Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I honestly don’t think there is a cap on the class for this cycle in Sarkisian’s mind. 28, 32, 35, if the right guys want in, they’re not going to give a shit. Whatever the number, the aggies thinking it’s anything low are just projecting their own insecurities at it. Also, they actually really are supposedly taking a smaller class, in a cycle without counters. Only aggies are this moronic. 

Perhaps them taking a smaller class this cycle is like me sleeping with fewer supermodels this cycle.

Last year aggy chose their own fate; this year fate chooses them.

I honestly don’t think there is a cap on the class for this cycle in Sarkisian’s mind. 28, 32, 35, if the right guys want in, they’re not going to give a shit. Whatever the number, the aggies thinking it’s anything low are just projecting their own insecurities at it. Also, they actually really are supposedly taking a smaller class, in a cycle without counters. Only aggies are this moronic. 

This is like standing pat on a small pair.  Why? You aren’t bluffing anyone, we see your cards… but it’s a really great strategy, ags.  Go with that.

If we do go as high as 30, do you think we process some guys out of the class at that point? I would be shocked if we sent another 15+ guys packing into the portal next offseason, but maybe Sark is just going to go straight gangsta. 

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If we do go as high as 30, do you think we process some guys out of the class at that point? I would be shocked if we sent another 15+ guys packing into the portal next offseason, but maybe Sark is just going to go straight gangsta. 

Maybe we get 10 guys leaving early for the NFL after a hugely successful season?

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Istg

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

There is still plenty of questionable talent on this team that may be ready to find football elsewhere after this season - and in this portal age 15 doesn't seem all that unreasonable..  Additionally there are quite a few players coming off injury who might be medical/transfer candidates.

A few observations:

It's remarkable how often differ posters parrot the same lines as though they're fresh. I can't read nearly all of those posts because it's brain-numbing to the extent I begin to feel like a Texags poster myself.

They love adopting things we say when they're feeling superior. They call us little brother. They dismiss our lack of championships as though they've won anything that living people remember. Now it's calling recruits "bread." According to them, we got two good players and the rest are over-rated bread.

The pool party!!!! They seem to think the pool party held at an apartment complex and catered by one their coaches serving nasty looking butter-boiled chicken is the reason they attracted recruits. They've convinced themselves it's a really special event just as they convinced themselves that the absurdly huge endzone addition to Pyle field was a really great place to watch a game. Recruits don't tune in to the wonder of A&M and College Station when they plunge into an apartment pool. It's something else that those idiots think is NIL.

Another prime example of how Aggies clumsily try to explain away what we all plainly see, regarding the money tweet:

image.png.e74c03267bb714eb004ea9df80640f0b.png

Yes, of course. It's clearly what he meant when he said they would be getting a lot of money from up there. He was just answering the often asked question, "Wow, how do the great people of Texas A&M University home of the Fighting Texas Aggies manage to be so down to earth and friendly but still  manage to afford to provide the world's best facilities and programs? Oh, and thanks for helping me find the stadium when I was lost."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is still plenty of questionable talent on this team that may be ready to find football elsewhere after this season - and in this portal age 15 doesn't seem all that unreasonable..  Additionally there are quite a few players coming off injury who might be medical/transfer candidates.

Likely transfers and/or players that could be processed: 

Hudson Card (if he loses the starting job) 

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire 

Jaden Alexis

Brayden Liebrock

Max Merril 

Isaiah Hookfin

Sawyer-Goram Welch

Vernon Broughton

Prince Dobrah

JD Coffey

These guys have already been recruited over and if we sign a class of 30 plus there are a few others that will get recruited over as well. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire 

Jaden Alexis

Brayden Liebrock

Max Merril 

Isaiah Hookfin

Sawyer-Goram Welch

Vernon Broughton

Prince Dobrah

JD Coffey

These guys have already been recruited over and if we sign a class of 30 plus there are a few others that will get recruited over as well. 

It's been explained ad nauseam, but Hudson Card won't transfer this before this upcoming season unless he somehow manages to graduate from McCombs at the end of the summer session. If he leaves, it will more than likely be after Spring 2023 semester.

JD Coffey? Seriously? He was a true freshman last season and really hasn't gotten a chance.

The rest of list is fine because they're medical schollie candidates or straight JAGs.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

It's been explained ad nauseam, but Hudson Card won't transfer this before this upcoming season unless he somehow manages to graduate from McCombs at the end of the summer session. If he leaves, it will more than likely be after Spring 2023 semester.

JD Coffey? Seriously? He was a true freshman last season and really hasn't gotten a chance.

The rest of list is fine because they're medical schollie candidates or straight JAGs.

This is in reference to players who would transfer to make room for the ‘23 class. These would be players portaling after the 2022 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Lmao. The most aggy thing ever. Drop millions on like ten dudes for the football team but then have a deep enough funding crisis to where your students can’t have toilet paper. Whack."

Well now the whole campus will smell like the golf course. What is next, bring your own light bulbs?

9 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Casey Cain

Troy Omeire 

Jaden Alexis

Brayden Liebrock

Max Merril 

Isaiah Hookfin

Sawyer-Goram Welch

Vernon Broughton

Prince Dobrah

JD Coffey

Sarkisian already said the medical retirement process has begun for Hookfin since his accident.

IMO Card is gone once he finishes his McCombs degree.

The rest aside from Coffey are obvious calls.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread