Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's amazing how much they care about a minute difference in some subjective ranking. As if finishing 0.47 imaginary points ahead or behind is going to make one fucking bit of difference in anything that matters. Aggy is a bottomless pit of irrationality. 

Desperation knows no bounds.

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's amazing how much they care about a minute difference in some subjective ranking. As if finishing 0.47 imaginary points ahead or behind is going to make one fucking bit of difference in anything that matters. Aggy is a bottomless pit of irrationality. 

Exactly.  They must think recruits give a shit if a school finishes 4th or 6th in the recruiting rankings when deciding where they want to go.

Edited by Focht Up
spelling

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

the cuckbearer PROMISED.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kill Switch said:

The Ags have some great players committed and frankly I wish we head their DTs.  And maybe a couple of their linemen.  But here is how I rank things.  

QB - Texas by a wide margin.

RB - Push, neither team did very well here, if Whittington turns out to be our answer at RB then Texas by a land slide.

WR - Texas beats them but not by much we got some great players but so did they.  

Oline - aggsy by a big margin, this could change by the end of signing day 2, but for now I'm calling it for them.

TE - Aggsy, again but not by much, they got a great one but so did Texas.

DE - Texas and by a good margin, we got immediate help and we got some long term guys.

DT - aggsy by a large margin, Leal is a beast and I'm just happy we don't have to face him.

LB - Texas by a large margin an I mean reallylarge.  

CB - I'm not sure, they got a great one and a good one we got a couple of really good ones also.  I'd say push.

S - Push, I like their safeties and I love our safeties so I'm happy, and they are happy.

Texas class is better at QB, WR, DE, and LB.  Their class is better at Oline, TE, DT.  Tie at RB, CB, and S.  

In my estimation, Texas should be ranked higher, but not by much.  It's funny, they should be happy with their class just like I would be even if they were still ahead.  Damn, they just can't be happy unless we are down.  That is where their true happiness lies, not in being good, but us being bad.

QB- Texas, medium margin

RB- Texas, I'm including Whittington here, medium margin

WR- Texas, Whittington not included, still big margin

OL- Texas, for now, assuming Shepherd sticks, small margin. If Shepherd flips, then A&M with a small margin

TE- A&M, these are two of the best TE classes in the nation, small margin

DL- A&M, even without Mowry and Ellison, they have Leal enrolling early, small margin 

LB- Texas, big margin

DB- Texas, this would be bigger with a quality nickel prospect added, medium margin

Texas has the better class except for at TE and DL, and possibly OL depending on Shepherd

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

QB- Texas, medium margin

RB- Texas, I'm including Whittington here, medium margin

WR- Texas, Whittington not included, still big margin

OL- Texas, for now, assuming Shepherd sticks, small margin. If Shepherd flips, then A&M with a small margin

TE- A&M, these are two of the best TE classes in the nation, small margin

DL- A&M, even without Mowry and Ellison, they have Leal enrolling early, small margin 

LB- Texas, big margin

DB- Texas, this would be bigger with a quality nickel prospect added, medium margin

Texas has the better class except for at TE and DL, and possibly OL depending on Shepherd

Stupid sip, the Calzone is going to be the best Italian quarterback since Vinny Testaverde. 

1 hour ago, Focht Up said:

Exactly.  They must think recruits give a shit if a school finishes 4th or 6th in the recruiting rankings when deciding where they want to go.

This is the kind of crap they post about, tweet at kids, and out in their recruiting slide presentations.These are the “victories” they crow about because they’re the only ones they have. They damned sure do care.

Remember WRTS? They’re fucking morons. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This is the kind of crap they post about, tweet at kids, and out in their recruiting slide presentations.These are the “victories” they crow about because they’re the only ones they have. They damned sure do care.

Remember WRTS? They’re fucking morons. 

Does Mack’s family still own that? Funny that Looch and them have been retweeting some no name NFL analyst (aggy ties) about Mack getting a ton of interest at the senior bowl. He’s now projected to be a 4th or 5th round pick, while Omenahu is getting some first round interest from some teams.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Texas kids are all of the sudden SEC good?  I could of swore recently they were all saying Texas kids are soft and they can't win the SEC with them and need kids from Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, ect.

That's what confuses me. We clean up in Texas and they're not SEC good, but when they do it they're magically SEC good. Hmm. 

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Texas kids are all of the sudden SEC good?  I could of swore recently they were all saying Texas kids are soft and they can't win the SEC with them and need kids from Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, ect.

Yup. I remember them saying they needed more Florida and Georgia kids, and less Texas kids because they weren’t SEC ready. They basically called out Texas programs and the 7 on 7 movement. All the sudden this years Texas kids are good enough for them.

Wait, wait, wait... earlier this week, Texas was the negative recruiting devil because our QB and a celebrity alum cracked a few jokes, but now Jimbo is going to give a stump speech on the BOMC and it's all kosher?

Clearly the English language needs some cleaning up, because we now have definitive proof that consistency is not the hobgoblin of little minds.

