2021-2022 Texas Winter Weather Thread

Hate

Official forecast for the latter half of the weekend keeps dropping. Now supposed to hit 36 overnight Saturday into Sunday and get down to freezing overnight Sunday in Houston. Austin, DFW and SA all looking to dip into the mid 20's at times. Permian Basin and Panhandle gonna see anywhere from 10 to 20 below freezing on Saturday night.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 2

I guess Houston sucks but in Dallas this week has been awesome. Mid to low 70s, light cool breeze, and mostly sunny. Tripping me out to go to get groceries in shorts and flip flops in December. 

I wouldn't mind way milder summers than usual and milder winters than usual then a couple of big cold blasts in January/ Feb before back to 60s and 70s March becoming the norm. 

Please don't tell me you've been storing it up against the house, in the garage, or anywhere close to anything else of value?  Is it covered?  You're really gonna wanna check it over before you start hauling it inside.  

Nina, Nino, tomato, tomato.  I took the girls outside to play this morning and I can smell the bourbon in my sweat.  Not a good thing.  I know this heat cycle can be easily explained but it's already 80 degrees with the humidity in my backyard.  Not a great feeling after the wedding reception I had to attend last evening.  I know a cold front is en route but it shouldn't take a record cold front to end the swamp ass I'm already experiencing.  

Yeah, Austin's drop won't happen until about 10pm.  Which is fine, we're gonna watch the Peanuts New Year's special outside at dusk.  Then get them to bed.  Heater shouldn't kick on, but my wife is always convinced that upstairs will always mirror the outside temp despite the fact that's 79 up there right now.  They can stay in all day tomorrow and just get ready for getting back to school.  Shit, by Tuesday and Wednesday...this cold front talk will be all over with and we'll back to sending her to school with a second water bottle to stay hydrated for recess.  'Cause you know...80 degrees in January...totes fucking normal.  

13 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

10 degrees in Perryton/N Texas area and 79 in Brownsville.

Texas Temperature Map - Air Sports Net (usairnet.com)

yeah, it's colder'n fuck up here. 14 degrees at my house. Slight frozen rain/ sleet/ wintry mix overnight but nothing substantial.  Chance of snow this afternoon.

Bring it.

We have tortellini soup on, fridge full of beer. Cabinet full of bourbon, and football all day.

Still cold as hell outside.

Edit: flurries starting now...

Edited by slorch

I was supposed to be in S Texas this weekend, so I checked the forecast.  It doesn't show a significant drop until tomorrow morning sometime.  I guess I got time to double check the ammo supply for polar bear rounds and stock up on some whiskey.  Now where did I put my seal club?