Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

i think brisket postulated that someone walking into a place at low ready is going to get blasted one day and it will be an interesting (horrifying) case. 

Correct. How do I know if you’re Kyle, Boy Scout hero just here to help, pure as the driven snow and worthy of sainthood….or El Paso Wal-mart shooter, here to rack up a body count? I don’t. Not till the split second when you raise the barrel and start killing.

It’s a fair question.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct. How do I know if you’re Kyle, Boy Scout hero just here to help, pure as the driven snow and worthy of sainthood….or El Paso Wal-mart shooter, here to rack up a body count? I don’t. Not till the split second when you raise the barrel and start killing.

It’s a fair question.

I don’t think you’re going to convince 12 on a jury. But you can try

This case was over when the judge didn’t allow the video of KR saying he wanted to shoot looters be admitted. That changes the context of every decision he made that night. Why he was carrying. Why he left the store front. Why he crossed the police line after the store he was protecting was made safe. He went looking for action, and he got it.  

I think the first guy saw a kid with a gun and thought he could bully him off of it. I think everyone after that saw an active shooter and they were trying to take KR down to disarm him. The biggest lesson here was for the guy with the pistol. He could have stepped out of KRs LOS and drilled him if he was really trying to kill him. Instead he got close and gave KR the ability to respond. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse trial: Don't be surprised if jury accepts  self-defense claim - Chicago Sun-Times

What in this picture suggests he is there to "help" anyone. This is combat patrol cosplay with real bullets. 

There is no enemy present. There is a mix of protesters, rioters, and vandals mostly furious at the low value law enforcement places on black life. There is no reason for a combat patrol such as we see here. If there were, why aren't the police or the National Guard doing it?

His presence here is provocative. By all appearances, it's intended to be so.

But people have the right to open carry guns! Even military rifles!

And here we see why that's a terrible idea. Only the ability to walk with a military weapon makes this person willing to appear in this place. Willing? Eager is more accurate. 

Do the characters in the photo give any appearance of wanting to render aid? Put out fires? No, their primary presentation is as gunmen walking in a place where white gunmen have roused fury. 

Rittenhouse fufills his cosplay dreams. He got to shoot some bad guys. It's a symptom of this sick society.

Should he be convicted of murder? What do I know? I'm not sure that's the most important thing going on here. We have heavily armed citizens showing up at political events often to intimidate their own politcal opposites.

That the law in some places allows this shows how far off the tracks our violent, gun-obsessed mythology has taken us. We've got degenerates passing laws to protect gunmen then celebrating a trigger-happy teen.

The law should not be protecting the vigilantes pictured above no matter how goofy Johnny Sack's worldview is about good guys with guns killing bad guys with guns.

It's fucking nuts. It's out of control. 

Oh look, some more good citizens patrolling the streets looking to render aid!

spacer.png

Thank God these guys are in the building guarding against fires!

spacer.png

E'erybody out exercising their rights and lookin' to help folks out!

spacer.png

All with such good trigger finger discipline just like in the movies!

Although black people have more to complain about regarding rights and oppression than lily white me or brave Johnny Sack. They've also come out on the shit end of our violent mythology more than anybody else as well except for maybe the Indians.

Focusing on the details of Rittenhouse's case feels like a big distraction from what his actions really say about this country and our laws.

Republican Party America. Open carry and if you shoot just claim self defense. These people are complete psychos and it’s time we start recognizing that fact and start dealing with it accordingly. Stop excusing the psycho trump and sacks of the world. Deal with them accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m pointing to the worst examples, but there’s a real point in there. If Kyle had been a black guy in a BLM shirt, walking the same direction carrying the same weapon…think the cops would have treated him like they treated Kyle, and told him go forth and do good? I mean, maybe the black guy heard that there were some white boogaloo types heading down there, planning on starting fires and mayhem and blaming it on the locals. He’s even trained in CPR and likes putting our fires. Do you think he even makes it to the scene? Or is he taken down and arrested as soon as the local PD sees him. We all know the answer.

I seem to recall a black dude walking around with an AR at “low ready” during the Dallas BLM mass shooting.  He gave his gun up to police, and it was returned afterward.  So no, I think your assumptions are bullshit. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I seem to recall a black dude walking around with an AR at “low ready” during the Dallas BLM mass shooting.  He gave his gun up to police, and it was returned afterward.  So no, I think your assumptions are bullshit. 

Did Kyle give his gun up to the cops too? Your analogy is really stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Republican Party America. Open carry and if you shoot just claim self defense. These people are complete psychos and it’s time we start recognizing that fact and start dealing with it accordingly. Stop excusing the psycho trump and sacks of the world. Deal with them accordingly.

You should try and disarm them.  Bring your skateboard tough guy.  

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I’ll take you on any time any where and I’m twice your age.

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

If you need a tag team partner I’m in.  I have a couple of boxing awards laying around in the garage.

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I mean I'm in. Can you make it to Portland? The closest I'll be to Texas is April in Utah.

I've always been kind of a pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don’t see a medical kit, fire extinguisher, or cleaning supplies in that photo.

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t see a medical kit, fire extinguisher, or cleaning supplies in that photo.

Because it was a Fanny pack and behind him.  

spacer.png

you can see both a Med kit and fire extinguisher here

spacer.png

spacer.png

That he was putting out fires, rendering aid and offering to render aid is not disputed at this trial.  

• Fuck You 2

He was cleaning earlier that day.  There are widely publicized photos.  Not sure he was cleaning in the minutes before he shot the concvicted serial child rapist in self defense.  He was putting out fires (it’s what caused the convicted serial child rapist to attack him).  And he was offering and rendering medical aid.  

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He was cleaning earlier that day.  There are widely publicized photos.  Not sure he was cleaning in the minutes before he shot the concvicted serial child rapist in self defense.  He was putting out fires (it’s what caused the convicted serial child rapist to attack him).  And he was offering and rendering medical aid.  

He also shot and killed two people after they attacked him with a plastic bag and a skateboard. 

He's also a gigantic white supremacist woman beating pussy. All by the age of 17. Can’t wait for his encore. A perfect leader for you and the pew pew crew. 

It’s really a symptom of how sick a certain segment of American society is. Being a part of that you of course don’t see it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Challenging someone to a fight on an internet board.  L o fucking l.  True badassery.

Wws should show up to the fight with an AR15, you know, to keep things contextual to the thread. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

I think the first guy saw a kid with a gun and thought he could bully him off of it. 

I read that guy was bipolar bad enough to have been periodically institutionalized. Mass chaos, a severely bipolar guy, and a dumbass with a gun is a terrible combination 

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Because it was a Fanny pack and behind him.  

spacer.png

you can see both a Med kit and fire extinguisher here

spacer.png

spacer.png

That he was putting out fires, rendering aid and offering to render aid is not disputed at this trial.  

I see gloves and a bag.  It could have a human head in it or a defibrillator.   And some blurry ass pictures which are mostly useless.  Heck, I can barely make out the gun and in the other image it looks like he has one leg.   I am not quite certain that those gloves are the same ones he is wearing in the bottom picture when he is holding the AR?  

Why does someone walk around wearing gloves to render aid?  You put them on then render aid.  Then replace them.  Not keep wearing them, walk around touching shit and then help someone.   

I don’t know why any of that matters.  He had a Med kit.  There is witness testimony he used it.  And that he was going around asking people if they needed help.  He had an extinguisher. He used it.  

Him putting out fires is why the convicted serial child rapist attacked him.  

• Fuck You 2

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Sorry he killed a serial child rapist.  And then two idiots who attacked him with a skateboard and Glock.  Don’t worry, they’ll all still vote D.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/01/republicans-violence-save-us-poll

The pew pew crew is angry my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli. 

Ummm….you literally just emphasized my point.

Shit going down: armed black man is disarmed.

Shit going down: armed white kid is functionally deputized.

Again, note that I am not complaining about the first outcome; it is sane, reasonable, and responsible. I am complaining about the inconsistency, and the fact that the second outcome is shitty.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Cleaning, putting out fires and offering aid allows one to murder people? Who knew?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, note that I am not complaining about the first outcome; it is sane, reasonable, and responsible. I am complaining about the inconsistency, and the fact that the second outcome is shitty.

Exactly. One downside though is we don’t have a 32 page thread talking about how that black dude in Dallas acted in self defense after he shot a dude armed with a skateboard. So in a sense we all lose out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, black man was smart. Iirc, he walked over to a cop and said I don’t want to get shot by y’all, here’s my weapon. There was pics and all that jazz.  And, if I further recall correctly, social media immediately put his pic out as shooter. It didn’t get walked back until pics/vids came out of him giving up his rifle and posing for pics with cops and shit. I get your point, and don’t necessarily fully disagree, but blacks aren’t immediately disarmed.  Just smart enough to know when to and not to show up armed, mostly. Considering I do the same as them, not sure it has to do with their color or just good (and simple) risk aversion.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No, black man was smart. Iirc, he walked over to a cop and said I don’t want to get shot by y’all, here’s my weapon. There was pics and all that jazz.  And, if I further recall correctly, social media immediately put his pic out as shooter. It didn’t get walked back until pics/vids came out of him giving up his rifle and posing for pics with cops and shit. I get your point, and don’t necessarily fully disagree, but blacks aren’t immediately disarmed.  Just smart enough to know when to and not to show up armed, mostly. Considering I do the same as them, not sure it has to do with their color or just good (and simple) risk aversion.  

That’s because you and that black dude are probably sane and reasonable people, in contrast to choir boy Kyle, sack and the rest of the pew pew crew. 

• Hook 'Em 1