An actual 5* might go play for Texas because he thinks the other guys are actual 5* players when they are actually 3* players that some random ranking guys have inflated into 5* players and that will make them better and us worse because that actual 5* player probably would've come here (who am I kidding, of course he would have) and then we'd be better, but of course some of those fake 5* players they have aren't from Texas so they don't actually count but we all know that kids pick where they play college ball by looking at recruiting rankings and "why should I go to #4 when I can play for #3, huh?. Splain that." How can you idiots not see that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

This begs the obvious question: were Texas' recruits underrated or Georgia's overrated?  Or is Tom Herman just that much better of a coach than Kirby Smart?

Come on. Looch explained this after Georgia lost. Georgia isn’t an SEC west team. That’s a big difference.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

This begs the obvious question: were Texas' recruits underrated or Georgia's overrated?  Or is Tom Herman just that much better of a coach than Kirby Smart?

The only thing this begs is around the clock supervision and tighter enrollment requirements.

Not you sushi, lol.

Edited by Wishbone

42 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It also begs the question of when aggy was signing on average the 12th best class under Sumlin, which included 9-5 star players, were those inflated ratings by 247?

4 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

they really don't "remember" that Herman's Houston team beat jimbo's FSU team???

I really shouldn't be surprised, aggy only knows aggy football

Some people are terrible at telling who is a troll on texags. There are 3 or 4 on that thread. If they have an ag tag and do it they are texag morons. No ag tag and you need to pay attention to how it is being presented.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's the "Jimbo would coach loops around Herman if they ever played" piece that happily forgot the Peach Bowl. It was posted around here somewhere.

Tom Herman whipped Jimbo with far inferior talent at UH.  Houston's recruiting classes they fielded in the bowl game were ranked #89, #75, #56 and #57 by 247.

Jimbo's FSU squad was packed with talent from the #3, #4, #11 and #4 ranked classes.  Even when Jimbo Baggins had top 5 talent and Herman had top 70 talent, The Hobbit couldn't win.  What makes anyone think he would suddenly be the better coach when Herman has equal or greater talent?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Tom Herman whipped Jimbo with far inferior talent at UH.  Houston's recruiting classes they fielded in the bowl game were ranked #89, #75, #56 and #57 by 247.

Jimbo's FSU squad was packed with talent from the #3, #4, #11 and #4 ranked classes.  Even when Jimbo Baggins had top 5 talent and Herman had top 70 talent, The Hobbit couldn't win.  What makes anyone think he would suddenly be the better coach when Herman has equal or greater talent?

Delusion is rarely based on immutable facts.  

I know every fanbase has it's idiots but the Aggies definitely seem to have more of them.  

No one knows how Herman or Jimbo will do long term.  However, there are enough data points to suggest that Jimbo requires a significant talent differential in order to be successful and that no matter how well he recruits, he's unlikely to have that talent differential when Alabama, LSU and Georgia are in his conference.  

There's also enough evidence to suggest that Herman is a good coach even without a large talent disparity that likely translates into even greater success when you start to get a healthy flow of talent in.  

By any measure, both teams had great recruiting classes.  I think Herman's recent history argues that he's a better judge of under the radar talent but either way, Aggy had a good class.  I just don't think it'll be enough to overcome Fisher's history of poor offensive line development, his antiquated offensive philosophy, and the general suckitude that is Aggy..

Still, it's cute that they are so focused on Herman and big brother that they can't see this.  It'll make the inevitable tears even sweeter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

They honestly think if a HS lineman isn’t 300 lbs +, then he sucks. It’s pure idiocy. 

But it's an SEC-wide idiocy.  Think about how big and intimidating that Georgia O-Line appeared.  You remember that same OL that couldn't even get 80 yds on the ground?  Look at how many 320-330 lb OL LSU has.  Then look at the huge number of sacks and TFLs they surrendered.

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

But it's an SEC-wide idiocy.  Think about how big and intimidating that Georgia O-Line appeared.  You remember that same OL that couldn't even get 80 yds on the ground?  Look at how many 320-330 lb OL LSU has.  Then look at the huge number of sacks and TFLs they surrendered.

It still will not register when the LSU offense gets shut down by Orlando and our "shitty" Big 12 DL.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

They honestly think if a HS lineman isn’t 300 lbs +, then he sucks. It’s pure idiocy. 

Sadly it’s not just aggys that think that way - look how long Kardell Thomas was ranked as the best OG in the country. That poor kid couldn’t even tie his own shoelaces, but because he was ‘NFL size’ you had Fans and evaluators thinking he was a top prospect.

Fat is fat, and no 17 year old should be 350 pounds.

I love that Hand is looking for athletes on the OL and that he covets versatile guys who can play anywhere along the line. Hookfin is the prototype for what a high school OL should look like - and exactly why we should be RS’ing them.

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Yep. Go look at LSU’s 2019 class. They have 4 guys over 325 committed and a 5th one on the way, including a 372 lb DT and a 360 lb OG. lulz.