Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh boy that hurts 

Stupid sip.  The marine has been training Barton Clement to take over the Center position since June.  Of course Colton Prater could be the Center which would be just as funny.  

Who was the backup Center this year?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

9:50p

Staff

I've got some quick hitters tonight...

-We expect Spring Dekaney CB Marcus Banks to pick someone other than Texas A&M this weekend. If you've been reading Jason's posts, you know this. I don't know how much momentum the Aggie staff has tried to create here, but it seems one of the reasons may be increased belief with Jay Ward out of Georgia. Our recruiting team has learned that Ward has made plans to be in College Station next weekend. 

-Speaking of next weekend, the official visitor list is quite impressive. Ward joins Javonne ShepherdDevonta Lee, and Chris Russell as unsigned prospects that Jimbo Fisher and company will host. Kenyon Green will be in town, as well, and possibly Layden Robinson

-Shepherd remains a mysterious follow down the stretch. The thoughts on where he eventually lands vary depending on who you talk to. Based on what we know, I believe Coach Fisher has made it known to Javonne and those around him that he absolutely has a spot in Aggieland if he wants it. We should know more about the Ags' chances on the other side of the visit. 

-Folks in the know believe Texas A&M is a serious contender for Devonta Lee. I got that vibe off the kid in Orlando earlier this week, but it's good to get it backed up by other sources. The issue here is that final visit to LSU before signing day. We've seen this story often with kids staying on the bayou and playing for the Tigers. Ags will have to absolutely knock that visit out of the park. With the departure of Tyrel Dodson, there's a more clear path to the field for A&M to sell. 

-I mentioned this on Chris Russell the other day but wanted to reiterate some stuff regarding his recruitment. There are some serious Tennessee ties for Russell - most notably his father who grew a giant Volunteer fan. The dad's favorite player growing up? Current Tenn DB coach Terry Fair. My source on this was pretty plugged in, and he did say he felt "fairly confident" in Tennessee ultimately landing Russell, but he did mention that A&M would be wise to involve Jay Graham into the mix next weekend because the dad was a big fan of Jay's, as well. 

-Jason mentioned David Ugwoegbu's check in height/weight in San Antonio this week, and he spoke about the Seven Lakes product playing as a stand up LB all week. In talking with Looch tonight, Billy mentioned that Ugwoegbu is actually built similarly to Otaro Alaka coming out of high school. David has mentioned the possibility of coming back to College Station unofficially. Could the Aggies view him as more of a standup guy now that he's shown his ability to be effective there against some of the best HS players in the country? I'd say it's possible. 

-I had a south Houston source tell me earlier today that should Ft Bend Marshall speedster Devon Achane make a commitment early this spring, it'd undoubtedly be the Aggies. Devon arrived to the state title game a couple weeks back decked out in A&M gear getting off the bus. 

-Another 2020 prospect in south Houston that's surging with A&M momentum is Shadow Creek S Xavion Alford. Alford has some really good junior tape and has seen the P5 offers come rolling in this winter. He picked up LSU recently. Alford plays for Ro Simon and Fast Houston so he's certainly got some ties to the Aggies should they go ahead and pull the trigger on an offer. Alford is also coached by Texas A&M former student Brad Butler at Shadow Creek.

-Lastly, A&M will host the Super Bowl Junior Day event again this year. It was a big hit with the 2019 class, and the recruiting staff will hope it sends the Aggies on their way in 2020.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Liucci is saying that A&M backed off of Marcus Banks and that's why he's going to Alabama.

Stop laughing.

At this point he's just playing the longest troll game in history, no other explaination makes sense. .

i don't pay for 9.95 bullshit, but if I did, and they said "we backed off sanders and that's why he went to Bama" I would immediately stop paying.   

Sure, they're  aggy and we all know and understand them.  But he says so many things that are irrational and delusional even for aggy, he's got to be trolling them.  Hes doing such a masterful job of stealing money from them, I'm starting to think there's a substantially untapped market there   

48 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Sure, they're  aggy and we all know and understand them.  But he says so many things that are irrational and delusional even for aggy, he's got to be trolling them.  Hes doing such a masterful job of stealing money from them, I'm starting to think there's a substantially untapped market there   

850 people paying you $9.95 a month, and you're pulling down six figures.  Hundreds of dollars an hour if you can find 850 aggy to buy your product.

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

850 people paying you $9.95 a month, and you're pulling down six figures.  Hundreds of dollars an hour if you can find 850 aggy to buy your product.

Market can be reinvented with a billboard on I-10.  Just 2,500 rubes from Katy for the discounted price of 3.50

offices in navasota. 

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

At this point he's just playing the longest troll game in history, no other explaination makes sense. .

i don't pay for 9.95 bullshit, but if I did, and they said "we backed off sanders and that's why he went to Bama" I would immediately stop paying.   

Last guy that tried that is cleaning pools. 

Edited by Lobwedgephil
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Think about how stupid the average aggy is.

Then remember that half of them are dumber than that.

• Like 4

He picked up LSU recently. Alford plays for Ro Simon and Fast Houston so he's certainly got some ties to the Aggies shouldthey go ahead and pull the trigger on an offer.

So I guess they concede that Fast is an A&M recruiting wing then? 

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

He picked up LSU recently. Alford plays for Ro Simon and Fast Houston so he's certainly got some ties to the Aggies shouldthey go ahead and pull the trigger on an offer.

Sounds like it. Just as all their recruiting “reporters” are actually aggy boosters who recruit kids every chance they get. Aggy has no problem cheating openly. They know the ncaa is toothless like much of their jort-wearing fanbase. 

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Ro is on Adidas’ payroll. His sole job is to steer kids to Addidas schools, aka Aggy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So aggy is looking at signing 1 high school CB over the last 2 years and the one they signed has pretty much already outgrown the position.  Bravo, that's some Rumlin-like recruiting.

Frankly, the last year has shown that having CBs is totally overrated in the SEC.

• Like 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I will give them credit ($$) for Leal. He looks like a monster. He will be a beast for them. 

Leal looked like a total stud this week, and I think there was an overcorrection after his senior season. The people who said last year that he would end up the number one prospect in the state were right.

Green held up better than expected at tackle, and even though everyone believes he's IOL, I'm sure he'll be fine playing outside in college.

Spiller and Wright will probably receive bumps as well.

Didn't hear much on the others.

1 minute ago, Leanderman said:

Talked to one of the maroon kool aid drinkers last night. He said all those holes will be filled by incoming freshmen and the gomers will actually be better than last year, because these are dumbos recruits and he knows talent.

There's no denying that they are bringing in some talent this year. The way their 2019 schedule breaks down, I'm not sure there was theoretically enough talent out there to get them past 9 wins in the regular season, and even hitting 9 is pretty optimistic. They are a threat for impressive win totals in 2020 and 2021, before they have any tough OOC games or SEC-E opponents on the slate again. By 2022, culture rot and the schedule they face will likely get them back down to 2019 levels. Jimbo (may his Gator Bowl wins and previous championship be praised) will already be a folk hero at that point, though, and hard to fire.

13 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

There's no denying that they are bringing in some talent this year. The way their 2019 schedule breaks down, I'm not sure there was theoretically enough talent out there to get them past 9 wins in the regular season, and even hitting 9 is pretty optimistic. They are a threat for impressive win totals in 2020 and 2021, before they have any tough OOC games or SEC-E opponents on the slate again. By 2022, culture rot and the schedule they face will likely get them back down to 2019 levels. Jimbo (may his Gator Bowl wins and previous championship be praised) will already be a folk hero at that point, though, and hard to fire.

@Clemson week 2, Bama and then @Georgia @LSU to end the season, unless Mond takes a huge leap and they fine a couple grad transfers in the front 7 on D, 8 wins is pretty optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

@Clemson week 2, Bama and then @Georgia @LSU to end the season, unless Mond takes a huge leap and they fine a couple grad transfers in the front 7 on D, 8 wins is pretty optimistic. 

Agreed. I have opined and continue to think that I think 8 is their reasonable ceiling, but that the floor is not too much lower.

edit: there is an outside chance that with the talent they turn over they shot the bed, however.

Edited by Magus Ossis

43 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Leal looked like a total stud this week, and I think there was an overcorrection after his senior season. The people who said last year that he would end up the number one prospect in the state were right.

Leal had a mid season hudl released that looked pretty average, and then his final one looked great again. Shrugs. 

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

But they don't care about us. How is this possible?

I think it is stupid for either fan base to try and convince themselves that they dont care about the other. We had a thousand page thread on shaggy devoted to aggy FFS.  The difference is WHY we care. For us, it is schaudenfraude and laughter at delusion. For them, it is envy and little man syndrome.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think it is stupid for either fan base to try and convince themselves that they dont care about the other. We had a thousand page thread on shaggy devoted to aggy FFS.  The difference is WHY we care. For us, it is schaudenfraude and laughter at delusion. For them, it is envy and little man syndrome.

Exactly. We have it for a totally different reason. They're more of an annoyance that we can laugh at from a distance. They, however, create thread after thread to devote their precious time to us, whereas we have one thread  to check in and make fun of them. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I love aggy jokes and blond jokes and all kinds of good jokes. And even some bad ones. Not many jokes write themselves while trying to buy off players who might have considered playing at UT, though, so aggy gets more of my attention than the average limerick.