ll just go to a 4 day week for students because it’s the only way we can convince people to work in these conditions. Yet another one of my customer districts just announced this today. It’s about to be extremely common.

Remember when we kept warning about how bad it was for teachers? The resounding response was to quit crying and find another job if you don’t like it. Well, here we are….

The Community ISD (south Collin Co.) went to a 4-day week this year.  

https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1675465933/communityisdorg/hgclngplfnfslyuw2p5e/CommunityISD2023-24AcademicCalendar-Approved020323.pdf

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i fucking love graffiti. 

Love it or hate it there is some amazing artistry that pops up, seemingly out of nowhere. And I mean nowhere.

I know driving the west bound Ben White access road there's a vacant building east of Manchaca that recently, as in almost overnight, got completely tagged. At least one side of it. Crazy.

Edited by Wally Pryor

On 3/19/2024 at 2:50 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

These issues usually start well before they are running around Austin with a machete on the streets. Typically, they were public school students with a special education label that severely limited consequences for disruptive, or even violent behavior. There are some limits, such as bringing drugs or a weapon on campus but the daily insanity is legally protected. 

I talk to special education directors at major districts all day for a living. The increase they are seeing in students that fit this profile is disturbing. Districts are not funded to hire a bunch of mental health therapists, and the ones that find the money can’t fill the positions. They are able to get some kids into residential or other treatment facilities but then are on the hook for the cost. I talked to a superintendent in another state that’s paying 100k per kid in some cases.

When I was a principal, I shared 1 therapist with 5 other campuses. Regular school counselors are not equipped to deal with this level of need. Private schools aren’t taking these kids with their $10,000 voucher if we go that route.

We need a school to treatment facility pipeline instead of the current school to the streets pipeline. The teachers deal with it until it’s the cops turn. It will take funding and changing laws, but the alternative is more people getting stabbed.

I know you know much more about all this than I do, as my perspective is that of a parent and not an educator.  The inclusive classroom movement has done more damage to public education than almost any other factor, in my opinion. It has turned teachers into caretakers, and nothing is getting done academically.  Kids are stuck in an already overcrowded room with 20-30 kids in it, and no one can learn anything because one single kid is incapable of controlling his behavior and he has a litigious parent.  We have a system that has been headed down the wrong road since the 90s on this issue.   It was well-intentioned, but it absolutely did not work at all.  We know this objectively now, but it's really difficult to change feel-good policies because no one wants to be seen as the bad guy.  Politics ruining everything as usual. 

In elementary school, I think we had only one year that one or both of my kids weren't stuck in a classroom with a kid bouncing off the walls and completely derailing every day. These were not poorly disciplined children but kids with genuine diagnoses who were not capable of typical classroom functions.  My son's second-grade teacher would cry after school every day thanks to one kid and his asshole mother, who had already filed lawsuits against his kindergarten and first-grade school districts before moving to AISD.  They moved after second grade and, for all I know, have sued many more districts in the passing years. Certain kids need to be outside of regular classrooms, at least for the academic portions of the day, but we've decided we'd rather support feel-good bullshit and not educate anyone.  We pretend it's for the good of the kids, and their parents often believe this to be true, but it's really because we can't afford to do anything else but stick them in a normal classroom and hope for the best.  It's maddening, and it's not helping the special needs kids or the other kids at all.

My son is autistic.  I'm not coming at this from an insensitive or ignorant place.  The lack of resources for kids with genuine special needs is insane.  AISD has been in violation of federal law for years now, but it's hamstrung by state politics, which has led to a lack of funding.  I don't know what more they can reasonably do.   The bigger issue is no one really gives a shit who has the power to do anything about it.  And in Texas, those with the power actively work to make sure things don't get fixed for their own messed up agendas.

This is a national problem, but Texas is handling it about as badly as any state can. This is just one of many factors contributing to the brain drain we're experiencing. Texas will be a wild and wooly place in another 20-30 years when no one will have an education equivalent to or better than a sixth grader in 1965.

Anyway, thank you for the work you do to stem the dismal tide.  I, for one, very much appreciate it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Austin, exporting juvenile crime?

LAKEWAY, Texas (KXAN) — Five juveniles were arrested over the weekend in Lakeway after they allegedly attempted to break into cars in the Rough Hollow area while driving two stolen vehicles, according to police.

