Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

We are. We have a whole day planned for Coronado tomorrow, about which we are extremely excited. But we’re going to mess around on Mission Beach for a few hours, then head to La Jolla for tidal pools. 

if we ever get out of the fucking hotel. 

Just tell her you’re gonna meet Zep in Tijuana for a few hours until she’s ready.  I’ll bet she’ll be ready in under 5 minutes.   

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

The infamous PowerPoint image that I just can't manage to attach to this post in the year 2022.

Screenshot_20220701-150454_Samsung Internet.jpg

They are probably referencing the NIL slide that Marion posted to his IG last year if they even have that. 

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

I especially liked " and can't stand seeing us doing what we are doing."

Exactly WTF has A&M Done?  Beaten Alabama twice in the last decade, and never sniffed a birth in the Championship game?  Who the fuck would want to emulate that?

Listen you stupid sip...we also beat LSU that one time after 7 overtimes. Didn't you see the amazing cups and t shirts we made? The score was clearly visible under the huge SEC SEC SEC logo.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TriStone said:

OK, so I seem to remember one of aggy's 2022 class was from Florida and committed to them without ever even taking a visit.  Am I correct on that or am I misremembering shit?

It just took a picture from the pool party and he begged to get in.

1.jpg

1 hour ago, BigSwingingD said:

Listen you stupid sip...we also beat LSU that one time after 7 overtimes. Didn't you see the amazing cups and t shirts we made? The score was clearly visible under the huge SEC SEC SEC logo.  

They tried to push the idea that it was the greatest college football game ever. Everybody would forget the 2005 championship game.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Aggies have sark and Arch pegged, imo. He needs talent all around him, just like Mac Jones. Who promptly got drafted and cratered in the NFL. What’s that? Playoff run as a rookie and pro bowl appearance and the most successful rookie in his class? Aggie fans are literally a hive extension of Helobious. If they’re saying it, it’s factually the opposite. 

No one has ever seen Jimbo and @NowThis in the same room. That’s a factSpider-Man Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

I've actually had that thrown at me.  I mentioned that we're 1-1 against LSU in the last 25 years, whereas they're 2-9.

That didn't go over well.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've actually had that thrown at me.  I mentioned that we're 1-1 against LSU in the last 25 years, whereas they're 2-9.

That didn't go over well.  

We are a dropped TD pass and a pandemic away from being 3-0 against them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why does he keep saying that class was built after going 9-1? 

It was primarily built during an 8-4 season where they went from the #6 preseason team to unranked at the end of the year. 

Because it is the only time aggy has not been a complete afterthought in college football since 2011. Even then, Texas has more 10 win seasons than aggy in the last 10 years.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Even then, Texas has more 10 win seasons than aggy in the last 10 years.

Same # -- 1.

Over that time period, A&M has had a higher winning percentage (67% vs 56%).  But, they've done so against a lesser average strength of schedule (Texas 17 vs A&M 26).

LMAO that they faced weaker competition after moving to the SEC! SEC! SEC! than they would have had they stayed in the Big XII.

PS:  Neither team has any reason to brag.

• Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Can’t wait to read the rumors that guy has been “hearing out of the 512.”  Maybe if we get Hiil and Muhammad they’ll need so much cope they’ll make some up. 

Hey, that guy lives in Cedar Park so he must know all the intricacies of our recruiting since he lives close to Austin.  🤣

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Same # -- 1.

Over that time period, A&M has had a higher winning percentage (67% vs 56%).  But, they've done so against a lesser average strength of schedule (Texas 17 vs A&M 26).

LMAO that they faced weaker competition after moving to the SEC! SEC! SEC! than they would have had they stayed in the Big XII.

PS:  Neither team has any reason to brag.

Our record would be better if we played 1 FCS team a year, too.

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s bizarre to me that fans of a school with their track record would ever question whether something will ever translate to “winning on the field” for somebody else..as if they know what that looks like. That is literally the question they have been asking themselves for nearly a century—when is our super awesome school spirit and timeworn tradition ever going to translate to winning on the field?? I mean, I’ve honestly been under the assumption that they originated the idea that a marching band could win halftime in order to compensate for their football team’s shitty results on the field, but maybe I’ve missed something in their illustrious history since 1939. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, SamMan said:

It’s bizarre to me that fans of a school with their track record would ever question whether something will ever translate to “winning on the field” for somebody else..as if they know what that looks like. That is literally the question they have been asking themselves for nearly a century—when is our super awesome school spirit and timeworn tradition ever going to translate to winning on the field?? I mean, I’ve honestly been under the assumption that they originated the idea that a marching band could win halftime in order to compensate for their football team’s shitty results on the field, but maybe I’ve missed something in their illustrious history since 1939. 

You haven't missed a thing. 

They're always on the cusp of an incomparable greatness for the ages that will put everyone else in the nation to shame forever, right up until the moment they're not. Then it's dead dog cemeteries, squeezing their left nut, and the cult of some guy named Gill who did a simple thing any number of students in that era did at other schools, only nobody else was delusional enough to think it was some uniquely awesome act of heroism.

In one sense, it's a shame we'll ever play them again. Continuing that stupid off campus bonfire after they quit playing us is about the most Aggie thing ever. It symbolizes their burning hatred of whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SamMan said:

I mean, I’ve honestly been under the assumption that they originated the idea that a marching band could win halftime in order to compensate for their football team’s shitty results on the field, but maybe I’ve missed something in their illustrious history since 1939. 

Their marching band sucks, too.  The self-delusion over their "dangerous" pass throughs is fascinating.  Any decent Texas HS marching band could learn that drill in an hour.

• Hook 'Em 1

And a high school marching band would add musicianship while doing so.

I'm going to have to enter rehab to stop posting on this thread, but they're so fucking bizarre it's hard not to ponder them.

I will remind of one of their most pathetic episodes before they fled. Recall they were quite distressed that most here consider OU the bigger football rival. On Texags, they were constantly pointing out that we talk about them, we have them in our fight song, and we have/had a Hex Rally. Whenever someone would quote somebody over here deriding the Aggies or even mentioning, inevitably they'd write, "Not their rivals, huh?"

The Aggies have repeated claimed that they're glad to be rid of us. They don't need us. They don't care about us anymore.

We may laugh at how they contradict themselves all the time on everything, but nobody here gets worked up that the Aggies are claiming we're not their big rival. In comparison, we realized that when Nebraska was good that the Nebraska game was likely bigger to OU than playing us. It was likely the same when A&M dominated us. For that time, we wanted that fucking monkey off our backs and would have preferred victory over the Aggies to one over OU. It's a big deal to beat OU; it's an embarrassing nightmare to lose to the Aggies.

If we declared OU was not our big rival, I can't see Sooners tearing at their hair and the veins on their red necks bulging. They'd laugh at the absurdity of it and just look forward to the game. I imagine it's the same with every other college. 

Not the Aggies. They want to believe they are feared and always on the minds of everyone particularly the fehgs down in Austin who give them their identity. These hard core Aggies will eventually find themselves in the 2% as the increased enrollment makes it safer for normal people to ignore or even scorn the traditional idiocy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

And a high school marching band would add musicianship while doing so.

I'm going to have to enter rehab to stop posting on this thread, but they're so fucking bizarre it's hard not to ponder them.

I will remind of one of their most pathetic episodes before they fled. Recall they were quite distressed that most here consider OU the bigger football rival. On Texags, they were constantly pointing out that we talk about them, we have them in our fight song, and we have/had a Hex Rally. Whenever someone would quote somebody over here deriding the Aggies or even mentioning, inevitably they'd write, "Not their rivals, huh?"

The Aggies have repeated claimed that they're glad to be rid of us. They don't need us. They don't care about us anymore.

We may laugh at how they contradict themselves all the time on everything, but nobody here gets worked up that the Aggies are claiming we're not their big rival. In comparison, we realized that when Nebraska was good that the Nebraska game was likely bigger to OU than playing us. It was likely the same when A&M dominated us. For that time, we wanted that fucking monkey off our backs and would have preferred victory over the Aggies to one over OU. It's a big deal to beat OU; it's an embarrassing nightmare to lose to the Aggies.

If we declared OU was not our big rival, I can't see Sooners tearing at their hair and the veins on their red necks bulging. They'd laugh at the absurdity of it and just look forward to the game. I imagine it's the same with every other college. 

Not the Aggies. They want to believe they are feared and always on the minds of everyone particularly the fehgs down in Austin who give them their identity. These hard core Aggies will eventually find themselves in the 2% as the increased enrollment makes it safer for normal people to ignore or even scorn the traditional idiocy. 

As someone who grew up in the Golden Triangle during their 1980’s era dominance, I’d be more than happy to have their fan base obsess over a rivalry with Arkansas or LSU or whoever instead of UT.  They are kind of like an ex girlfriend that won’t stop calling-move on already, get over it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I had an aggy comment on a shirt I rarely decided to wear - the Colt McCoy Rose Bowl vs Bama. It was a shirt just showing the two teams matched up prior to the “results.” No big deal but I’d barely worn it over the years.

aggy looked at that shirt and had to comment something about living in the past - huh? So I looked back at the aggy cap wearing SOB and said at least I have this! It must be tough finding a T-shirt from 1939!

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I had an aggy comment on a shirt I rarely decided to wear - the Colt McCoy Rose Bowl vs Bama. It was a shirt just showing the two teams matched up prior to the “results.” No big deal but I’d barely worn it over the years.

aggy looked at that shirt and had to comment something about living in the past - huh? So I looked back at the aggy cap wearing SOB and said at least I have this! It must be tough finding a T-shirt from 1939!

Hook’em!

He's setting up a meetup with a brand new audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oApBlWipc2A

On 7/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!

He had no problem finding aggy Klan robes from 1939, though. 

it is really weird, I went to texags and 247 aggy... there is absolutely nothing to be found about this random guy named sydir mitchell........he doesnt exist
Jimbo has a half dozen more on deck twice as good as Mitchell. In fact he probably backed off long ago, whoop!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATexanAbroad said:

it is really weird, I went to texags and 247 aggy... there is absolutely nothing to be found about this random guy named sydir mitchell........he doesnt exist

They did their “already backed off” shuck and jive a few days ago after the flood of predictions for Texas.  Purged off the pages if not off the servers before the commitment even happened. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Jimbo has a half dozen more on deck twice as good as Mitchell. In fact he probably backed off long ago, whoop!

I doubt Jimbo called

• Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread