Fat Gary? He gone.

Pancho

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

This GP to Texas as DC is some really masturbatory fan fic.  

Kelsey Patterson is from Fort Worth but graduated from the University of Texas.  She also used to work in DeLoss Dodds' office.  The word in the DFW media is that GP is pissed off at TCU.  He may not want to be our DC - and the gumption to shitcan PK is likely lacking - but your dismissive ignorance of the surrounding zeitgeist is staggering.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/10/27/list-of-football-coaches-fired-after-playing-kansas-state/

List of Football Coaches Fired After Playing Kansas State

Add to this list the past 2 weeks victims:

FRANK SOLICH

Frank Solich coached the Nebraska Cornhuskers from 1998 to 2003. During those years, either Nebraska, Colorado, or Kansas State won the Big 12 North. K-State won it three times, Colorado twice, and Nebraska once. From 1992 to 1997, Nebraska won the Big 8 championship or the Big 12 North every year. In 1998, K-State won the Big 12 North. In six seasons of coaching against Frank Solich, Bill Snyder had a 4-2 record against those Nebraska teams. When K-State kept Nebraska out of the Big 12 Championship game in 2003 by beating Nebraska 38-9 in Lincoln, it was the last straw for Nebraska fans and the administration. Solich was fired on November 30, 2003, two weeks after losing to K-State at home. Even a victory against Colorado in the last game of the 2003 season was not enough to save Solich’s job.

PAUL RHOADES

Iowa State coach Paul Rhoades was fired the morning after losing to K-State on November 21, 2015. Iowa State had a 35-14 lead at halftime and had a 35-28 lead with 91 seconds remaining in the game, and somehow, K-State still managed to win 38-35 in regulation. It was a crazy game and the ending was badly mismanaged by Iowa State. It took no time at all for the Iowa State administration to decide to move on from Rhoades.

TERRY ALLEN

Terry Allen coached the Kansas Jayhawks from 1997 to 2001. In those five years, he went winless against K-State and lost by an average score of 49 to 10. The 40-6 loss to the Wildcats on October 27, 2001, was most likely the catalyst to him getting fired even though he lasted another week, losing 51-7 to number two ranked Nebraska before being fired the next day.

KLIFF KINGSBURY

Kingsbury was fired on November 25, 2018, eight days after losing to K-State 21 to 6 in Manhattan. Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt made these comments following the K-State game: “We’ve talked on this show about our expectations and where we aspire to be and wanting to be relevant. But you are what your record says you are, and we’re not where we expect to be. You know, football is the ultimate team sport. You have 11 men on the field and you’re only going to be as successful as each individual executes their responsibility. Unfortunately, we just seem to continue to have lapses in focus, lack of discipline at certain times. Those mistakes, those penalties continue to affect us and the success we’re not experiencing right now.” Kingsbury had a 1-5 record versus K-State in his six years in Lubbock. The 21-6 loss in 2018 was bad enough that the athletic director felt the need to make a public statement of displeasure with the program. A week later he was fired.

LARRY SMITH 

Larry Smith coached the Missouri Tigers for seven seasons from 1994 to 2000. He never beat the Kansas State Wildcats coached by Bill Snyder. The Tigers lost to the Wildcats 66-0 in 1999. Smith was fired immediately after a 28-24 loss to K-State in the final game of the 2000 season. Was his firing directly related to losing to K-State? Perhaps not, but his failure to beat K-State and Bill Snyder was a likely reason he was let go.

What can we surmise from all of this? If you are a coach in the Big 12 and want to keep your job, you had better not lose to Kansas State.

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

Kelsey Patterson is from Fort Worth but graduated from the University of Texas.  She also used to work in DeLoss Dodds' office.  The word in the DFW media is that GP is pissed off at TCU.  He may not want to be our DC - and the gumption to shitcan PK is likely lacking - but your dismissive ignorance of the surrounding zeitgeist is staggering.

So Patterson in Senior Analyst-Defense role at Texas for 2022 while he collects higher salary from Tcu just like Muschamp is doing at Jawja ??

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/staff/will-muschamp/113 

Maybe ??  

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Clever but i think you know what I mean and I think you know I'm right 

Nope.  Traylor is going to look straight up I-35 to Denton at another coach in his conference, who signed an extension and turned down better jobs in hopes that his dream job would open soon.  It didn't, and three years later, he's about to get fired for losing 20 out of his last 30 since that extension, and he looks like a dumbass.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cafe society said:

FamousOnlyBackswimmer-size_restricted.gi

You forgot that CDC and GP are buds, but B- for showing your work.

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Why did they fire him anyway?

Scuttle is that he had lost the team, boosters were bailing, and the Gary's act had grown stale with the AD.

Losing 2 in a row to SMU didn't help, but Gary's whining to the media for days afterwards about SMU was a bad look, even for him.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Knee jerk reaction from a college who was in over their heads and Gary was the only thing keeping them afloat.

This is not UT firing Mack Brown after a couple bad seasons (and more of recruiting).

This is a garbage can firing the only person willing to empty the trash.

Eh. I'd like to believe you but they can do better. Look at SMU. Gary needed to go. Winning in DFW as a "P5" isn't that hard. 

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Nope.  Traylor is going to look straight up I-35 to Denton at another coach in his conference, who signed an extension and turned down better jobs in hopes that his dream job would open soon.  It didn't, and three years later, he's about to get fired for losing 20 out of his last 30 since that extension, and he looks like a dumbass.  

You must be a blast at parties.  

Some people are just good people.  Traylor is one of them. And a hell of a coach.  At least a couple schools in the UT system are winning 

• Hook 'Em 2

Here's a ridiculous scenario. Let's pull a 1993 Houston Oilers.

Bring in fat pat as DC and Art Briles as OC.

Then we can watch them fight on the sidelines like Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride and Sark can just stand around like Jack Pardee, fucking clueless not knowing what to do

Edited by redswingline
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gary’s act had grown tired with many alums.  He might be the best coach TCU has had in a while (or ever) but a change was needed for both . 

Funny how human nature works. Fucker could have cashed checks for couple mil a year as long as he wanted to if he was willing to be just a little less knucklehead.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

Here is a ridiculous but entertaining scenario

Then we can watch them fight on the sidelines like Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride and Sark can just stand around like Jack Pardee, fucking clueless not knowing what to do

Some would say we already have that last part

26 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Your post is arbitrary and capricious.

• Haha 2

Here is a ridiculous but entertaining scenario

In

Supposedly he reached out CDC for our opening. He might like the demotion, but Del Conte and Sarkisian should make the call. As much as a slimy POS he is/was, if Texas wants to get serious about winning, they need some slimy POS's that can coach at an elite level on one side of the ball. His defense wasn't great this year, but I have a feeling that after this firing and the ability to focus solely on that side of the ball, Texas would be in great hands defensively for as long as he wanted to be here. I think he would get the most out of the talent running his 4-2-5 scheme.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Supposedly he reached out CDC for our opening. He might like the demotion, but Del Conte and Sarkisian should make the call. As much as a slimy POS he is/was, if Texas wants to get serious about winning, they need some slimy POS's that can coach at an elite level on one side of the ball. His defense wasn't great this year, but I have a feeling that after this firing and the ability to focus solely on that side of the ball, Texas would be in great hands defensively for as long as he wanted to be here. I think he would get the most out of the talent running his 4-2-5 scheme.

We’re going to need a huge increase in our budget for towels and sideline fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean is any of this for real, or just message board rumor shit?

Just now, South Austin said:

We’re going to need a huge increase in our budget for towels and sideline fans.

DC in the booth....AC for days.  And towel girl won't even have to follow him up and down a sideline.  She can just sit there with a stack of towels and dab his brow and serve him ice water.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Funny how human nature works. Fucker could have cashed checks for couple mil a year as long as he wanted to if he was willing to be just a little less knucklehead.

Agreed.  Some of the people I know are very high up alums and they are just tired of him. According to them nothing is ever good enough and the sideline antics have started to rub on them.  

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, if you're not interested in money.  Patterson was making more than double what Traylor's new contract pays.  

True. I get DTs point and I don’t think he’s necessarily interested in money but I imagine he wants to advance his career in prestige. Otherwise he woulda just stayed at Gilmer. 

37 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Knee jerk reaction from a college who was in over their heads and Gary was the only thing keeping them afloat.

This is not UT firing Mack Brown after a couple bad seasons (and more of recruiting).

This is a garbage can firing the only person willing to empty the trash.

Dumb take. TCU was paying him top 10 money. There are plenty of coaches out there that will take a job for that kind of money.

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Whether he would take the DC job, no telling if you don't ask. If he reached out about the Texas job, I would say that it's a high probability.

He was the mastermind of the 120th ranked defense this season. No thanks if I'm Sarkisian.

Edited by royiv