The Lakeway Police Department posted on social media about the attempted burglaries, saying a resident notified the department around 2 a.m. on March 16 that someone was attempting to burglarize a vehicle in the Peninsula neighborhood of Rough Hollow. The resident told police security camera footage captured several teenage boys pulling on car door handles.

Officers responded and located the suspects, who fled in two stolen vehicles, one of which was stolen from a Lakeway residence shortly before, according to police.

Officers pursued both vehicles, stopping one and arresting the four people inside. The second vehicle got away but was later found abandoned in Austin by the Austin Police Department.

A fifth juvenile suspect was later identified and arrested after police investigated further.

All five people arrested were juveniles, ranging in age from 12 to 16 years old, and they each had prior criminal histories, including burglary, vehicle thefts and weapons-related charges, according to Lakeway PD.

A spokesperson with the City of Lakeway said none of the juveniles were residents of Lakeway. They also said though “crimes of this nature” are on the rise throughout Austin, Lakeway is not seeing a trend in juvenile criminal activity.

Finally doing something about paper tags license plates. DPS and APD should pull over every non-new car with paper tag. Chances are high the ahole driving is wanted for something. They didn't name the business in the article.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/organized-criminal-enterprise-busted-in-austin-tied-to-fraudulent-paper-tags-inspections/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — An “organized criminal enterprise” accused of cranking out fraudulent vehicle inspections and paper license plates in Austin was recently busted, according to authorities — just as the state prepares to put the brakes on this years-long problem.

Fraudulent temporary tags are often used to mask criminal activity — from avoiding tolls to turning vehicles into “ghost cars,” allowing criminals to avoid detection and hide in plain sight.

• Like 1

Yesterday I saw a silver Mercedes with a completely smashed front end driving with no front or rear plates whatsoever (not even a paper tag). How does a car like that not get pulled over immediately? Do the police have to wait until they see a moving violation?

5 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Yesterday I saw a silver Mercedes with a completely smashed front end driving with no front or rear plates whatsoever (not even a paper tag). How does a car like that not get pulled over immediately? Do the police have to wait until they see a moving violation?

APD doesn't do much policing anymore.  It's not their thing.  Sitting on the sidelines and pouting about how we don't love them enough, and staying home because we haven't made funding APD 80% of the city budget, is much more their speed.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

APD doesn't do much policing anymore.  It's not their thing.  Sitting on the sidelines and pouting about how we don't love them enough, and staying home because we haven't made funding APD 80% of the city budget, is much more their speed.

Anecdotally, they and DPS appear to be more active lately. Lately when I drive North Lamar or North Burnet around Koenig, I see cars pulled over. Which makes me give a PSA, if you are driving on Lamar from the Triangle north to 183, you are driving by the DPS station. DPS is VERY active on that stretch.

In addition, sometimes I'll see DPS cruising through my neighborhood Brentwood/Crestview. I do not mind that one bit.

Edited by crash_davis

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Son who lives in the St. Elmo neighborhood says in the past year the gun fire from the nearby homeless bum camps has become an almost nightly occurrence, and there seems to be no police response.

I wonder how many times the homeless dudes shooting up the place have been arrested and released. If I were the police, why should I give a fuck knowing that the assholes will be released in probably 24 hours. The homeless are THE protected class in this city. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Son who lives in the St. Elmo neighborhood says in the past year the gun fire from the nearby homeless bum camps has become an almost nightly occurrence, and there seems to be no police response.

What do you expect when the mentally ill have easy access to guns?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Which makes me give a PSA, if you are driving on Lamar from the Triangle north to 183, you are driving by the DPS station. DPS is VERY active on that stretch.

That’s part of the path between their office and Rudy’s. Expect police saturation.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

I know you know much more about all this than I do, as my perspective is that of a parent and not an educator.  The inclusive classroom movement has done more damage to public education than almost any other factor, in my opinion. It has turned teachers into caretakers, and nothing is getting done academically.  Kids are stuck in an already overcrowded room with 20-30 kids in it, and no one can learn anything because one single kid is incapable of controlling his behavior and he has a litigious parent.  We have a system that has been headed down the wrong road since the 90s on this issue.   It was well-intentioned, but it absolutely did not work at all.  We know this objectively now, but it's really difficult to change feel-good policies because no one wants to be seen as the bad guy.  Politics ruining everything as usual. 

In elementary school, I think we had only one year that one or both of my kids weren't stuck in a classroom with a kid bouncing off the walls and completely derailing every day. These were not poorly disciplined children but kids with genuine diagnoses who were not capable of typical classroom functions.  My son's second-grade teacher would cry after school every day thanks to one kid and his asshole mother, who had already filed lawsuits against his kindergarten and first-grade school districts before moving to AISD.  They moved after second grade and, for all I know, have sued many more districts in the passing years. Certain kids need to be outside of regular classrooms, at least for the academic portions of the day, but we've decided we'd rather support feel-good bullshit and not educate anyone.  We pretend it's for the good of the kids, and their parents often believe this to be true, but it's really because we can't afford to do anything else but stick them in a normal classroom and hope for the best.  It's maddening, and it's not helping the special needs kids or the other kids at all.

My son is autistic.  I'm not coming at this from an insensitive or ignorant place.  The lack of resources for kids with genuine special needs is insane.  AISD has been in violation of federal law for years now, but it's hamstrung by state politics, which has led to a lack of funding.  I don't know what more they can reasonably do.   The bigger issue is no one really gives a shit who has the power to do anything about it.  And in Texas, those with the power actively work to make sure things don't get fixed for their own messed up agendas.

This is a national problem, but Texas is handling it about as badly as any state can. This is just one of many factors contributing to the brain drain we're experiencing. Texas will be a wild and wooly place in another 20-30 years when no one will have an education equivalent to or better than a sixth grader in 1965.

Anyway, thank you for the work you do to stem the dismal tide.  I, for one, very much appreciate it.

First, no need to thank me. I quit after 15 years in public education. Currently work for a company that provides exactly the types of specialized classrooms you are talking about to districts. Most districts just don’t have the capacity to meet the increased demand over the years. Waaaaay more kids need these services than even 10 years ago. See the other thread about kids that’s blowing up.

The number one reason teachers are leaving is exactly the scenario you outlined. They can’t teach. Number two is dealing with parents in relation to why they can’t teach. Throw in testing score pressure and needing a second job and we are getting a “hell no” from teachers. 

FWIW, most districts want to do inclusion in a non-disruptive manner where the sped kids have assistants with them. This allows them to take breaks and only be in the class when they are focused and ready to learn. The reality ends up looking like the teacher being a 3 ring circus master all day then fielding parent complaints at the end of the day. The assistants get the shit kicked out of them for $15 an hour so even if the district is trying to hire, they usually can’t.

We can go back to self-contained classrooms for those kids, but then we have to pay for it. I recently wrote a proposal that was for fewer than 50 students and the cost was over 2 million a year. Now, we are taking on the toughest kids, many of which would be in a residential treatment facility without us. But most superintendents just aren’t going to write that check unless push comes to shove - ie the state getting involved.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, crash_davis said:

I wonder how many times the homeless dudes shooting up the place have been arrested and released. If I were the police, why should I give a fuck knowing that the assholes will be released in probably 24 hours. The homeless are THE protected class in this city. 

A homeless trespasser dropped this loaded 9mm and her purse at my son’s patio door entrance several years ago after she was scared off when he & my grandsons arrived home unexpectedly.
Grandson discovered the pistol and immediately told his dad.
He called the cops, and one actually showed up to take the gun and make a report. 
The mentally disturbed woman (she was a former resident of the neighborhood) knocked on his door the next day and asked for her gun & purse back, but he told her to talk to APD and to stay off his property.

Son later checked with the officer who informed him that she came by the station and the gun was given back to her. 

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

72e9d5bf78e8d554c658bb7dbf45de9c.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

A homeless trespasser dropped this loaded 9mm and her purse at my son’s patio door entrance several years ago after she was scared off when he & my grandsons arrived home unexpectedly.
He called the cops, and one actually showed up to take the gun and make a report. 
The mentally disturbed woman (she was a former resident of the neighborhood) knocked on his door the next day and asked for her gun & purse back, but he told her to talk to APD and to stay off his property.

Son later checked with the officer who informed him that she came by the station and the gun was given back to her. 

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

Excuse Me What GIF by The Maury Show

26 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

I would have taken the free 9 mm and left the cops out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

But remember, "coddling crazy people" is blamed solely on woke DAs and such.....not on cops who happily hand a gun back to a crazy woman (because if there's one thing we can't do in this country, it is to ever, ever, EVER deprive ANYONE of a firearm).  It's fucking madness, but it is also the exact system we've demanded be put in place and preserved, with zero exceptions.

We're getting exactly what we demand.  Either quit bitching about the outcome, or vote for people who might change that policy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Being understaffed by 600 officers might have more to do with it.  When we can't even fully staff 911, why would they use the limited police resources on traffic enforcement?

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Being understaffed by 600 officers might have more to do with it.  When we can't even fully staff 911, why would they use the limited police resources on traffic enforcement?

And WHY are police departments understaffed?  Because the word is out: becoming a cop doesn't mean you have absolute power with zero accountability, you aren't fucking gods among men.  The kind of people who might be interested in becoming cops if the job comes with absolute, unquestionable power.  And the ones who are already cops are quitting/retiring, because they aren't interest in staying on the job if they don't get to keep the "absolute unquestionable power" card.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

APD paid $50M in overtime last fiscal year.  Officer-hours are being managed.  Officers are voluntarily leaving the force at a high rate -- that's an APD problem, not a "Back The Blue" problem.

It isn't a 600 patrol officer shortage, either, but don't let the truth hold you back.  It's in the mid-300 officer range.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And WHY are police departments understaffed?  Because the word is out: becoming a cop doesn't mean you have absolute power with zero accountability, you aren't fucking gods among men.  The kind of people who might be interested in becoming cops if the job comes with absolute, unquestionable power.  And the ones who are already cops are quitting/retiring, because they aren't interest in staying on the job if they don't get to keep the "absolute unquestionable power" card.

Take this crap to the CR.  APD is suffering more from the image of the DA office's vendetta against the police.  And the City wants unlimited oversite on the APA and APD, and the city council renegs on the contract negotiations.  Until you can get City Hall, the DA's office, and APD to cooperate, it's going to be a gigantic shitshow like this.

• Hook 'Em 2

Take this crap to the CR.  APD is suffering more from the image of the DA office's vendetta against the police.  And the City wants unlimited oversite on the APA and APD, and the city council renegs on the contract negotiations.  Until you can get City Hall, the DA's office, and APD to cooperate, it's going to be a gigantic shitshow like this.

Prosecuting bad cops = “vendetta.”
Expecting the city that employs cops to have…oversight of them…= “unacceptable.”
Yeah. Thanks for making my point. Cops aren’t willing to be cops unless they have 100% power and 0% accountability. Call that CR if you want, but the cops have made their position crystal clear.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Prosecuting bad cops = “vendetta.”
Expecting the city that employs cops to have…oversight of them…= “unacceptable.”
Yeah. Thanks for making my point. Cops aren’t willing to be cops unless they have 100% power and 0% accountability. Call that CR if you want, but the cops have made their position crystal clear.

I'm sorry a cop fucked your wife once while you watched, but not all cops are bad.  And yes, it's a fucking vendetta.  How many cops has Garza dragged through the courts thus far?  He indicted 17 cops then dismissed them back in December.  The two Javier Ambler sheriffs deputies, who were found to be not-guilty.  Christopher Taylor has been through two mistrials.  Jose Garza has wasted resources and money prosecuting officers with exactly 0 guilty verdicts.  If you're a police officer, and you could work for Austin and get paid significantly less with risk of litigation left and right, or go work in a more police-friendly city that pays better and has a better working relationship with the DA and the City Council, why the hell would you come to Austin!?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I'm sorry a cop fucked your wife once while you watched, but not all cops are bad. 

Yes they are.

A cop beat the fuck out of my father.

I've had a cop flat-out lie under oath in a case against me.

And all cops back them up.  All of them.  Always.

