Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So if we don’t get Lakia Henry, then I’m sure they’ll jump us with Williams and Shepard and be back to “owning” them sips.  Jimbo gets another 10 years and they give him another trophy with a blank date. 

THE RATINGS ARE A BUNCH OF BIASED BULLCRAP!!

oh wait we're ahead of t.u? well then the ratings are just and correct

• Like 1

Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

I be quaking if we had this OOC schedule.

08/31 - Texas State
09/14 - Lamar
11/02 - UTSA

Their OOC schedule is shameful and cowardly.  Keeps them bowl eligible though since they're .500 in conference I suppose.  That November weekend where they all play a high school team is a total scam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I mean, you're leaving out Clemson, which is kind of bullshit, when you consider our OOC schedule other than LSU is:

Rice and La. Tech.

Louisiana Tech is leaps and bounds better than any of the other 4 teams mentioned in that breath.

Which merely speaks to how awful Rice, UTSA, Texas St., and Lamar are. Sagarin ratings from this year:

#103 - Louisiana Tech
#169 - UTSA
#171 - Texas St.
#178 - Rice
#183 - Lamar

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Louisiana Tech is leaps and bounds better than any of the other 4 teams mentioned in that breath.

Which merely speaks to how awful Rice, UTSA, Texas St., and Lamar are. Sagarin ratings from this year:

#103 - Louisiana Tech
#169 - UTSA
#171 - Texas St.
#178 - Rice
#183 - Lamar

Rice is ranked 178th out of 130 Division I FBS programs. Damn.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
9 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I mean, you're leaving out Clemson, which is kind of bullshit, when you consider our OOC schedule other than LSU is:

Rice and La. Tech.

#103 - Louisiana Tech
#169 - UTSA
#171 - Texas St.
#178 - Rice
#183 - Lamar

That's all fine.  My only point is that we're no better than aggy if we start cherry picking their OOC schedule to make fun of them.

We'd be up in arms if they refused to acknowledge we played LSU next year and said our OOC schedule was only Rice and La. Tech.

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't be up in arms because I don't give a shit what any A&M fans are saying at any point in time. I usually scroll right past all the screenshots from their message boards and wait for y'all to pick out the highlights.

I was merely reinforcing how awful each OOC schedule is aside from the one big name.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Them adding Clemson was a recent development. They had four cupcakes for awhile there. I was glad to see them get a real team on that schedule.

Arkansas is even adding Notre Dame next season and then play us two years from now so maybe the SEC is starting to branch out a bit. That would be nice, the other conferences who have to always hear about how inferior they are deserve a few shots at them.

What aggy never mentions is how much worse the SEC West is now than a few years ago. Ole Miss has fallen apart, Miss St. lost Mullen and loses Fitzgerald this year. Arky is a dump and Auburn was bad this year and lost its QB. There are two good teams in the SEC West: Bama and LSU. And even LSU has Coach O at the helm so they’re not a sure thing.

once they get Georgia off the schedule in 2020, their in-conference and out of conference schedule becomes utterly pathetic. This excuse that conference play is so hard that they can’t schedule a real OOC team is moronic.

• Like 2

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

What aggy never mentions is how much worse the SEC West is now than a few years ago. Ole Miss has fallen apart, Miss St. lost Mullen and loses Fitzgerald this year. Arky is a dump and Auburn was bad this year and lost its QB. There are two good teams in the SEC West: Bama and LSU. And even LSU has Coach O at the helm so they’re not a sure thing.

once they get Georgia off the schedule in 2020, their in-conference and out of conference schedule becomes utterly pathetic. This excuse that conference play is so hard that they can’t schedule a real OOC team is moronic.

It's a down cycle in the SEC right now outside of the top 2-3 teams every year. It'll bounce back sometime soon. 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Them adding Clemson was a recent development. They had four cupcakes for awhile there. I was glad to see them get a real team on that schedule.

Arkansas is even adding Notre Dame next season and then play us two years from now so maybe the SEC is starting to branch out a bit. That would be nice, the other conferences who have to always hear about how inferior they are deserve a few shots at them.

They dropped Oregon for Clemson awhile ago because they thought the Oregon game would be too hard. Them scheduling a real OOC team was an accident. Their next P5 team is Colorado. lulz.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's a down cycle in the SEC right now outside of the top 2-3 teams every year. It'll bounce back sometime soon. 

Ole Miss, Miss St. and Arky are not regularly good teams. Both the Miss schools went through unusually good runs. The SEC W will return to just good, instead of stacked for the foreseeable future. I’m also still not sure that Coach O won’t run that thing into the ground once Aranda leaves.

when you get 3 easy in-conference game sun your division plus at least one easy SEC east team, if not two, that schedule becomes Baylor-level easy. Them crowing about a tough schedule is moronic.

Edited by Burt Macklin

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

They dropped Oregon for Clemson awhile ago because they thought the Oregon game would be too hard. Them scheduling a real OOC team was an accident. Their next P5 team is Colorado. lulz.

I guarantee they didn't know UAB would jump up and be a decent team as of last year either.  But of course Colorado is the juggernaut that caused the Big XII to be so terrible after their departure.

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's always a down cycle in the SEC outside 2-3 teams. Alabama has claimed of those 3 spots, the other 2 rotate between LSU, Florida, Georgia, and Auburn.

Just now, Scholz said:

I guarantee they didn't know UAB would jump up and be a decent team as of last year either.  But of course Colorado is the juggernaut that caused the Big XII to be so terrible after their departure.

Yep. aggy 2020 schedule:

ACU, UNT, Colorado, Arky, Fresno State, Bama, Aub, SCar, LSU, Ole Miss, Vandy.

That’s an absurdly easy schedule. A complete and total joke. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

They also have Miami and Notre Dame coming up. Those are nice safe OOC opponents, a lot more hat than cattle. Miami hasn't been relevant nationally in 15 years. Notre Dame has one0 good run once every five years before they get exposed in a BCS title game/playoff bowl, otherwise they're probably starting a bunch of slow Pollacks and going 9-4.

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

They also have Miami and Notre Dame coming up. Those are nice safe OOC opponents, a lot more hat than cattle. Miami hasn't been relevant nationally in 15 years. Notre Dame has one0 good run once every five years before they get exposed in a BCS title game/playoff bowl, otherwise they're probably starting a bunch of slow Pollacks and going 9-4.

Eh, that's good, fun scheduling, no complaints there. It's the three cupcakes that make it dumb.

16 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Arkansas has to play us because they backed out of the last game of our home and home several years ago. 

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

Miami (assuming Diaz is competent) and Notre Dame are quality opponents, don't kid yourself.

Their 2020 schedule does set up for a double-digit win season, though.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Miami (assuming Diaz is competent) and Notre Dame are quality opponents, don't kid yourself.

I am not kidding myself. Other than Michigan, it's hard to think of two programs whose reputations are more vestigial than Miami and Notre Dame. 

e-- I would like playing all three of those, to be clear, but they're generally paper tigers.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

34 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The East was better top to bottom than the West this year.

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I am not kidding myself. Other than Michigan, it's hard to think of two programs whose reputations are more vestigial than Miami and Notre Dame. 

e-- I would like playing all three of those, to be clear, but they're generally paper tigers.

You're being willfully obtuse, or you're huffing gasoline. Miami may not be the elite teams of the 80's and 90's, but they still recruit well and are a top 25 team with even competent coaching. Notre Dame is a team that has whipped our ass as recently as a few years ago, and just made a playoff appearance last year. They have played for a national title more recently than we have. And you're saying that they don't qualify as a quality OOC opponent? Dude, STFU. Even if you think they shouldn't have made the playoff last year, the conversation is talking about quality OOC opponents...stop being fucking absurd.