Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I grew up a Cowboys fan starting in the early 70's and making the playoff was never in question till the mid 80's. While they were good in the 70's and early 90's the question is one's mind was are they going to make the Super Bowl. They were innovative and had coaches that were respected till the shit show of Barry and then the long line of yes men for Jerry other than Parcels. No it is not overblown they are a shit show of mediocrity compared to what they had been prior to Jerry getting his feelings hurt. Poor ole Jerry had Jimmy and his staff giggle in the room when he walked in after the Super Bowl. For that Cowboy fans have paid since we have not been elite like we use to be and it is all due to Jerry's ego wanting to have yes men and wanting to play GM.

Cowboys Are Crap Under Jerry.png

the Jerry-only years have been the very definition of 9-7 and playoff loss.  We are the San Diego Chargers of the NFC.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:02 PM, Gucci_Suit said:

Saints is wrong. The fleur de lis is a cool image but their uniforms are like a  second rate college team. 

Seahawks, Bears & Dolphins are all better. 

Cowboys are the best, maybe in all of sports. 

Powder blue pants say no.

11 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I grew up a Cowboys fan starting in the early 70's and making the playoff was never in question till the mid 80's. While they were good in the 70's and early 90's the question is one's mind was are they going to make the Super Bowl. They were innovative and had coaches that were respected till the shit show of Barry and then the long line of yes men for Jerry other than Parcels. No it is not overblown they are a shit show of mediocrity compared to what they had been prior to Jerry getting his feelings hurt. Poor ole Jerry had Jimmy and his staff giggle in the room when he walked in after the Super Bowl. For that Cowboy fans have paid since we have not been elite like we use to be and it is all due to Jerry's ego wanting to have yes men and wanting to play GM.

Cowboys Are Crap Under Jerry.png

In the first 30 years of the NFL/NFC championship game, Dallas played in that game 16 times, winning 8 of them, leading to 5 Super Bowl titles.

Since 1996, nada. Only Detroit and Washington in the NFC haven’t played in the Championship game since Dallas last played. It’s the company we keep…and I doubt that changes this season.

stats are for losers. have you ever played football? did they have football for girls where you grew up? if you can’t look at dak and see an overpaid fraud who sucks at football I don’t know what to tell you. 
As opposed to Stafford who was a top draft pick and hasn't accomplished jack shit in this league? Not even one single division title. 0-3 in the playoffs. This is the guy so many said is the truth lol

12 hours ago, JWinTX said:

In the first 30 years of the NFL/NFC championship game, Dallas played in that game 16 times, winning 8 of them, leading to 5 Super Bowl titles.

Since 1996, nada. Only Detroit and Washington in the NFC haven’t played in the Championship game since Dallas last played. It’s the company we keep…and I doubt that changes this season.

Amazing isn't it?  Imagine going back to '96 and telling Cowboy fans that they'd have 4 playoff wins over the next 25 years.  You'd probably get your ass kicked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

As opposed to Stafford who was a top draft pick and hasn't accomplished jack shit in this league? Not even one single division title. 0-3 in the playoffs. This is the guy so many said is the truth lol

detroit. swap teams for them and tell me what it looks like. dak is out of the league. don’t be fatuous, vic. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, futureman said:
stats are for losers. have you ever played football? did they have football for girls where you grew up? if you can’t look at dak and see an overpaid fraud who sucks at football I don’t know what to tell you. 

Lol I know you’re just defending Dak’s honor, but Dak and Stafford have had very similar years. They’re in the same tier. One is younger than the other and isn’t as injury prone, but when healthy, they’re in the exact same tier 

On 1/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol I know you’re just defending Dak’s honor, but Dak and Stafford have had very similar years. They’re in the same tier. One is younger than the other and isn’t as injury prone, but when healthy, they’re in the exact same tier 

Maybe, but Dak is a good 5 years younger and at least has a Playoff win.  I'd be willing to bet the Rams would be in better shape with Dak, but I know that's just me.

23 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think I heard the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991. Guess it could be worse. 

Isn't that Detroit? Or maybe it's both of them?

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

Maybe, but Dak is a good 5 years younger and at least has a Playoff win.  I'd be willing to bet the Rams would be in better shape with Dak, but I know that's just me.

Isn't that Detroit? Or maybe it's both of them?

The Bengals last playoff win was in January of 1991 when the beat the Oilers in the second round.  That was also the year the Lions last won a playoff game when they beat the Cowboys in the second round as well.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, futureman said:

detroit. swap teams for them and tell me what it looks like. dak is out of the league. don’t be fatuous, vic. 

And yet he comes to a team who went all in. Was a Super Bowl team just a few years ago and a great situation. Still finishes behind Dak in seeding for the playoffs. 

He played with Megatron and other talent in Detroit. Don't pretend he had no talent there. They were in the playoffs just as often as Dallas was in those days. He choked big time against Dallas in 2014 playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Good.  Don't settle for another 5 years of this. I am one who does not think McCarthy sucks worse than every coach around. I think he does help the team overall, even if he's questionable on game day(and even then I think it's a bit overblown).

But they lose Quinn, and even Moore and lose embarrassingly, they need to move on.

Moore is another Jerry pet like Garrett who has proven about as much at this point. I certainly wouldn't mind losing McCarthy, but it would mostly be another failed experiment the Cowboys would be stuck with for another several years. Moore hasn't proven to be any more situationally adept as an OC. Jerry gonna Jerry.

Edited by DougO

35 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah he’s 100% going to take that job 

As he should. People were fooling themselves into thinking he would stay here as DC if he was offered a HC position. His goal has always been to get back to become a HC after it ended in Atlanta. This was always a temporary stop.

As he should. People were fooling themselves into thinking he would stay here as DC if he was offered a HC position. His goal has always been to get back to become a HC after it ended in Atlanta. This was always a temporary stop.

Unless Jerry runs McCarthy and keeps Quinn.

Jerry’s mortality is haunting him. He desperately wants to win one more.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Trey3216 said:

Pittsburgh is absolutely the worst team in the AFC playoffs.  NE is miles better than them.   TB, AZ, and GB all had losses that mirrored or were worse than Dallas' losses.  

On 1/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, Porterhouse said:

NE is worse than Raiders or Steelers?  Lol. The fuck outta here. They will probably beat Buffalo and give KC a run for their money. 

So… did Buffalo just put on the greatest playoff performance in the history of playoff performances, are they the best team in the league, or was NE just dead heading into the playoffs as one of if not the worst team in the entire playoff? Because I’ve never seen an ass beating like that in the playoffs. Ever 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So… did Buffalo just put on the greatest playoff performance in the history of playoff performances, are they the best team in the league, or was NE just dead heading into the playoffs as one of if not the worst team in the entire playoff? Because I’ve never seen an ass beating like that in the playoffs. Ever 

Really? Because I recall Buffalo being on the other end of an even bigger ass beating in an even bigger playoff game 30 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Burt said:

Really? Because I recall Buffalo being on the other end of an even bigger ass beating in an even bigger playoff game 30 years ago.

I’m 30. I do not recall seeing that one. Plus, the only time buffalo’s special teams factored into the game was when they were kicking off. To never punt or kick a fg and have every drive end in a td or the end of a half… that’s a next level ass kicking 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve seen 3 or 4 bigger ass beatings in the Superb Owl, so not the most impressive win ever (by a long shot)   They were pretty damn impressive and efficient last night though.   Doesn’t mean that Pitt still isn’t the worst team in the playoffs (they are).   

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’ve seen 3 or 4 bigger ass beatings in the Superb Owl, so not the most impressive win ever (by a long shot)   They were pretty damn impressive and efficient last night though.   Doesn’t mean that Pitt still isn’t the worst team in the playoffs (they are).   

Mac Jones  = Case Keenum. Neither guy is bad but neither guy really does anything well. And they aren't going to be able to keep up in high scoring games. 

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Mac Jones  = Case Keenum. Neither guy is bad but neither guy really does anything well. And they aren't going to be able to keep up in high scoring games. 

I think Mac Jones has a higher ceiling than he showed this year but he hit the rookie wall. And bellicheck squeezed every bit of juice out of that team that wasn’t very talented at all. Lost 4 of their last 5 games and limped into the playoffs as a bad team.