Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You know, I was thinking about college stadium atmosphere. The Aggies pride themselves on being very loud which they certainly can be. I think what makes their atmosphere distinctive is that's it's a time capsule of 1939 or even earlier which is really pretty fun to watch once or twice. It shouldn't be missed.

Over time, do you really want to listen to a military band playing the same tired songs, the fans merely being loud, and all the other weird shit that's interesting to visit but who'd want to live there? Frankly, it's sort of oppressive.

Other big college stadiums are festive and fun. The yelling and cheering is not nearly so regimented. It doesn't feel so much like a torch meeting in Nuremburg. People are fans not cultists. I don't think Kyle field is as fun as a big game in Austin, Baton Rouge, Talahassee, South Bend, or Columbus. 

And, my God, they never shut up about being loud. Ever. There's more to it.

I'm one of the older Horns here; not Army Brat old, but 1980s graduate.  My family attended all the football games and a lot of baseball and basketball games while I grew up.  Trying to recall the exact time frame, I think it was the early to mid '70s, but the Showband of the Southwest for a couple of years incorporated some of the redundant shit that the aggie band performed every halftime.  Guess what?  The Longhorn Marching Band marched better and played the songs better.  True fucking fact.  IDK if they were deliberately trolling the brown shirts, but there you are.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah he has that backwards. The biggest reason Williams is here is because Alabama got theirs elsewhere.  Not that we beat them straight up.  If one of their safety commits gets poached and they double back to him, maybe there’s a problem. Or maybe h has a good setup here and will have bonded with classmates and feel comfortable staying. It’s fluid, obviously. 

Williams is interested in the education at Texas and likes the Austin scene. He could have picked Bama if he wanted. The aggies are just making shit up all over these screenshots and the Williams stuff is part of that. Could he decommit and go to Bama or something? Sure. I don’t expect it. 

For those asking about Weigman being hurt, @GreenspointTexas mentioned hearing something about a back injury on the “Tell Me About Texas A&M” thread so I checked in on it with two people involved with the sport and ATM. Doesn’t look like there’s anything to it unless multiple folks around the player are lying.  That said, he allegedly has had concussions in his past and that’s something to keep an eye on. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah he has that backwards. The biggest reason Williams is here is because Alabama got theirs elsewhere.  Not that we beat them straight up.  If one of their safety commits gets poached and they double back to him, maybe there’s a problem. Or maybe h has a good setup here and will have bonded with classmates and feel comfortable staying. It’s fluid, obviously. 

Well one of their safety commits just got poached so I guess we'll find out

image.png.ec67bd18fceef6be40134af964061149.png

TAMU's final (inevitable) ascent and enthronement at the highest level of college football. Let's look into their world!

spacer.png

The confirmation that Aggies are the best, most decent, best stadium findin' good guys in the world. 

spacer.png

At long last, they have the fearless leadership of Jimbo, who loves them all, to get them the final, inevitable mile!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No wonder the whole world wishes they could be Aggies!

Yet, their world view seems a little loseresque:

image.png.713628ce56e02f62dd0bc9cd30abfc30.png

They're so proud of such low accomplishments. 10 winning seasons in a row! They hope to really wow the football world by winning 10 games this season: nothing about winning their division or conference.

Yet, their destiny is to ascend against the wishes of the entire evil conspiracy that has kept them down.

So, I went overboard. It's Friday. Just 8 weeks to Midnight Yell!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

I'm one of the older Horns here; not Army Brat old, but 1980s graduate.  My family attended all the football games and a lot of baseball and basketball games while I grew up.  Trying to recall the exact time frame, I think it was the early to mid '70s, but the Showband of the Southwest for a couple of years incorporated some of the redundant shit that the aggie band performed every halftime.  Guess what?  The Longhorn Marching Band marched better and played the songs better.  True fucking fact.  IDK if they were deliberately trolling the brown shirts, but there you are.

They did. I was here back then.

• texifornia changed the title to Time is a Flat Circlejerk: aggy Screenshot Megathread
4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You know, I was thinking about college stadium atmosphere. The Aggies pride themselves on being very loud which they certainly can be. I think what makes their atmosphere distinctive is that's it's a time capsule of 1939 or even earlier which is really pretty fun to watch once or twice. It shouldn't be missed.

Over time, do you really want to listen to a military band playing the same tired songs, the fans merely being loud, and all the other weird shit that's interesting to visit but who'd want to live there? Frankly, it's sort of oppressive.

Other big college stadiums are festive and fun. The yelling and cheering is not nearly so regimented. It doesn't feel so much like a torch meeting in Nuremburg. People are fans not cultists. I don't think Kyle field is as fun as a big game in Austin, Baton Rouge, Talahassee, South Bend, or Columbus. 

Roma, I  pretty much agree with your entire post, but don't refer to that bunch of sheep humping, horn toting maggots as a military band.  Cunt scout band?  Maybe...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I was at the aggy/Miss St game last year. Was legit creeped out by their full on embrace of white nationalism. During the pregame forced prayer, I learned that the only future for our country was for their kind to be in charge. And I’m not exaggerating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I’ve been to Kyle Field for several games in the past and it’s completely overrated as a “loud” stadium. It’s not nearly as loud as it’s hyped up to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I’ve been to Kyle Field for several games in the past and it’s completely overrated as a “loud” stadium. It’s not nearly as loud as it’s hyped up to be.

I’ve been to Kyle Field also, it’s loud but intimidating??!? Idk about that but that was before the remodeling. . I went back in 2010 when they upset OU with Ryan Tannerhill at QB 

8 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Even Texas fans aren’t obsessed with Texas as much as aggys are 

I’ve had aggys text me after their “big” wins (bama, auburn, lsu). I totally understand. First thing I did when we beat ou in 2013 or 2015 or notre dame in 2016 or usc and ou and Georgia in 2018 was text my aggy friends to gloat. 

Oh wait no I didn’t cause I’m not a fucking psycho that lives to watch my rivals lose, and even when we win, still rub it in their face instead of celebrating with my fellow longhorn fans. I remember when Vince crossed the goal line on 4th and 5, I immediately picked up the phone and metaphorically rubbed shit all over my aggy friends face. Oh wait no I didn’t. I went down to the drag with my parents and dogs and celebrated the greatest win in program history as well as the greatest game in college football history. The way real fan bases go about celebrating…..

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Did they really just invest in under the table deals and not NIL? Seems very short-sighted but I guess we are talking about aggy. 

I for one am shocked that aggy could only copy what Bama, Georgia, and Clemson have been doing for the last decade and were unable to use critical thinking to understand and adapt to the sea change brought about by NIL.

Edited by WBT
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

They actually brag about how the press box sways.

They brag about a lot of things. Like beating bama once. Or winning world war 2. Or how they’ve owned the sec. or how jimbo is a combo of Bear, DKR, Urban and Saban while every top recruit they’ve gotten just loves gorgeous college station and the rich tradition of aggy. I mean, who wouldn’t want to play high level football at a school located in a flat wasteland where a fried chicken joint is the best restaurant in town?

6 hours ago, D3zii said:

I’ve been to Kyle Field also, it’s loud but intimidating??!? Idk about that but that was before the remodeling. . I went back in 2010 when they upset OU with Ryan Tannerhill at QB 

I was there a few years ago, it was very loud even after 1/3 of the stadium bailed because they were getting their ass kicked.  

they were absolutely piping crowd noise through the speakers, while the other team was running plays no less.   Aggies don’t cheat, whatever.   They got called out for it subtly by mullen a few years ago.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I was there a few years ago, it was very loud even after 1/3 of the stadium bailed because they were getting their ass kicked.  

they were absolutely piping crowd noise through the speakers, while the other team was running plays no less.   Aggies don’t cheat, whatever.   They got called out for it subtly by mullen a few years ago.   

I watched them play Sam Houston one year while Johnny was there because I was friends with a SHSU player. Their fans were rude and obnoxious to SHSU fans in a condescending way. The stadium was not loud, but they also piped in fake crowd noise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, cafe society said:

In 90's Texas and Baylor band did a tribute to all the songs played by the SWC bands by playing the beginning of each song for Aggy they incorporated this part into their song.

Just imagine the start of aggy turning into what happens at 0.59. It was great.

• Haha 2

No one can work themselves up into a fantasy more quickly than an aggie talking about winning games they didn’t play. Little girls playing tea time with their dolls look on with envy as an aggie gets going harping on the times they would have beaten Texas and won national titles if not for them having a completely different real life schedule and set of outcomes. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No one can work themselves up into a fantasy more quickly than an aggie talking about winning games they didn’t play. Little girls playing tea time with their dolls look on with envy as an aggie gets going harping on the times they would have beaten Texas and won national titles if not for them having a completely different real life schedule and set of outcomes. 

Not only do they love to talk about winning games they didn't play in, but they also love to claim championships during seasons in which they didn't win a championship.

• Hook 'Em 4

A&M doesn’t get the money to pay Jimbo $10 million in the Big XII. 
A&M doesn’t get Jimbo to move to a middle of the road Big XII team. 
A&M doesn’t get the recruits to go to the Big XII over UT. 
A&M is a 7-5 team hoping to get a win against their rival in a down year to make it all better in the Big XII. 
Because that is what they were in the Big XII. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SamMan said:

Every time I see them talking shit about how arch & fam are going to cannibalize the locker room, I think about the fact that the greatest goddamn player to ever grace a college football field *wanted* to redshirt at Texas, because he knew he needed it, there was another #1 overall recruit in the room, and another five star (mock) ahead of him as well. The fact that they completely fucked up their qb room by playing off one against the other until both decided to leave is their fucking problem.

I know times have changed, but it is telling that Texas has the unique experience of 1) having multiple top overall recruits in the same room 2) having the most hyped recruit, hailing from a famous family, on campus & dealing with the politics 3) having enough going for it outside of football to keep those elite qbs from mutually deciding that neither of them really want to be there anymore. 

Yes, the major/simms drama was a pain. Yes, we did see a connor exodus that left us with case & ash. Yes, we have stocked Utah’s current qb depth chart. But, none of that shit resulted in us watching one guy win the heisman elsewhere and both guys become nfl starters. That is a distinctly aggie-level self own.

The simms-applewhite drama was insane, but it was nothing compared to Case-Ash. @shadow_operative met up with a dude at an Arby’s and challenged him to a knife fight. Derka was very very defensive of Case, or Diet Colt as he’d say

• Haha 8

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread