So Jimmy Lake just went Woody Hayes on his own player...

The Dog

If this isn’t the final nail in the coffin for Lake, then UW admin will finally accomplish their goal of killing the football program. This guy has been nothing but a disaster since taking over - moronic quotes, lazy hires, roster management / depth chart dumbassery, doesn’t recruit, etc. He gave them a golden opportunity to fire him with cause, if they don’t take it....

In next press conference someone should ask him if that’s what he tried with Marcus Peters 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Could it? If sark did that the buyout would poof.  Wouldn’t be the most horrible thing to happen in the world. 

Edited by ONE YARD

4 hours ago, Nope said:

That wasn’t so bad 

No shit, I got excited reading the title because I would love to see Jimmy Lake shot into the sun, but I was watching the game when it happened, and the announcers didn't even comment on it.

And you can't "go Woody Hayes" by hitting your own player.  Hitting an opposing player is what made Woody's move so shocking.  Hitting your own player would be "going Frank Kush."

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

No shit, I got excited reading the title because I would love to see Jimmy Lake shot into the sun, but I was watching the game when it happened, and the announcers didn't even comment on it.

And you can't "go Woody Hayes" by hitting your own player.  Hitting an opposing player is what made Woody's move so shocking.  Hitting your own player would be "going Frank Kush."

that and Woody was like 103 years old.

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Maybe UW will use this as the reason to jettison him. Fans have wanted it since the Montana game. 

That's what my friend up there who's pretty plugged in is saying -- they're trying to fire him with cause, so they don't have to pay a buyout.  

It's remarkable how similar Lake's career has been with Charlie's, right down to his main undoing being an inexplicable OC hire.  

And the Oregon game ended with them getting booed off the field because of a special teams decision -- down 8 points with 2 minutes left, 4th-10 on their own 10, only 1 TO... and Jimmy sends out the punt team, which proceeds to give up a safety on a high snap.

But Lake is a much shittier recruiter than Charlie.