Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

God I love the fucking Bijan and Ewers super car shit. It's their big smoking gun that something untoward is happening. We must be cheating, because they have quarter million dollar cars. 

Nevermind that those cars are almost certainly a lease and, wait for it...there are zero of those kinds of dealerships in College Station. So who the fuck is going to sign their players to a fucking deal? What's actually more amazing to me is that half those motherfuckers don't have leases for trucks with whatever dealerships ARE there. The car lease is easily the most straightforward NIL deal out there, and these guys are shitting themselves that its proof the moon landing was fake. Meanwhile it's LITERALLY the easiest deal for a player and a business to make. 

You'll be shocked to hear this, but when we were doing research on Texas NIL capabilities, we looked into car dealership saturation. Austin has 50 of them. College Station had 8. Tuscaloosa area had like 10. This isn't some kind of fucking Randy Marsh Cock Magic at play. It's Austin. 

Yep, the car deals are one year leases. 

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/news/bijan-robinson-lamborghini-austin-deal-parternship-texas-longhorns-football-running-back-nil-name-image-likeness/

"Right now, we just want to have our brand associated with Bijan’s brand because it’s brand exposure for both parties. He wants to exude excellence on the field. That’s what Lamborghini’s brand is associated with: exuding excellence and top-notch standards. That’s really what we’re looking at the biggest piece of this partnership is between us.”

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wait, they're about to lose Bisontis to LSU? That dude has been the imagined cornerstone of their OL class for months. Steve Addazio hard at work.

FXjAFxkUcAE7aDq?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAGFvUYAAXSJr?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAGaCVEAALcar?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAGryVsAA1yrt?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAIyZUYAARMq3?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAJHnVUAIrlOv?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAJb5VUAAHWvJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFXjAJwuUsAADM1E?format=jpg&name=medium

Isn't Addazio a decent OL coach?  I mean he's not like the scrubs Jimbo had with their Tim Nunez-esque lines at FSU.  Right?  Or is he really shitty?

It absolutely kills me just how much these rubes think this pool party is so tremendously epic and irreplicable that, if they can just get them in that pool, they’ve crossed the finish line and can ”put them in the calculator”

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Isn't Addazio a decent OL coach?  I mean he's not like the scrubs Jimbo had with their Tim Nunez-esque lines at FSU.  Right?  Or is he really shitty?

He's a decent coach, he's just a huuuuuge asshole. Aggressively, needlessly so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dont worry. I didn't forget ole Ray Childress running/embezzling that motherfucker into the ground. I enjoy passing it's hollowed out husk of a property every time we drive past it on 290. 

He's a bad businessman.  He had to sell his interest in the Texans because he was broke.  He also lost a ton of money in cattle at least twice that I know of. I know him and his wife.  He's not a bad guy and I don't think he was doing anything nefarious with that dealership.  Others were and he was not bright enough to stop it.

His wife is a Longhorn and she's always been a looker.  She's got to be around 60 now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

It absolutely kills me just how much these rubes think this pool party is so tremendously epic and irreplicable that, if they can just get them in that pool, they’ve crossed the finish line and can ”put them in the calculator”

found the guy that doesn't know how to spell irreplicable.

#teamdarktheme

Edited by Viper

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He's a bad businessman.  He had to sell his interest in the Texans because he was broke.  He also lost a ton of money in cattle at least twice that I know of. I know him and his wife.  He's not a bad guy and I don't think he was doing anything nefarious with that dealership.  Others were and he was not bright enough to stop it.

His wife is a Longhorn and she's always been a looker. 

I prefer my take better, sir. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Yeah, seriously, are the Gemstones gonna be at this pool party or something?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.746a6bbba570773f5e39b8f5d94841ae.png

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I prefer my take better, sir. 

I just really wanted to post pics of his wife.  I got to know them because they were family friends from back in the 80s.  I used to take her groceries out as a teenager back in the 90s.  And she was just absolutely gorgeous -- at least in my teenage mind -- and just a sweet, sweet person.  She has held up well, though I have not seen her in person much since they sold their partnership interest in the Texans awhile back.

• Hook 'Em 3

They simply just cannot grasp the difference between straight cash payments under the table and NIL. 

And they can't figure out that Jimbo had to deny that NIL had anything to do with last years class, because if they had used NIL on last years class, it would have been illegal.

So now they are all parroting Jimbo's denial that it was not NIL, and mistaking it as that they did it with just excellent recruiting skills and no payments whatsoever.

And that leads them to the point where they are now that they cannot understand why they are not recruiting on the same level.

It's like a bunch of toddlers trying to rationalize something that they have no idea how it works.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.4abe2eea8dec4e51eb7c6c4c2cb0491d.png

And that person? Somebody else on the thread pulling things out of his ass.

26 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

So now they are all parroting Jimbo's denial that it was not NIL, and mistaking it as that they did it with just excellent recruiting skills and no payments whatsoever.

And that leads them to the point where they are now that they cannot understand why they are not recruiting on the same level.

Good post. 

They also believe that whatever good happened to them recently will endlessly repeat. They don't understand that their good achievements are the anomalies.

They went 9-1 and finished top 5 in a very odd Covid season. Texags declares that they've arrived and will every season be in the running for a playoff spot. They expected to do the same last year by replacing Mond, who they all hated, with King. King goes down, so they get to hate Calzada and blame him for not being in the playoffs.

Now, they keep insisting that they're going to kick ass this year by getting 10 wins and winning their bowl (should it not be against Wake Forest). They may have a breakthrough QB, but there's little evidence of that. I think most other fan bases would be worried.

The other anomaly is their recruiting class last year. As strong as their total lack of understanding of what may have happened then, they now think the only thing keeping them from doing it again is tu, Saban, bribes, corruption of their precious bodily fluids, and the BOMC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

@texifornia is really doing the lord's work in this thread.

A couple of things that were a bit upthread:

1. "God for bid"
2. Starting off one of those screen caps with "Looch just got off...." made me do a disgusting triple take and throw up a little in my mouth before I realized he was talking about their radio show.

Also... "You don't see Alabama losing all the guys it wants to Auburn" is funny enough on its own merit with ATM being Bama in this analogy and Texas being Auburn. But those imbeciles look down on Auburn when they would kill their mother to have their success.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, Burt Macklin said:

Holy shit. Looch saying they can get a top 10 class but the margin for error so tight might be the most negative thing I’ve ver heard Looch say about aggy recruiting. They must be absolutely fucked. 

sucide watch in collie station?

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That guy had heard of the legendary Aggie Pool Party. That was enough. But let's go back to the beginning.

He knew in his heart that he wanted to be a straight shooter at a school that has an honor code. He grew up wanting to say howdy and whoop. In the wasteland of his life, a cool fresh breeze carried the whisper of Texas A&M University. Pool Party. No money used to recruit.

He saw a man in an ATM hat, We Beat Bama Shirt, and flashing a sparkling ring. This man told him of Fish Camp, the fabled fabulousness of College Station apartment swimming pools, and the great tradition of putting a penny at the foot of the Sul Ross statue for good luck.

"Good bull!" said the maroon hatted man.

Weeping, the young recruit asked, "Where do I sign? You'll make sure that this deal isn't sullied by any payments to me, right?"

It was good bull indeed my friends. The manly fellow in the maroon hat then guided the disoriented young man back to his home where the recruit's parents showered them with flowers and chocolates.

Practically SpiderAg level poetry right thar.

• Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread