The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

On 8/31/2018 at 3:38 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 8/31/2018 at 3:34 PM, TwiceHorn said:
Nah, 18k/SS Datejust Jubilee.  I know some rich thought- and taste-less mofos that have no interest in watches and that is their huckleberry.  The only Day Date I can think of is platinum and I think he gave it some thought.  The all gold Day Date is a boomer watch.

Jubilee is for old folks. Screams grandpa to me.

My dad has one.  He's an old folks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tap said:
6 hours ago, jofus said:

I'll never understand why people ruin watches with lugs like that.

Ditto,  Looks very very cheap, like a piece of solder wire

16 hours ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

Posted several weeks back about some watches I was looking at - PP Nautilus, Rolex Gold Sub etc.

Didn’t go in any of those directions. Pulled the trigger on this one today out of the boutique in San Diego. Should be here early next week.

96bd793e0d5a63e695f345399fa17f1d.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My man.

I am seriously considering selling all my other watches because I wear my Overseas every day.

My man.

I am seriously considering selling all my other watches because I wear my Overseas every day.

I may end up in the same place. I have a low end hublot and a GP that I rarely wear anymore. Love the 3 straps (SS, rubber and gator) that come with the latest Overseas so it gives a lot of different looks.

1 minute ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

I may end up in the same place. I have a low end hublot and a GP that I rarely wear anymore. Love the 3 straps (SS, rubber and gator) that come with the latest Overseas so it gives a lot of different looks.

I wore the SS almost exclusively for a long time, but I use the rubber a lot on the weekends now. Makes it a whole different watch.

• Like 1

Have a citizen watch. Mfer is all jacked. H145. Band pin broke so it sat in the dark for months. Pin ha been replaced and watch is functioning. But the pos keeps resetting to a time and date that isnt correct. Tried reset but still keeps resorting to a fucked up date and time.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RowdyVic said:

Have a citizen watch. Mfer is all jacked. H145. Band pin broke so it sat in the dark for months. Pin ha been replaced and watch is functioning. But the pos keeps resetting to a time and date that isnt correct. Tried reset but still keeps resorting to a fucked up date and time.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

May I suggest ...... a hammer ?

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, jofus said:

Pretty good discount on this Stowa Marine Classic:

https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+Klassik+40+weiss+matt.htm

Pretty sure that’s normal price for the 40mm stainless version.  I have that watch and it’s great even if it’s not on sale.  Not sure I’d go matte on a kind of dressy watch anyway.  

Got the Overseas today. Have it on the rubber strap for now but also looks great on the bracelet. Awesome fucking watch.

1216ad82856d4a23b9e46b028355df35.jpg

I was blown away by the Overseas when I tried one on. Right now it's 3rd on my want list behind the Nautilus and Aquanaut, but I haven't had a chance to try those on. Still a ways to go before I get any of the three though.

6 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:
8 hours ago, Tailgate said:
Always had a large wrist and a lot of watches look too small. Pulling the trigger on the 2018 Deep Sea this week that has the wider band and new movement. Will be my first Rolex.

1ef0ab8b397c650fae774968092b93b6.jp2

Read more  

That's fucking nice. Congrats!

Thanks...looked at it a couple years ago and felt the band was too small...was happy to see they enlarged it this year. 

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Thanks...looked at it a couple years ago and felt the band was too small...was happy to see they enlarged it this year. 

My wrist isn’t quite big enough for the Deep Sea, but I love the watch. So much that the 40mm Sea Dweller with that exact ceramic bezel and non-zoom date is my most days wearer.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 6:56 AM, cabowabo said:

I would be interested in knowing who actually makes that decision.  There is plenty of room on the caseback for all that useless information. 

I believe a lot of the script is very detailed in order to make it more difficult for counterfeiters to make their crap look the same as original

On 10/9/2018 at 8:15 AM, VolenteHawk said:

My wrist isn’t quite big enough for the Deep Sea, but I love the watch. So much that the 40mm Sea Dweller with that exact ceramic bezel and non-zoom date is my most days wearer.

The 116600 is the reason I havent spent any real $$$ on others. That, for me, is the one. 

How much was the service for the old Rolex?  I just took my President in and got a shock.  I had never had it serviced in 15 years and it just stopped running one day.  Apparently, I should have had it cleaned and serviced every 3 years.  The quote is $1,400 to get it going again.