This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

10 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Exactly.  Anytime someone says a coach needs x years to set up his system---I know they're FOS.

Winning should be the ONLY thing that matters. 

Dykes inherited some great pieces for his 1st year. They should not have fired Patterson, that program will decline - leading to my second point.

If we had hired Dykes as the HC, you complaining lot would’ve thrown the biggest tantrum this site has ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Winning should be the ONLY thing that matters. 

That’s what Briles and Baylor thought. Texas doesn’t have to go full on “win at all costs” to be nationally relevant and successful in football. Also, turning a program around and making it to the championship game in a single year is definitely the exception, not the rule. 

Just now, Whitewater Horn said:

That’s what Briles and Baylor thought. Texas doesn’t have to go full on “win at all costs” to be nationally relevant and successful in football. Also, turning a program around and making it to the championship game in a single year is definitely the exception, not the rule. 

Hmm.  Great take hot cakes.  So if we make winning THE priority, we're automatically rapists.  Good call. 

And actually, for Texas to be nationally relevant and successful means WINNING. No one gives a shit about Texas right now.

2 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Texas should go win at all cost so long as no laws are broken or Penn State/Baylor situations...but as far as NCAA rules, lmao they don't matter and worst you get is a slap on the wrist.

We've only been relevant nationally 2000-2009 since Akers.

So yes we need to do whatever it takes as long as the above three situations aren't met.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

So what point are we making with Dykes? The guy who had won more than 8 games twice in his 13 year career before this year? Because if the point is coaches can evolve, get better and be evaluated by better talent then I don’t think people they are making the point they think they are.

For every Sonny Dykes this year, there are 20 other first year coaches who did absolutely nothing. He’s the outlier this year, not the norm. We will see if he can sustain it. Half this board was fondling Dave Aranda and Sam Pittman’s balls at this time last year.

Chase the peak. What could go wrong?

35 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Dykes inherited some great pieces for his 1st year. They should not have fired Patterson, that program will decline - leading to my second point.

If we had hired Dykes as the HC, you complaining lot would’ve thrown the biggest tantrum this site has ever seen. 

So what? Sonny Dykes just did something that Sark isn’t likely to ever do at Texas. Lead his team to the NCG.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So what point are we making with Dykes? The guy who had won more than 8 games twice in his 13 year career before this year? Because if the point is coaches can evolve, get better and be evaluated by better talent then I don’t think people they are making the point they think they are.

For every Sonny Dykes this year, there are 20 other first year coaches who did absolutely nothing. He’s the outlier this year, not the norm. We will see if he can sustain it. Half this board was fondling Dave Aranda and Sam Pittman’s balls at this time last year.

I wouldn’t have hired Dykes because he had never done a fucking thing before this season. 

Which, incidentally, also applies to Steve Sarkisian.

Dykes sucks, Sark sucks worse.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I wouldn’t have hired Dykes because he had never done a fucking thing before this season. 

Which, incidentally, also applies to Steve Sarkisian.

Fair enough. My comment was more a Dykes comment than a defense of Sarkisian.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think the point is currently Dykes is better than Sark but I don't think either should have/be hired here.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dykes had an incredible season and will basically be as good as his coordinators. I say coordinators because Sark needs one! An OC. A main play caller. He cannot be all three things and get to the level we want. You can’t be HC, QB whisperer and main OC. It has rarely worked. Hire a damn OC Sark. For fuck’s sake. And no he couldn’t have done what Dykes just did at TCU for that reason and he can’t scheme with what he has on hand. Has to be his guys. Dykes would have loved to have a world class RB tandem like Rojo and Bijan. We didn’t use them correctly and that’s on Sark. Worthy should have been benched at the Alamo Bowl. That’s on Satk. That wasted TO is on Sark. Dykes could have schemed with what we have here using GARRETT FUCKING RILEY! we had to put our hopes in Kansas to try and beat KState and didn’t even make it the B12 CCG. Which we seldom do…

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think the point is currently Dykes is better than Sark but I don't think either should have/be hired here.

That’s fair but aren’t you someone who keeps saying “let the AD run a true process”? It appeared he tried to and wanted to hire someone you don’t think should have been hired here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Dykes had an incredible season and will basically be as good as his coordinators. I say coordinators because Sark needs one! An OC. A main play caller. He cannot be all three things and get to the level we want. You can’t be HC, QB whisperer and main OC. It has rarely worked. Hire a damn OC Sark. For fuck’s sake. And no he couldn’t have done what Dykes just did at TCU for that reason and he can’t scheme with what he has on hand. Has to be his guys. Dykes would have loved to have a world class RB random like Rojo and Bijan. We didn’t use them correctly and that’s on Sark. Worthy should have been benched at the Alamo Bowl. That’s on Satk. That wasted TO is on Sark. Dykes could have schemed with what we have here using GARRETT FUCKING RILEY! we had to put our hopes in Kansas to try and beat KState and didn’t even win the B12. 

Fuck yeah, you go girl! Speaking truth

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

When will we ever catch lightning in a bottle? All we ever do is turn our noses at other programs accomplishing what we haven't in a long time. Who cares about next year. Sonny is in a national championship game this year. Of course next year could be a letdown seeing they will have a lot of turnover and schools like TCU aren't going to just reload with 5 stars. But what he did this year was amazing, 100x better than our loser coaches we keep going through since Mack. All these excuses that keep getting made for them

This. Give me a NC appearance next year and I’ll take my chances after that. Yes, we all want to build into the next bama or Georgia but is that likely? That said he was lucky as fuck going 6-1 in one score games and winning a few of those the way they did. 

29 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Which were the realistic options? Or, maybe more agreeably, the backup choices?

No Undead Tom Landry?

UT had a Tom Landry-like coach. His name was John Mackovic and his six years here are years I cannot get back sadly.

44 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Dykes had an incredible season and will basically be as good as his coordinators. I say coordinators because Sark needs one! An OC. A main play caller. He cannot be all three things and get to the level we want. You can’t be HC, QB whisperer and main OC. It has rarely worked. Hire a damn OC Sark. For fuck’s sake. And no he couldn’t have done what Dykes just did at TCU for that reason and he can’t scheme with what he has on hand. Has to be his guys. Dykes would have loved to have a world class RB random like Rojo and Bijan. We didn’t use them correctly and that’s on Sark. Worthy should have been benched at the Alamo Bowl. That’s on Satk. That wasted TO is on Sark. Dykes could have schemed with what we have here using GARRETT FUCKING RILEY! we had to put our hopes in Kansas to try and beat KState and didn’t even win the B12. 

I would take every person on that offense over ours except Bijan, Rojo, Jatavion, and Banks. And both RB’s they have aren’t that bad. Experience matters, every contributor is at least a junior except Jordan Hudson and he’s a 5 star. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I would take every person on that offense over ours except Bijan, Rojo, Jatavion, and Banks. And both RB’s they have aren’t that bad. Experience matters, every contributor is at least a junior except Jordan Hudson and he’s a 5 star. 

Coolcoolcool. Keep the good candy. Leave the rest. Lol…I bet Halloweens were fun if you had siblings.

Edited by Nicole44

7 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Def taking Sanders over Wiley. And Kelvin Banks, that kid is gonna be special. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Coolcoolcool. Keep the good candy. Leave the rest. Lol…I bet Halloweens were fun if you had siblings.

Your op made it seem like Dykes had nothing to work with while Sark had unlimited riches everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2