Cowboys Vs Patriots Game chat

Sgt Hulk

We have had mental midgets at the HC and GM position. Plain and simple. We’ve had some good hits in the draft and major whiffs. One solid consistent thing: Bill Belichick can out coach our coach. It’s been proven. Last win was 2006 over a Bradyless Pats team? Last time we scored a TD against the Pats in the first quarter before today was 2011. Jeezus. Guy has our number ref fuckery aside. We hire idiots for HCs and have an idiot for a GM. Not hard to figure the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SomeoneYouKnow said:

Can someone explain why that was 4th down? The penalty occurred on 2nd, so then that 24 ye pass should have been after replaying 2nd down. Then it should have been 3rd and 1 instead of 4th and 1

I need this explained to me as well. But no one was arguing it so I'm guessing it was good? 

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow said:

Can someone explain why that was 4th down? The penalty occurred on 2nd, so then that 24 ye pass should have been after replaying 2nd down. Then it should have been 3rd and 1 instead of 4th and 1

On 2nd down there was a holding call (would have been 2nd and 20) or a dead ball unsportsmanlike penalty (would have been 3rd and 25). They obviously took the one that gave the Cowboys 3rd and 25.  Throw to CD gets 24 on 3rd and 25...hence 4th and 1.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow said:

I'm confused as well. Since they took the dead ball penalty was the down counted?