Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

32 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I agree. It appears a lot of pressure was applied at the pool party before Jimbo got faced by Umanmielen.

I picture a broken nosed Jimbo standing in front of all the recruits telling them to drink the kool aid like Jim Jones 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Wells and a plugged-in poster on IT. The TL;DR is that A&M pushed too hard and Orlando floated the possibility of playing B-backer.

Lulz. That’s awesome. We have like 3 other B-backer targets and Jackson is going to way outgrow B-backer, but getting a leg up in a recruitment by telling a recruit he can be an edge rusher is just beautiful.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the 3rd or 4th recruit that A&M has potentially pissed off by pushing too hard. Seems like there's a pattern here. 

I get the sense A&M is feeling the Texas momentum and is trying to land a knockout blow somewhere. Not having much success it seems. 

They don’t have many closers left on staff. Brewster is a great recruiter and could land a recruit without it feeing pushy. A lot of these other guys, including Jimbo, not so much.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus you can be a dense motherfucker. Who, in this situation is “our” recruit? Is it Landon Jackson the Aggie legacy? He’s ours? You sound like a stupid fucking aggy with any “our recruit” shit. 

It’s lemon turd. What do you expect? 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I hate my wife 

Know how I know you’re a Surly poster?

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s lemon turd. What do you expect? 

Know how I know you’re a Surly poster?

I can expect my dog to occasionally piss on something it shouldn’t. Its a dog. That doesn’t mean I still don’t get irritated when it happens. Or in this guy’s case once a day when it happens. 

For the record, Harry Potter leanings aside, my wife is fucking awesome. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

For the record, Harry Potter leanings aside, my wife is fucking awesome. 

For the record, I concur that your wife is awesome fucking, especially when she begins by wearing her Hogwarts schoolgirl costume.

10930141_hi?$pdp_hero_large$

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read. Poor take on the QB situation and complete ignorance of the ENORMOUS impact Milroe has had on the 2021 class.

Good luck around here.

I thought that was a meme?

I didnt think my Stone/Milroe take was that hot. I guess I should of waited to build up some cred lol

• Fuck You 3

24 minutes ago, RedSox4life said:

I thought that was a meme?

I didnt think my Stone/Milroe take was that hot. I guess I should of waited to build up some cred lol

It was hot. But given the time when you made it, coupled with your obvious refusal to employ any hindsight readily available to you, it was just a steaming hot shit of a take. 

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I agree. It appears a lot of pressure was applied at the pool party before Jimbo got faced by Umanmielen.

based on ctj's completely accurate factual account of the pool party, pretty sure the pressure was applied by the tainted potato salad -  for reference, see the last-gasp days of shaggy...

Edited by ricky queso

The 9.95ers have hinted at a surprise school gaining ground in Camar Wheaton's recruitment. Mike Farrell things it's blou.

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-will-elite-2021-texas-rbs-stay-in-state-

TAKE TWO: Mike Farrell, Rivals.com national recruiting director

“A lot depends on Zach Evans. I don’t know if A&M is going to get him, but it looks like he’s looking more out-of-state than he is at Texas A&M and Texas. If he gets out of state, it’s important for one of those schools to land Johnson and it’s important for Oklahoma to get Wheaton.

“Oklahoma is recruiting so well without a home-state advantage. If it goes out and wisn the Big 12 and shows how potent that offense is again, it will be in the mix for five-stars in the state of Texas. It looked like A&M had some recruiting momentum, now Texas has all of it, so Oklahoma needs to win a big one here soon.”

Since we are taking 3 ( and possibly 4 if the stars align ) CB's in 2020, is this looking like a class of 2?  Ibraheem and shoot for the moon with Neville's cousin in Virginia?  I'm not even going to think about McCutchin.

Coffey looks to be a Safety take and Bowman can play just about anywhere in the secondary.

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Since we are taking 3 ( and possibly 4 if the stars align ) CB's in 2020, is this looking like a class of 2?  Ibraheem and shoot for the moon with Neville's cousin in Virginia?  I'm not even going to think about McCutchin.

Coffey looks to be a Safety take and Bowman can play just about anywhere in the secondary.

Sounds about right to me. With the caveat that they still haven't started their junior years yet, so it's possible that some really good players emerge between now and December 2020. And those kids could become takes or even priority targets as long as they can live with the slight of not being offered before their 15th birthday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Grimes-46048912/

Who else is on the radar, texifornia?

Not much yet: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2021-Football/Offers/

Some kid from Derrian Brown's high school maybe: https://247sports.com/player/malik-williams-46080425/

Edited by texifornia