You're mistaking Garza at being bad at his job (actually doing a good job prosecuting cases) with those cops being innocent of wrongdoing.  The fucking cops who killed Ambler killed Ambler.  It was a bad killing.  But the bottom line is, cops want to be able to do EXACTLY what those cops did, with ZERO accountability.  Just medals and thank you's.  Damned right they'd rather go work places like Mississippi, where their superiors cover for them when they shoot people in the fucking face in their own home.  That.  Is.  The.  Problem.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I'm sorry a cop fucked your wife once while you watched, but not all cops are bad.  And yes, it's a fucking vendetta.  How many cops has Garza dragged through the courts thus far?  He indicted 17 cops then dismissed them back in December.  The two Javier Ambler sheriffs deputies, who were found to be not-guilty.  Christopher Taylor has been through two mistrials.  Jose Garza has wasted resources and money prosecuting officers with exactly 0 guilty verdicts.  If you're a police officer, and you could work for Austin and get paid significantly less with risk of litigation left and right, or go work in a more police-friendly city that pays better and has a better working relationship with the DA and the City Council, why the hell would you come to Austin!?

pls take to the CR

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Austin, exporting juvenile crime?

LAKEWAY, Texas (KXAN) — Five juveniles were arrested over the weekend in Lakeway after they allegedly attempted to break into cars in the Rough Hollow area while driving two stolen vehicles, according to police.

The Lakeway Police Department posted on social media about the attempted burglaries, saying a resident notified the department around 2 a.m. on March 16 that someone was attempting to burglarize a vehicle in the Peninsula neighborhood of Rough Hollow. The resident told police security camera footage captured several teenage boys pulling on car door handles.

Officers responded and located the suspects, who fled in two stolen vehicles, one of which was stolen from a Lakeway residence shortly before, according to police.

Officers pursued both vehicles, stopping one and arresting the four people inside. The second vehicle got away but was later found abandoned in Austin by the Austin Police Department.

A fifth juvenile suspect was later identified and arrested after police investigated further.

All five people arrested were juveniles, ranging in age from 12 to 16 years old, and they each had prior criminal histories, including burglary, vehicle thefts and weapons-related charges, according to Lakeway PD.

A spokesperson with the City of Lakeway said none of the juveniles were residents of Lakeway. They also said though “crimes of this nature” are on the rise throughout Austin, Lakeway is not seeing a trend in juvenile criminal activity.

This shit is out of control. Every 3rd post on my NextDoor feed is a video of some punk ass bitch cruising neighborhoods at 3am and checking car doors. One of my neighbors posted a $1000 reward after some kids caused thousands in damages attempting to hotwire his car (and APD did nothing). These dumbshits all think they're bulletproof until some homeowner with insomnia puts a 9mm in them.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:22 PM, InkaUtexas said:

So got a toll tag bill today. Past Due notice, never got one before. Says I was driving my jeep in Austin in February. Well here is the kicker. My jeep has been out of commision since December and the only car I use to go to Austin is my wife's. Fuckers.

Luna would be happy to "process" that notice for you.

• Haha 1

I posted this in the Depression thread in the Help board.

We are all assholes and argue over the most mundane shit. But life is more than the shit on this board. Shit outside of this board matters and sadly some of it is painfully sad. Posting it here cause it happened in Austin.

Yesterday on Reddit Austin I came across a thread about Mopac and the 183 bridge being shut down. Redditors said it was a jumper from the 183 overpass down to Mopac. Then I see this thread this morning. The whole read was sad, but the part about the ringing phone got to me. Holy fuck, someone on the other end of that line is going to have a very bad year. I'm not a religious person but I'll think positive thoughts (I guess my way of saying prayers) to anyone who needs help. If you need help, please reach out to someone, anyone.

183/Mopac death

I was driving home from work and the car in front of me stops on the overpass and puts their hazards on… I’m thinking they’re out of gas. But then they drive up another 40 feet and stop again. He opens his door and with no hesitation, he jumps off the overpass and lands on the median on mopac. I’ve never even dreamt of witnessing something so terrifying in my life. I of course stopped and called 911 and they asked me if he was still breathing so I kept having to look at his body from up top and I can’t get the imagine out of my head. I was stuck on the overpass for a few hours as detectives wanted to know what I’d seen. Meanwhile, he left the door open and his phone was in the seat and someone was calling over and over. I couldn’t help but think of a mom/dad/friend or relative not knowing what had just happened. This has rocked me to my core. Life is fragile, spend it with your loved ones. Love to all

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

Wait a second... I can go to a police station and just tell them "I lost my gun" and get a free gun?

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Wait a second... I can go to a police station and just tell them "I lost my gun" and get a free gun?

This is Texas, man.  I'm pretty sure that the authorities are REQUIRED to give you a firearm upon request.