Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Let me get this straight, aggy is now claiming that getting a big recruit to commit before a visit to another school is “questionable” and “probably cheating”? 

But the dude they got last year who committed to a school he never visited and never was on the radar was totally above board?

• Hook 'Em 9

Am i correct that their "premiere" recruiting event is a pool party, popularized by Charlie, and they don't even have an outdoor pool?  Where do they have it? Their natatorium or apartment complex down the way? I suppose the ace up Jumbo's sleeve are some awesome cookie cakes. 🤣😂

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Am i correct that their "premiere" recruiting event is a pool party, popularized by Charlie, and they don't even have an outdoor pool?  Where do they have it? Their natatorium or apartment complex down the way? I suppose the ace up Jumbo's sleeve are some awesome cookie cakes. 🤣😂

image.jpeg

It's at an apartment complex that is popular with aggie football players. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Give the reputation of our Pool Party..."

FXhQh2sUcAQfYPu?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQiL0UsAAjSFA?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQibQVQAA9aUB?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQiqAUcAIjwmZ?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQkI3UsAAC7jN?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQkbHUIAE5mNR?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQkpYUcAI2enN?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhQk3WUsAIzJ6D?format=jpg&name=medium

That’s an astounding lack of self-awareness… Jimbo’s recruiting pitch is literally still “it was my fourth year and we’re building”.

Well, that plus some Bitcoin, a homoerotic pool party, and a few coupons to the Dixie Chicken.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FXhRyS_VsAAvIwS?format=jpg&name=largeFXhR1-yUcAAUuho?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhR2WVUsAAhJpD?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhR2sJVsAAMnBr?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhUBi-UEAUdzq7?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhUBzGUIAACr8L?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhUCGIVQAEq41v?format=jpg&name=mediumFXhUCXzVEAEpru9?format=jpg&name=medium

Trendiest Schools dropping  off in recruiting this cycle, eh? That would be news to Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee and Penn State, all which are in the on3 top 10. Followed by USC, Oregon, OU, Lousville (lol), Florida, Michigan State...need I on? Let me put it another way, exactly who are these OTHER trendy schools that have fallen off? Michigan at 30 maybe?

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy shit. This is hysterical.

The incessant discussion, among mostly/presumably grown men, about this pool party (what the actual fuck happens at this party anyway?) is marvelous. The seemingly earnest confusion about what’s different between last cycle and this cycle, and the panic that this confusion is creating, is fantastic (I mean, I don’t even really follow recruiting very closely and it seems fairly obvious what has changed).

But the best part is still just the complete lack of self-awareness that the ags have turned into an art form. I used to think they were just intellectually dishonest or were masters of cognitive dissonance, but alas, I’ve come to accept that…they aren’t. It’s sincere, and that is really something.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

This notion that these kids are going to visit an apartment complex pool in college fucking station and completely fall in love with all things aggy has to be the weirdest piece of hope to cling to that I can remember. "Get em to the pool party!" should seem like a screaming red flag to anybody with a brain. One of two things were going on last year there, and maybe both. Either "NIL" deals were being struck at plastic tables over dry BBQ on paper plates, or womenz were "enticing" recruits. To suddenly come out of a mundane and basic event with incredible momentum with all of the top prospects in the country should seem about as natural as Candi's tits. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The best part is everyone predicted what was going to happen here. 

A&M would desperately offer under the table deals for 1 cycle instead of focusing on NIL and then get lapped once other schools had a fully functioning NIL system in place. 

Yep... this forum is going to be really fun when everyone starts poaching their 2022 class next off season with legit NIL deals.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The best part is everyone predicted what was going to happen here. 

A&M would desperately offer under the table deals for 1 cycle instead of focusing on NIL and then get lapped once other schools had a fully functioning NIL system in place. 

Not everyone.  There were plenty of hot takes about how we would never compete with aggy again until we matched their bag game, regardless of NIL advantages.

• Hook 'Em 7

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's crazy how unintelligent and noncritical these guys are about what has transpired and what is transpiring. They were begging, BEGGING, for their money guys to get aggressive with the bags. Then, those guys did get aggressive. I mean, they won some bidding wars ahead of last year, such as McKinley Jackson, and they had a tactic that worked with Leal, Robertson, Wright, Demas, JJones and a few others, but last year, they went aaaaallll the way in. The fans on the forums got what they wanted. 

Now? It was all clean. They're the victim. Everyone else is now apparently "cheating" by using the freshly available above-board approach of NIL with on-campus players that obviously translates to visiting recruits and families, and ATM is the virtuous idiot, standing to the side, tsk-tsking everyone else for ... not breaking any rules and using their competitive advantages where available. 

It's just fucking bizarre. 

For the ATM regime as a whole, it looks like someone pointed out to them at some point that FOIA was a problem for claiming any NIL work with the past guys. Inventing NIL programs after the fact is a lot harder than expected.

So then they sprint out there and claim just good ol'hard work leading to the greatest class of all time without a fucking DC on staff as numerous 4 and 5 stars committed late. That doesn't sit well with guys like Kiffin, Day, and Saban, who know they fucking cheated in bigger ways than they were supposed to in the "handshake agreement" environment of bag game recruiting. So they start talking about it.

ATM can't handle someone implying they're dishonorable in some way, while they've been brazenly dishonorable, and so Ritz Bitz scampers out and goes nuts on the most respected and powerful entity in CFB at the moment - Darth Saban.

The fallout from there has been thorough, and the rock and the hard place that the program has put itself in has made staying aggressive with the bags a non-starter and diving into real NIL a game of starting from behind, by multiple laps, and with less major resources on the up and up for the process. 

Meanwhile, the insecure aggie fans, needing a white knight and a fairy tale, love the little cracker getting after it and love the notion of their program being the lone wolf of righteousness. They think they're William Wallace. They're looking more like George Custer.

Damn CTJ...this is Pulitzer Prize level stuff.  In less than a 1000 words, you have summed up Aggie's "little man/inferiority complex" with more aplomb than AOC going after her next tweet/photo-op.

Well done sir, well done.

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

God I love the fucking Bijan and Ewers super car shit. It's their big smoking gun that something untoward is happening. We must be cheating, because they have quarter million dollar cars. 

Nevermind that those cars are almost certainly a lease and, wait for it...there are zero of those kinds of dealerships in College Station. So who the fuck is going to sign their players to a fucking deal? What's actually more amazing to me is that half those motherfuckers don't have leases for trucks with whatever dealerships ARE there. The car lease is easily the most straightforward NIL deal out there, and these guys are shitting themselves that its proof the moon landing was fake. Meanwhile it's LITERALLY the easiest deal for a player and a business to make. 

You'll be shocked to hear this, but when we were doing research on Texas NIL capabilities, we looked into car dealership saturation. Austin has 50 of them. College Station had 8. Tuscaloosa area had like 10. This isn't some kind of fucking Randy Marsh Cock Magic at play. It's Austin. 

Lawrence Marshall dealership shuts down

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread