Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Hey 18 year old kid have you decided on your future and what you’re gonna do.  

not yet I’m waiting to see how this pool party in college station with 20 other dudes plays out.  Then my heart will know 

It’ll be like MM’s experience at Herogasm.
  • Haha 1

“I think there’s some truth and good strategy to being the last one to offer.”

Yes, every hot chick at the bar agrees with this statement..the very last fat, drunken slob to come stumbling up slurring his best canned pickup line, whom all of the lesser gals have already turned down mind you, is surely the prime catch of the evening. Excellent strategy.

That’s obviously why there are no tales on this website about settling for a panhandle six at closing time after a big road win and waking up in a ramshackle mobile home..I’m quite certain I’ve never read anything like that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SamMan said:

Yes, every hot chick at the bar agrees with this statement..the very last fat, drunken slob to come stumbling up slurring his best canned pickup line, whom all of the lesser gals have already turned down mind you, is surely the prime catch of the evening. Excellent strategy.

That’s obviously why there are no tales on this website about settling for a panhandle six at closing time after a big road win and waking up in a ramshackle mobile home..I’m quite certain I’ve never read anything like that.

1 hour ago, SamMan said:

Seemed to work just fine for me on several occasions.  

On 7/9/2022 at 10:03 PM, Fletch said:

The simms-applewhite drama was insane, but it was nothing compared to Case-Ash. @shadow_operative met up with a dude at an Arby’s and challenged him to a knife fight. Derka was very very defensive of Case, or Diet Colt as he’d say

Umm, excuse me, but it was clearly a Whataburger:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I bet we could raise enough money for someone to crash the pool party and poop in the pool.

What, you think we'd have to pay someone to poop in the pool when there are already a bunch of aggys in it?  Come on, man...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy might consider that replacing Elko and Henson, two good likeable coaches, with absolute doghshit might have an effect on their recruiting efforts.

i said it before but A&M hiring Durkin and Addazio and OU keeping Murray really is the same as Texas holding on to Mehringer for years, or hiring Charlie Williams or any of the other just shit tier hires we have had and not fixed immediately. 

The idea that every year Texas has momentum and every year ATM takes it away is a new one for me. Hell, was that even true last year? I feel like we knew ATM was going to crush it and had significant issues with where things were going with Sarkisian’s first full class. This time last year I feel like Williams, Banks, and Hullaby had gone to Oregon and a bunch of guys were talking up or already to ATM. Stewart was gone by now wasn’t he? I went from feeling great about Harris and others to thinking “those motherfuckers”. Seems like that but I haven’t gone back and fact checked. Feels like typical ATM bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The idea that every year Texas has momentum and every year ATM takes it away is a new one for me. Hell, was that even true last year? I feel like we knew ATM was going to crush it and had significant issues with where things were going with Sarkisian’s first full class. This time last year I feel like Williams, Banks, and Hullaby had gone to Oregon and a bunch of guys were talking up or already to ATM. Stewart was gone by now wasn’t he? I went from feeling great about Harris and others to thinking “those motherfuckers”. Seems like that but I haven’t gone back and fact checked. Feels like typical ATM bullshit. 

It's exactly the opposite of this. They come out of the gates hoopin' and hollerin' about how all of the top talent in the state is going to commit to them, and their 9.95ers lather them all up with best class reports and next 5 to commit, etc. Only to see those guys drain away over the course of the next few months (last year being the exception) to the traditional powers including Texas. Then, they turn on their 9.95ers, the 9.95ers start getting pissy and banning people and then scramble to find the next tier of recruits. Many of those guys end up being from out of state recently, even this year only 5 of their 19 remaining targets are in state. Then the 9.95ers get to sell them all over again on "trust in Jimbo" and "diamonds in the rough" because nobody knows shit about the new recruits, so they start mewling in unison once again to the party line and then wonder why they perpetually lose 4+ games per year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

it was painful a year ago around this time from what I remember.  IT, mostly Nahlin, was saying Bryce was coming, Harris, Banks... hell even Brooks was coming til he pivoted to tosu. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FXeb1bAUsAA8AiO?format=jpg&name=mediumFXeb11FUUAEUQiE?format=jpg&name=mediumFXeb2XpUIAAhe-P?format=jpg&name=medium

I never get tired of all these amazing sources that random insurance salesmen in Montgomery county seem to have about the goings on of the Texas AD and high level ESPN and Big12 conference negotiations. And that it pretty much has never once lined up with anything any people with actual sources on the matter seem to ever hear. Weird. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I never get tired of all these amazing sources that random insurance salesmen in Montgomery county seem to have about the goings on of the Texas AD and high level ESPN and Big12 conference negotiations. And that it pretty much has never once lined up with anything any people with actual sources on the matter seem to ever hear. Weird. 

Oh what you don’t think it’s plausible? Big12 commissioners and P5 ADs have to buy car insurance too, pal. 

• Haha 1

lol at Texas getting momentum at the beginning of the cycle. Perroni has put a CB on every Aggie offer immediately for like ten years to make it look like A&M has an early lead. Sumlin's whole thing was to load up early and hold on for dear life at the end. Last year was an anomaly of historic proportions, and they've taken it as the norm going forward. Hope that this current momentum holds for us.

• Hook 'Em 5

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread