Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

James Brockermeyer is now a composite 4*.  

Doesn't look like McRee's has been updated yet, he may be a composite 4* as well.

See Machinator's post above yours. #4102

Edited by Bevo

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Preston Stone lost his composite 5* status today after the rankings updates.

I'm shocked by this development. GRHorn and I were talking recently about how Preston Stone is to this class. He's got amazing wheels, a fucking cannon, a body built for a beating (no SA's mom) and the moxie and intangibles of a fucking X Man. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what Texas is thinking in not pushing to get this young man on board a year ago. He'll continue his plummet to the 300's if we don't do something about this soon. 

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Adeleye is god damn funny. I want him in the class just to make memes. 

You and me both, brother. I've liked this guy from the jump and I live for his onslaught of tweets and declarations each day. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm shocked by this development. GRHorn and I were talking recently about how Preston Stone is to this class. He's got amazing wheels, a fucking cannon, a body built for a beating (no SA's mom) and the moxie and intangibles of a fucking X Man. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what Texas is thinking in not pushing to get this young man on board a year ago. He'll continue his plummet to the 300's if we don't do something about this soon. 

You and me both, brother. I've liked this guy from the jump and I live for his onslaught of tweets and declarations each day. 

He’s a true leader.

You don’t want him in your QB room, you NEED him in your QB room. 

18 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

"Are you photoshopping a 16-year-old's head on to Jesus' body and calling him Saint Jalen to other old dudes online?"

"Well you see he's a bluechip college football recruit"

"Ah, well in that case it's totally normal. Carry on."

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess I need to start paying more attention to Instagram. Anyway, here are the somewhat interesting responses from Milroe on that Q&A:

Q: so who’s next

A: Working on it now! Might have some news this weekend.👀

Q: How do you think you could elevate your game further?

A: Honestly I look to get 1% better each and everyday. On and off the field. That happens off of studying film and getting stronger in the weight room. Leadership skills is something I want to get better at as well. It’s important being the quarterback of the team to have leadership. You are the coach on the field and the leader of the whole offense. The energy of the team is leveled by the quarterback.

Q: What package deals do you think will happen? 

A: My offensive line is the first package deal I would love to have. They make my job so much easier and do such a great job protecting the guys on offense.

Q: What stands out the most to you about UT?

A: Throughout the recruiting process, The University of Texas was one of the schools who communicated with me the most since my freshman year. When I sat down and discussed everything with my family we believed that they were the most consistent and they made me feel like my future on and off of the field was a priority for them.

Q:  You talk to Bijan Robinson or Chris thompson??? And thoughts on this class

A: I have not. The 2021 class is very talented offensively and defensively.

Q:  What’s your fav type of tacos?

A: I’m basic lol. I just like my tacos to have beef,cheese,lettuce and salsa or queso. I like hard or soft shell.

Q: Who's next to join the burnt orange fam?

A: "Hopefully get some guys this weekend! Looks like a linebacker 👀

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Chris Thompson Junior is a safety. Why do we just assume that these players are going to play the positions we wishcast them into?

Wasn’t me wishcasting, just inferring. Don’t see any other 2020 or 2021 linebackers committing in the near future 

Edited by RGBIII

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Wasn’t me wishcasting, just inferring. Don’t see any other 2020 or 2021 linebackers committing in the near future 

Derek Harris Jr. has mentioned committing in September so wouldn’t be that crazy to move that timeline up a month or so, Nahlin mentioned the other day he felt good about him and the crystal ball guys should be all over him.