Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Regarding this post:

BA6AFE6F-E01B-47F3-A571-AB44B5C3DFD7.thumb.jpeg.f7888acc5ecf659563b3bb545de43fdc.jpeg

…I hadn’t considered this at all, but I’m in the minority (probably) around here who would love this  

I like the idea of games in Los Angeles as well as games against Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, maybe Oregon & Washington. Hell, even Rutgers (Close to  NYC) and Maryland (DC area and no TH overlooking them).

I have never wanted to associate with the SEC if there was a financially viable alternative. This person’s suggestion would mean a National College Football League (B1G) vs the SEC being a regional league.

UT has more in common with Minnesota & Indiana than Mississippi State & South Carolina.

The only positive in the SEC would be the college co-eds at the road games that I will never go to.

Yeah there's not many SEC towns that compare to LA, Chicago, NYC, DC. And in terms of "college towns" I take Ann Arbor, Madison, and State College over Oxford, Athens, and Collie Station, every time even in the snow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Yeah there's not many SEC towns that compare to LA, Chicago, NYC, DC. And in terms of "college towns" I take Ann Arbor, Madison, and State College over Oxford, Athens, and Collie Station, every time even in the snow.

State college is straight ass

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I swear they are literally copying every message board accusation about how they landed their class last year and recycling it as evidence for how we are landing recruits. The biggest difference though, is it’s much less suspicious when one of the biggest brands in the sport lands national prospects compared to a regional brand that hasn’t accomplished anything of national relevance since 1939. Last time they played for a conference championship, Bill Clinton was President.

The real biggest difference is that it was illegal before July 2021 (in Texas) to offer NIL to any college football players. From July 1 til NSD1 2021, it would have been legal to tell a recruit "This QB signed $1million in NIL deals", but there were no deals signed so that couldn't have happened. 

In 2022, there are loads of NIL deals that transacted the previous year, and there are numerous ways that are legal to explain to recruits how much they might make in NIL deals.

So, to recap -

When tons of recruits were committing to aggy in 2021 out of the blue, for no reason related to school or football, the only way money could have been discussed or transacted would have been against NCAA rules or State of Texas laws.

When tons of recruits are committing to Texas in 2022 out of the blue, possibly for reasons unrelated to football or school, there are myriad legal ways that money can be discussed with players. 

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Putting State College over Oxford and Athens is a bad opinion and you should feel bad. And that's before the pedophile apologists get involved.

Ann Arbor over those two is a bad opinion as well. Athens and Oxford are like upper, upper % college towns. 

I'll take a step back, actually - depending on what you're wanting Ann Arbor could definitely be better than Oxford. No way are you convincing me it's better than Athens, though. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I can't believe "Jimbo Is Success." isn't getting more play. Cracked me up.

It’s really astonishing. They truly think they have some Saban/Urban type but they really have Mack circa 2010. Can still recruit, will get you to 8-9 wins but that’s about it. Shit I wish they’d schedule North Carolina. Mack would coach circles around Jimbo today. Orange bowl was a glorified scrimmage. 

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It’s really astonishing. They truly think they have some Saban/Urban type but they really have Mack circa 2010. Can still recruit, will get you to 8-9 wins but that’s about it. Shit I wish they’d schedule North Carolina. Mack would coach circles around Jimbo today. Orange bowl was a glorified scrimmage. 

Tom Herman out-coached Jimbo. That is really all you need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

So I guess it would be cruel to point out that if A&M were in the Big 12 they would only be ahead of.... 

Instead I think we celebrate Aggie Achievements!  I will celebrate along side my Aggie brethren, the exciting day when A&M 2023 recruiting is again listed on the front page of 24/7's 2023 team recruiting rankings.  Mainly because the main thing I like for Aggies to have is hope.  Without hope, there is no fun in seeing it dashed.  😉

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t think I had Integrity on any of my first 3 mega sized bingo cards with descriptors of Liucci. I see “whiny cunt,” “grifter,” and “manziel fluffer” on quite a few squares however. 

I put a bean on the "irony deaf" square. Well, actually it's the free space in the middle because it comes up every game.

image.png.d0db65beae00f6d76af722a04e7d4767.png

My God, they are world-class practitioners of the big lie. Honest Abe Fisher told them that they didn't pay anyone, so they swallowed that whole even as they were bragging about how much money they had to use for whatever they thought NIL was. That's big lie number 1.

Big lie number 2 is that the elite of college football are panicked and scrambling to match A&M's supposedly imaginary efforts in paying players. Everybody is deeply concerned about A&M and watching their every move in terror. Saban shits every time somebody says Aggie. The University of Texas focuses all of its efforts responding to Texas A&M (what's the A&M stand for? Nothing, just like the school) University.

They parrot this shit over and over. Each time, it's written like a revelation. Soon appear apocryphal stories of chats with illusory tu big shots and rumors around Austin that the lies are true indeed. They do this shit constantly and it's pretty amazing that it is a tradition/malady at an institution of higher learning.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Big lie number 2 is that the elite of college football are panicked and scrambling to match A&M's supposedly imaginary efforts in paying players.

To be fair, there are a few teams doing it. It’s just not who they are claiming are. But Utenn and Miami, $$$

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s a poster handle. The one that accused them of a 30 million dollar recruit payroll last year. 

Did he accuse them, or was he bragging about it?

That post by "sliced bread" (which has since been copied over but with all school references changed to UT instead of A&M), made mention of the sophisticated NIL process the ags' were using, where the money from their big money donors was transferred into shell corporations set up in each player's name, and then funneled to those players under the guise of NIL.  It sounded like he was bragging about how well the ags had aced figuring out the way to use NIL.

Of course we all knew at the time it was complete crap, and that the ags were doing nothing more than the standard-issue SEC bags o'cash, but the way he was talking about it, seemed like he was bragging.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Saban has not mentioned Georgia, Texas etc only us. Why because we are a threat."

Did he miss when Georgia beat Saban in the national title game?

Old news. Georgia is done. A&M is the only threat now. It goes LA Rams, Texas A&M, Tampa Bay…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

FW_h55KXEAIJ6za?format=jpg&name=medium

Just to be clear, Ole Miss currently has the #61 class in the country and last year had #23.

Miami had #16 last year and is at #10 this year.

Bama has basically averaged #1 class forever.

Texas has averaged a top 10 class for years.

Ole Miss currently is #61 with 3 34* and 3 3* and a 90.4 average

Texas A&M is currently #60 with 3 4*, 2 3* and a 90.64 average

confused GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:08 PM, Vertigo said:

Don't full yourselves guys, in Jimbo they trust. 

Of all the delusional things they say, this is one of them.

I don't see any reason to trust a coach blindly, unless he's named Saban or Belichick.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread