Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But you've never supported a single candidate for public office who supports those things.  In fact, every GQP candidate for office stridently OPPOSES those things, ANY things, being done with respect to firearms.  We criticize you for the utter disconnect.

You don't get to say "I'm in favor of reducing wildfires" while you relentlessly vote for arsonists.

I keep forgetting we should vote on one issue. I had it backwards.   Hey, is the other party still cool, no, proud, with taking and distributing my money and rewarding the dregs for being dregs?  Still one of the pillars right? Rewarding people who are too stupid and lazy to contribute financially to our society?   

• Fuck You 12

I keep forgetting we should vote on one issue. I had it backwards.   Hey, is the other party still cool, no, proud, with taking and distributing my money and rewarding the dregs for being dregs?  Still one of the pillars right? Rewarding people who are too stupid and lazy to contribute financially to our society?   

Who do you think receives more from the government, you or the people you disparage?
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What’s that catchy phrase y’all love when someone is intentionally downplaying something? Fuck. Find me a post about tourists at the capitol. 

I think people struggling with their own identity, sexuality, transition, acceptance, etc. in society/religion are every bit as likely to be angry at the world and suicidal as young men. Maybe more so given the open hostility towards them. So what? If you want to include some of those markers in red flag laws, fine, whatever.

What. Is. Your. Fucking. Point?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Probably the same reason Muslims do?  I suggest you ask someone who gaf about religion.  Plenty of them on here 

I'm asking you, the one worried about trans aggression and it's ills for society. You seem to think that the extremely low percentage of trans who kill is something our society and government should address. You don't address the much larger issue of shooters being from christian households. So should society and government focus on that? Since there are far more radical Christians in this country than trans, shouldn't the christianity problem be a priority? 

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who do you think receives more from the government, you or the people you disparage?

Well, napkin math here, but I pay in a whole lot of money, and have less governmental benefits provided, so I’d have to do with the people I disparage.

But good news, it’s no longer just for the poors!!  Now I can also help finance the education for folks who deferred their loans to buy tremendously appreciating homes in central Austin. Pretty good gig if you can get it, I suppose.   

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm asking you, the one worried about trans aggression and it's ills for society. You seem to think that the extremely low percentage of trans who kill is something our society and government should address.

Would you like to support that by quoting a post I made?  All I did was correct you when you stated this was a one off, first time event.  Only to be met with a bunch of posts about how those aren’t “real”. When someone claims there are identity “x” on this site, and others berate them for it, user names get changed and we mock them being a bigot.  We get a button to report posts.  Hypocrisy is a thing, it’s OK to acknowledge it exists 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Would you like to support that by quoting a post I made?  All I did was correct you when you stated this was a one off, first time event.  Only to be met with a bunch of posts about how those aren’t “real”. When someone claims there are identity “x” on this site, and others berate them for it, user names get changed and we mock them being a bigot.  We get a button to report posts.  Hypocrisy is a thing, it’s OK to acknowledge it exists 

Poor fatty is just misunderstood. Only wants to point out the real truth behind all this. It wasn't just 1 trans person, it was 5.....out of hundreds...this year. We need to make sure to really clarify that discrepancy because it clouds the issue, right? It's a much bigger problem than we all can see and I'm so glad that you can provide the true stats provided by (checks notes) some Twitter guy from the far right. We all know who you are fatty. Your deflection is because you cannot really stand on any ideals other than your own selfishness and I'm happy to call you out on it every time. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Poor fatty is just misunderstood. Only wants to point out the real truth behind all this. It wasn't just 1 trans person, it was 5.....out of hundreds...this year. We need to make sure to really clarify that discrepancy because it clouds the issue, right? It's a much bigger problem than we all can see and I'm so glad that you can provide the true stats provided by (checks notes) some Twitter guy from the far right. We all know who you are fatty. Your deflection is because you cannot really stand on any ideals other than your own selfishness and I'm happy to call you out on it every time. 

So that would be a no?  Please, no more projection.  Find me something I actually said, or kindly fuck off. 

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, napkin math here, but I pay in a whole lot of money, and have less governmental benefits provided, so I’d have to do with the people I disparage.

But good news, it’s no longer just for the poors!!  Now I can also help finance the education for folks who deferred their loans to buy tremendously appreciating homes in central Austin. Pretty good gig if you can get it, I suppose.   

What about that party in Texas who wants to send your isd prop tax dollars to private school families? 

• Hook 'Em 5

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Do you claim to be a Christian? Because just so you know, you are not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Guess how many of my tax dollars get sent out to rural communities to support their schools while many people there receive lower tax rates due to ag exemptions. Meanwhile, my kid is going to school in portable buildings while my FIL pays less property tax on his 57 acres with house and three car garage and a handful of cows than I do on my middle of the road 1980s house?

Our taxes don't get to go only to the people and causes we want them to. That's part of living in a democracy.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You sure about that?

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Now I can also help finance the education for folks who deferred their loans to buy tremendously appreciating homes in central Austin. Pretty good gig if you can get it, I suppose.   

Really?  I pay $20K per year in property tax and can only deduct $10K of that, just so Austin can fund schools in Houston, Dallas, and the rest of the state.

What exactly is this latest stupid point of yours?

• Rage+1 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Really?  I pay $20K per year in property tax and can only deduct $10K of that, just so Austin can fund schools in Houston, Dallas, and the rest of the state.

You know what that $10,000 deduction is?

A handout.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Is the trans component of this act something we should focus on within the context of all the mass shootings in our country?

I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter who's pulling the trigger. But Harriot may have to get some new material for his race baiting.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You sure about that?

Pretty sure, yeah. 

20 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Our taxes don't get to go only to the people and causes we want them to. That's part of living in a democracy.

That's absolutely true.  This can be directly influenced by...

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Do you claim to be a Christian? Because just so you know, you are not.

I do not.  I'd be careful in that glass house in which your living, though. 

24 minutes ago, bluto said:

What about that party in Texas who wants to send your isd prop tax dollars to private school families? 

Pretty fucked.  Are you under the impression I agree with everything the GOP does?  I'm not in agreement with most of it.  I'm just in less disagreement with them than the other.  The sad part with that deal is that if they framed it about education, they'd have a point.  Instead its about religious beliefs.  

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No way!!! I do the same!!

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

my mistake, I took your posts to mean it was the party of no handouts to undeserving recipients. 

You're talking to someone who is under the impression that poor people in America receive more in handouts from the government than the rich and middle class. 

• Haha 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

You're talking to someone who is under the impression that poor people in America receive more in handouts from the government than the rich and middle class. 

No shit. PPP "loans" out front shoulda told you.

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my california tax dollars continue to support needy, stupid, lazy welfare queens, and i've made peace with that.

and by welfare queens, i mean oklahoma, alabama, mississippi, west virginia, south carolina, and so on.

And please pray tell, how do you honestly feel about them?  And how do you typically speak about them?  What about their politics?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Incorrect.  I disparage the rich for their financial contributions as well.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And please pray tell, how do you honestly feel about them?  And how do you typically speak about them?  What about their politics?

Incorrect.  I disparage the rich for their financial contributions as well.  

And how do you feel about taxpayers generously financing your socioeconomic class?

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

i think poor, rural america has been fed lies by right wing media for decades and continues to vote against their best interests in matters of economic policy, perceived freedoms, and personal safety for them and their families.  most of it is fear-based and a lot of it is religion, which is just more fear.  i feel sorry for them, but it's the only way the system works.

their politicians are worse than their citizens, but hey, why don't we let one of them speak for himself:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No way!!! I do the same!!

The difference between you and me is I don't vote for asshats that act like they'll remedy my financial situation when in fact they never have and never will.  I mean, I'm  not stupid.  You?

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn't realize that you had such a hate for corporations and the obscenely wealthy.

Those are the dregs you're referring to correct?

The "the shooter was trans!" issue is the exact same "tu quoque" logical fallacy the GQP uses over, and over, and over, without regard for how the rest of us respond to it.

E.g., when GQP official after GQP official is committing open and blatant corruption and election crimes, they point with glee to the counter-example of a Dem committing an election crime, and IGNORE the response from the rest of us: "Cool -- if that dude committed a crime, toss him in prison too."  To the REST of the sane world, crimes committed by the opposition do NOT justify or excuse crimes committed by people on their side of the aisle.  But to the GQP, that's the only response: zero accountability, and tu quoque fingerpointing.

This is no different.  Per early accounts, the shooter was dealing with mental issues.  It's not a leap to assume that some/all of those issues were connected to their trans status.  Which is not shocking; gender dysphoria is no easy path, and I would expect that MOST trans people have experienced related mental health issues.  The common thread here is "dealing with mental health issues, and thus probably shouldn't have been able to obtain a firearm."  The REST of us don't care if those mental health issues are suffered by trans people, incels, people who lost touch with reality and went down the Qanon rabbit hole, or what have you.  We believe that there should be red flag laws that apply to ALL cases where a person is suffering from a destabilizing mental condition that makes them unfit to possess a weapon of mass slaughter.  The REST of us would shed ZERO tears if the shooter in this case had been prevented from obtaining a firearm by such laws; on the contrary, we'd call it a success story.

People are committing mass shooting events in this society for two fucking reasons: 1) we are completely and utterly broken as a society, fomenting division, hatred, and cruelty, both as matters of culture and as actual enacted policy, we celebrate violence/ultraviolence as the #1 problem-solving tool, and we have a lot of broken and angry people, and 2) every one of them can easily obtain a weapon capable of killing dozens in minutes with minimal effort.  That's the wrap up.  We have created a lot of broken and angry people, and we let them all have all the guns.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

You guys keep feeding the troll and he has successfully pivoted all of you away from the topic of this thread. In an attempt to bring it back around, does anyone think he would think or vote any different if one of his own children was gunned down? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The difference between you and me is I don't vote for asshats that act like they'll remedy my financial situation when in fact they never have and never will.  I mean, I'm  not stupid.  You?

Oh I’ve long lost the idea they’ll “fix” it. Just looking for a tourniquet at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I didn't realize that you had such a hate for corporations and the obscenely wealthy.

Those are the dregs you're referring to correct?

I don’t hate them for their success, I disparage the fact they don’t pay equally, either.  But equality is no longer good enough, now we want equity.  I am the dregs to ~5% of the population, depending on the chart.  

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

What a sad, selfish person you have shown yourself to be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

What a sad, selfish person you have shown yourself to be.

We've known it for a long time. It's absolutely nothing new yet people on here keep acting outraged about his selfishness. He's completely brainwashed by the GOP/NRA propaganda and people keep trying to reason with him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

You guys keep feeding the troll and he has successfully pivoted all of you away from the topic of this thread. In an attempt to bring it back around, does anyone think he would think or vote any different if one of his own children was gunned down? 

Of course. Would yours? 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh I’ve long lost the idea they’ll “fix” it. Just looking for a tourniquet at this point. 

I seriously doubt Republican policy has improved your tax burden one iota.  Mine certainly went up under the Trump administration, due in no small part to the reduction in SALT deductions.  But hey, fuck the middle class, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t hate them for their success, I disparage the fact they don’t pay equally, either.  But equality is no longer good enough, now we want equity.  I am the dregs to ~5% of the population, depending on the chart.  

Do you have any idea how much the middle class owes to the American taxpayer?

I seriously doubt Republican policy has improved your tax burden one iota.  Mine certainly went up under the Trump administration, due in no small part to the reduction in SALT deductions.  But hey, fuck the middle class, right?

He’ll never show the math on that. He’s been told by Fox News that dems are bad for his pocketbook so he’s never doubted it and ignores all the evidence to the contrary.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Y'all do this with fatty every fucking time.

Guys, he knows he's a piece of shit already. He's proud of it. He's not going to change his mind.

I just think it's ironic and a little bit hilarious that he thinks his way of life isn't highly subsidized by the federal government.

On a more serious note, he is far from alone and that has dire consequences for Americans most in need, particularly children and old people.