Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not going to tell you where he's going to end up, but you do realize what we've signed plenty of Ro kids, and we're probably going to get another one to commit to us over aTm tomorrow, right? It's not a death sentence for us. 

He’s not anti-Texas, he’s just pro Ro, which is pro making recruitments more twisty than they should be 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

There was a report a few pages back that Jordon Thomas was talking up Texas a lot behind the scenes.

I think we were in on him early before everyone else (or maybe it was Juan Davis i.e. Katfid)... typically when we're in on a guy 1st it works out. I would be surprised if aggy had the lead on him..

1 minute ago, CL Horn said:

I think we were in on him early before everyone else (or maybe it was Juan Davis i.e. Katfid)... typically when we're in on a guy 1st it works out. I would be surprised if aggy had the lead on him..

Perroni says aggy leads for him.

However, no crystal ball and he usually jumps to put one in on stuff like that.

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni says aggy leads for him.

However, no crystal ball and he usually jumps to put one in on stuff like that.

Thomas definitely gave one of the Ag sites quotes recently that they were leading, I still think he ends up in Texas class when it’s said and done. 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What was the handle of the Michigan pastor that we outed?  I barely recall anything about the ordeal. 

Did he come onto TOS posting as a woman? I can't remember exactly what happened either. I just remember that it went south on him really quickly and in the most hilarious manner possible.

20 hours ago, Focht Up said:

Q: % on Wheaton now that Samples is gone

JW: Lower than if he was still in ATX.

EN: I think that has the potential to get weird. Not sure who's helping him decide.

Seems like we've seen this before.

Things change. I’ve been saying that a lot this cycle and I think that will be true into the future. A flake like Evans is probably going to be a guy that Texas will always end up abandoning, but a weird recruitment in various ways that isn’t absurd will probably not filter Texas out of the process. 

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think the craziest, most unbelievable  personal fact I’ve ever learned about anyone on Surly was that you’re married to an aggy. Fucking incredible. 

What if I told you that I have a beautiful adult daughter with a Texas A&M degree? She’s also got a masters from Johns Hopkins, which is what I usually prefer to mention. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What if I told you that I have a beautiful adult daughter with a Texas A&M degree? She’s also got a masters from Johns Hopkins

When you go dumpster diving for the undergrad you can splurge a little on the grad work. This is the equivalent to pounding a couple junior bacon cheeseburgers and a half case of coors light before going to Jeffrey's. You can afford foie when you're not hungry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It is pretty fucking insane. It would be like learning that Randolph Duke had multiple undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from aTm. 

or something even crazier like darrell royal being a fucking sooner.  that would be straight nuts. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Wow. This is big. I am THAT much closer to putting in a CB for Brockermeyer myself.

/ Mike Roach

Hey now, people need to tap on the breaks..James told me he wants to visit and is OPEN. So even though I feel this can go Texas down the road, by no means is it a sure thing.  Anyone else telling you that is flat out wrong.  I'll keep an eye out on this../ Jason Suchomel

7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Well it sounds like maybe the compromise between Bryce and his mom would be that he doesn't go to either A&M OR Texas.  

If so that's too bad because Herman is building an absolute monster here. 

it sounds like?  where’d you hear that?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What if I told you that I have a beautiful adult daughter with a Texas A&M degree? She’s also got a masters from Johns Hopkins, which is what I usually prefer to mention. 

I’m not sure what the rules are in this situation. I mean, she’s your daughter but you said she’s an adult, and beautiful...

• Like 3

IT

Next Five for 2021: 

WR JoJo Earle, Aledo - Mr. Earle is the quintessential slot receiver; quick, fast, and can take it to the house. I’m somewhat surprised more teams aren’t involved in this pursuit. It might be they know Texas is his spot. They might be right. UT has to hold off Oklahoma State who has a good story to sell with receivers his size.

RB LJ Johnson, Cy-Fair - Johnson isn’t Camar Wheaton but you don’t need him to be. At 5-foot-11, 205, he’s already got the look and speed of a D1 running back. Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, and Auburn maintain contact, but I believe Texas is the quiet leader here. He's a great fit for what the roster will need.

WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Hightower - He has almost everything you want in a pass-catching prospect. Size (6-foot-3, 195), speed, body control, and natural fluidity. Now, we just need to see it on the field. With 25+ offers, Texas is out front in this one.

DB JD Coffey III, Kennedale - This is a guy that Texas has done a tremendous job recruiting over the last eight months. We have confidence the four-star with 20+ offers ends up a Longhorn and we’re not changing our stance until notified otherwise.

DB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball - The 6-foot-1, 170-pound island owner really burst on the recruiting scene this summer. With early offers from Alabama, Georgia, OU, and Nebraska, Ibraheem finds himself on the short list of in-state corner takes for 2021. Thankfully UT took the plunge a few months ago, offered, and made a strong impression. Strong enough that Texas looks pretty snazzy here.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Foster is a badass shot put guy. Adrian PIPERI of Texas is the reigning national champion. they both have Olympic ambitions. 

I would have to think that Bryce wants to be around national championship level throwers. advantage Texas

that guy is from the woodlands.  I bet foster knows him. 

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Foster is a badass shot put guy. Adrian PIPERI of Texas is the reigning national champion. they both have Olympic ambitions. 

I would have to think that Bryce wants to be around national championship level throwers. advantage Texas

Most elite athletes would agree, but how does he overcome the obstacle of his Mama being a super red assed aggy?