Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Two things that seem somewhat in conflict to me 

- The common sentiment that we only have 3 quality commits. I assume that S'Maje Burrell is not among the guys they count 

- The recognition that they really need LBs. They say Anthony Hill is the only piece they're missing for a national championship

Burrell would be the third highest rated LB that Jimbo has signed at A&M and the highest since 2020. At a position of need. But he's bread. Ok then. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Signs point to yes. 

Well if we can kick their ass with Herman, Orlando and Hand, no telling what we’re gonna do to them once we join the sec. Can’t wait to dominate that conference in the big 3 sports 

Best parts: 

1. the solution to negative media coverage is “get more Aggies on the media.” Just need more loyal party members to echo the ministry of truth, is all. 

2. The cognitive dissonance of trying to abide by jimbos “we didn’t pay players, we don’t really even have NIL” with “why are we so behind on NIL, we have the most money” 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Askew said:

Best parts: 

1. the solution to negative media coverage is “get more Aggies on the media.” Just need more loyal party members to echo the ministry of truth, is all. 

2. The cognitive dissonance of trying to abide by jimbos “we didn’t pay players, we don’t really even have NIL” with “why are we so behind on NIL, we have the most money” 

Seems like every time Jimbo speaks, he sounds like a whiny little crying, poor poor pitiful me, bitch?

• Hook 'Em 2

Regarding this post:

BA6AFE6F-E01B-47F3-A571-AB44B5C3DFD7.thumb.jpeg.f7888acc5ecf659563b3bb545de43fdc.jpeg

…I hadn’t considered this at all, but I’m in the minority (probably) around here who would love this  

I like the idea of games in Los Angeles as well as games against Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, maybe Oregon & Washington. Hell, even Rutgers (Close to  NYC) and Maryland (DC area and no TH overlooking them).

I have never wanted to associate with the SEC if there was a financially viable alternative. This person’s suggestion would mean a National College Football League (B1G) vs the SEC being a regional league.

UT has more in common with Minnesota & Indiana than Mississippi State & South Carolina.

The only positive in the SEC would be the college co-eds at the road games that I will never go to.

• Hook 'Em 9

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Regarding this post:

BA6AFE6F-E01B-47F3-A571-AB44B5C3DFD7.thumb.jpeg.f7888acc5ecf659563b3bb545de43fdc.jpeg

…I hadn’t considered this at all, but I’m in the minority (probably) around here who would love this  

I like the idea of games in Los Angeles as well as games against Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, maybe Oregon & Washington. Hell, even Rutgers (Close to  NYC) and Maryland (DC area and no TH overlooking them).

I have never wanted to associate with the SEC if there was a financially viable alternative. This person’s suggestion would mean a National College Football League (B1G) vs the SEC being a regional league.

UT has more in common with Minnesota & Indiana than Mississippi State & South Carolina.

The only positive in the SEC would be the college co-eds at the road games that I will never go to.

We are tied into the SEC because of our relationship with ESPN. There is zero chance we go B1G.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hilariously, and I don't have time to find it, but this is a direct copy paste from some other message board talking about how it was working at aggy last cycle. Might even have been here. 

It was definitely on here.  It came to mind immediately as I read that post. At least they are getting into recycling. 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We are tied into the SEC because of our relationship with ESPN. There is zero chance we go B1G.

They also think for some reason that Texas is driving the train here. The truth is that ou was the one talking with the sec and then inquired in Austin when the sec said it has to be with Texas.  

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Regarding this post:

Sheeeeeet, boy. We was on the same side with dem boyz in the Great War of Northern Aggression! 

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Could this be a nugget of truth in all that shit?  I want it to be true.  The number of tags next to Grown Pear's handle does lend it credibility.

This is the exact same text that "sliced bread" posted last year about aggy.  They just changed Texas atm to Texas. Otherwise, carbon copy.

I see now this has been mentioned.

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
Repost

47 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Man I wish we joined the big 10 with ou and Kansas though. Playing Nebraska again along with Michigan and Ohio state. Be a salty little baseball conference too. Oh well. Guess we gotta put up with the biggest mouth breathers in the world in the sec

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Askew said:

Best parts: 

Can you imagine an Aggie version of ESPN? 

What bullshit would they get into? I'd imagine for starters they would get in a bidding war for the broadcast rights to the Westminster dog show. They would show the top 12 plays of the day and they would always win commercials.

I swear they are literally copying every message board accusation about how they landed their class last year and recycling it as evidence for how we are landing recruits. The biggest difference though, is it’s much less suspicious when one of the biggest brands in the sport lands national prospects compared to a regional brand that hasn’t accomplished anything of national relevance since 1939. Last time they played for a conference championship, Bill Clinton was President.

• Hook 'Em 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread