Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Glad you have time for tacit, implication, and the psychoanalysis of my politics, while largely unspoken.  It’s far easier to just say that you don’t like me, and it makes you feel like a big boy to throw neg rep around anytime I post. I don’t particularly like you either. It’s ok. You’re not the only one to chase my posts around the board, negging even the most benign shit like it can’t me made up in hobbies. 

My dude is so self-centered that he's crying about negs in a thread about children getting murdered by the tools of his hobby that he's sunk five to six figures into.

Spectacular. I hope you get all the posrep and then some from your buddies in the gun thread on the hobby board, it's really been tough for white men who own multiple houses lately. 

I'm sorry that it's such a personal affront for you to get a small minus one to a number that doesn't matter. I hope you're able to handle it better than a small child does a 5.56 round. Thankfully as we learned from your dear friend @DalTxHornFan, 5.56 is completely harmless so you should be just fine, scout.

Id give you less shit if you owned up to your active and ongoing decision to do nothing over even incremental progress with respect to gun control

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

My dude is so self-centered that he's crying about negs in a thread about children getting murdered by the tools of his hobby that he's sunk five to six figures into.

Spectacular. I hope you get all the posrep and then some from your buddies in the gun thread on the hobby board, it's really been tough for white men who own multiple houses lately. 

I'm sorry that it's such a personal affront for you to get a small minus one to a number that doesn't matter. I hope you're able to handle it better than a small child does a 5.56 round. Thankfully as we learned from your dear friend @DalTxHornFan, 5.56 is completely harmless so you should be just fine, scout.

Id give you less shit if you owned up to your active and ongoing decision to do nothing over even incremental progress with respect to gun control

Worse than nothing. The GOP thinks MORE guns are the answer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

As I've pointed out before, their overall goal is the destruction of modern secular society. As they see it, more indiscriminate violence helps them achieve that, so is good and should be encouraged.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I saw a stat today that is absolutely chilling:  the # AR/AK class weapons in the US is growing by ~ 3M guns per year.  Is it a big fraction of the 400M such guns currently in our country?  No, it isn't, but if we could just stop the manufacture, sale, and import/export of those weapons it would at least have an effect on the value of the current stockpile, driving prices up and making them less affordable to the average psychopath.

I saw a stat today that is absolutely chilling:  the # AR/AK class weapons in the US is growing by ~ 3M guns per year.  Is it a big fraction of the 400M such guns currently in our country?  No, it isn't, but if we could just stop the manufacture, sale, and import/export of those weapons it would at least have an effect on the value of the current stockpile, driving prices up and making them less affordable to the average psychopath.

That would upset the cosplay people.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Wether it's trolling and threadshitting the LGBT thread as the government begins it's first legislative steps in targeting that group legislatively, or waxing poetic about tax stamps and calibers in the MASS SHOOTING THREAD, fatty really has it all. 

Mad props to the mods for fostering such a wonderful space here in the CR, and not just treating the board like a dumping ground

Listen, fatty sucks. Royally. Most of his views are reprehensible. But, unless I missed it, I don't remember him being an active enemy to women and the LGBTQ community. Maybe not the most enlightened, but willing to listen to the community. Again, unless I missed something.

All I remember is him getting unfairly lumped in with Poe and Sack. No one deserves to be compared to those two lightly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Listen, fatty sucks. Royally. Most of his views are reprehensible. But, unless I missed it, I don't remember him being an active enemy to women and the LGBTQ community. Maybe not the most enlightened, but willing to listen to the community. Again, unless I missed something.

All I remember is him getting unfairly lumped in with Poe and Sack. No one deserves to be compared to those two lightly.

If you support the status quo, you support the attacks on the civil rights of women and the LGBTQ community. You're defending a dude that said the only way he would reconsider his views is if one of his own children got gunned down. Ruminate on that one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, royiv said:

If you support the status quo, you support the attacks on the civil rights of women and the LGBTQ community. You're defending a dude that said the only way he would reconsider his views is if one of his own children got gunned down. Ruminate on that one.

Yeah, man, read back a few pages and let me know if I'm "defending" fatty.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m not posting this to antagonistic or critical of trans. I’m making no judgement there. As I’ve stated there are mentally ill people of all types, and they shouldn’t have access to guns. Here’s what I’ve learned.  Some of this is corroborated by the linked article, which may have already been posted. Some is anecdotal from a young man from Nashville that lives in Dallas now:

- Hale’s parents were ultra devout. They asked Scruggs to counsel Audrey.

- The prior school administration from ‘05-‘08 had a headmaster or whatever that was caught doing something seedy with kids. This could’ve coincided with when Audrey was there. That’s probably the biggest conspiratorial anecdote. 

- Scruggs likely counseled her against any transition and was pretty firm about that. Another conspiratorial anecdote. 

- Hale was looking to murder Scruggs and family. Obviously anecdotal, but, she went to the boys’ (Hallie’s brothers) school and was deterred because of security. While conspiratorial as well, this has merit given Hallie’s death and Hale’s visit to Hallie’s brothers’ school. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11919801/Nashville-school-shooter-private-counselling-sessions-schools-head-pastor.html

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, man, read back a few pages and let me know if I'm "defending" fatty.

You said he's "willing to listen to the community." Please cite any instance where that has happened. I think you're a good poster, but fatty is a piece of shit on the same order of sack/drebin and poe. Don't try to make him out to be even a little better. He's just a better troll than those two.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not posting this to antagonistic or critical of trans. I’m making no judgement there. As I’ve stated there are mentally ill people of all types, and they shouldn’t have access to guns. Here’s what I’ve learned.  Some of this is corroborated by the linked article, which may have already been posted. Some is anecdotal from a young man from Nashville that lives in Dallas now:

- The prior school administration from ‘05-‘08 had a headmaster or whatever that was caught doing something seedy with kids. This could’ve coincided with when Audrey was there. That’s probably the biggest conspiratorial anecdote. 

- Scruggs likely counseled her against any transition and was pretty firm about that. Another conspiratorial anecdote. 

- Hale was looking to murder Scruggs and family. Obviously anecdotal, but, she went to the boys’ (Hallie’s brothers) school and was deterred because of security. While conspiratorial as well, this has merit given Hallie’s death and Hale’s visit to Hallie’s brothers’ school. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11919801/Nashville-school-shooter-private-counselling-sessions-schools-head-pastor.html

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

The LGBTQ community. Obviously not the gun reform community, in which he is a massive piece of shit and complete moron.

A piece of shit is a piece of shit. He's not doing anything to support the LGBTQ community. He's factually supporting the ruling party in this state that is actively attacking that community. Quit pussyfooting around. We need to start calling people what they are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Lets all repeat this over and over and over again for the rubes in the back. The trans part of this is a non-issue. There are HUNDREDS of mass shootings a year in this country and a vast majority are done by white Christian men/boys. Focus on that for just one minute. The right has spent more time "investigating" the trans angle on this shooting than they have investigated a solution to the bigger issue. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Maybe Hale was abused at the church. She wouldn’t have been the first. They had a little bit of a history.

https://www.courthousenews.com/church-accused-of-covering-for-molester/

In that particular case the accused molester happened to be a guy who co-authored a couple books with Mike Huckabee. Also one with Roy Moore.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3120240/New-child-abuse-scandal-hits-Mike-Huckabee-Republican-White-House-hopeful-s-author-molested-girl-11-escaped-charges-statute-limitations.html

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/andrewkaczynski/co-author-of-mike-huckabee-books-was-accused-of-child-molest

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lets all repeat this over and over and over again for the rubes in the back. The trans part of this is a non-issue. There are HUNDREDS of mass shootings a year in this country and a vast majority are done by white Christian men/boys. Focus on that for just one minute. 

Who gives a fuck who is doing the shooting? 98.4% of the mass shootings in this country could be committed by tri-racial Buddhist bisexual dwarves and it doesn't change shit. We have a mass shooting problem that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. 

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe Hale was abused at the church. She wouldn’t have been the first. They had a little bit of a history.

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lets all repeat this over and over and over again for the rubes in the back. The trans part of this is a non-issue. There are HUNDREDS of mass shootings a year in this country and a vast majority are done by white Christian men/boys. Focus on that for just one minute. The right has spent more time "investigating" the trans angle on this shooting more than they have investigated a solution to the bigger issue. 

It’s like neither one of y’all read my post at all. People take what they want out of posts. Smokey, read my first 3 lines. WTB, read my second bullet point. 

Regarding Republican congressman from Tennessee, Tim Burchett and when he said he homeschooled his daughter: New Yorker had a good piece about why homeschooling isn't a panacea:

It is easy to sympathize with parents, regardless of their political or religious affinities, who might be tempted to retreat from the outside world, to hunker down, in a brutally divided country with more guns than people. (And there are many good reasons for a family to homeschool: a school may not be supportive of a child with disabilities, or of a child who faces bullies or discrimination.) But this sympathy for individual decision-making doesn’t accord with what we know more broadly about homeschooling—research has shown that homeschooled children are at higher risk for abuse and neglect, partly because they have less contact with mandated reporters such as teachers and social workers. Nor does this sympathy match what we know about gun violence. Eighty-five per cent of children ages twelve and under who are killed by a gun are shot in their own home. Almost two-thirds of child deaths involving domestic violence are caused by guns. Among children killed accidentally by firearms, the vast majority either shoot themselves or are shot by a peer, sibling, or parent, at their own home or at the home of a friend. Suicide deaths by children and teens, which typically involve a firearm kept in the home, have increased sixty-six per cent in the past decade.

It is home, not school, where guns pose the greatest risk to children. But, unlike school shootings, which can still sometimes stop us in our tracks, few of these stories will ever lead a news cycle. They are too terribly ordinary. Like many a homeschooled child, they are mostly invisible, unacknowledged, unaccounted for. For all our evangelical fervor, Americans are an oddly faithless lot in this matter: we believe only in what we can see.

4 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Fattie is also for a flat tax, which reveals his contempt for the poor, and is itself reflective of contempt for society in general.

Why do you hate equality? 

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Big talk coming from the guy who doesn't know how to use gambit and gig correctly.

Cool. 

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Receipt? Should be very easy to find. 

On 3/29/2023 at 10:57 AM, royiv said:

You guys keep feeding the troll and he has successfully pivoted all of you away from the topic of this thread. In an attempt to bring it back around, does anyone think he would think or vote any different if one of his own children was gunned down? 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:01 AM, fattyflattie said:

Of course. Would yours? 

you're right, it was easy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

you're right, it was easy

Ipso facto, fatty doesn't care about other people's dead kids.

I don't know why he works so hard to dance around that. By definition, if you admit that your views would change in such an unfortunate event (without it even having to happen to realize that), then you're admitting that you don't care enough about others' to reach a similar revelation.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

https://www.courthousenews.com/church-accused-of-covering-for-molester/

In that particular case the accused molester happened to be a guy who co-authored a couple books with Mike Huckabee. Also one with Roy Moore.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3120240/New-child-abuse-scandal-hits-Mike-Huckabee-Republican-White-House-hopeful-s-author-molested-girl-11-escaped-charges-statute-limitations.html

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/andrewkaczynski/co-author-of-mike-huckabee-books-was-accused-of-child-molest

When I heard about this happening at a Christian school the shooter had attended my first thought was to wonder if they had been molested there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

It’s like neither one of y’all read my post at all. People take what they want out of posts. Smokey, read my first 3 lines. WTB, read my second bullet point. 

so i read your post and i can see the point you are making but the source you are using is a rag 

16 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

...I'm sorry.

I can't think of a man/person who has less to be sorry about. Bravo to this man. Bravo to this citizen.

Among the sadness of these repeated tragedies lies the constant repetition of "I don't want to get political." It reveals just how much so many citizens have been led to revile the only real system available to generate change. Maybe it was hate radio, maybe it's the shitshow we've been watching since Reagan and the great divide, and, worse, maybe it's the realization of just how little sway a single citizen really has.

This person of action, this coach, weeps in frustration as much as grief for what has gone or horror of what may befall his own child. He takes a risk by saying what he says. I admire that very much.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

When I heard about this happening at a Christian school the shooter had attended my first thought was to wonder if they had been molested there

Same, or that she was treated abusively as though she had a problem that needed to be fixed and God was the solution. I don’t know her story but conservative religious communities don’t generally provide a healthy environment for young members of the LGBTQ community. If she was told that who she was was unnatural, immoral, and an abomination then I could see how she might have felt some resentment. 

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Again at the risk of being tiresome, this is the sick American mythology killing us. Our entire history is finding justification to kill people to get what we want. The justification is usually good versus evil which happened exactly once: WW2. Even then, we didn't engage in the war until attacked. It was actually righteous.

Indians evil; Americans good. Kill 'em if they get pissed off we're destroying their crops, scalping their women and children, and burning their villages as a matter of government policy.

Africans are sub-human; Enslaving Africans good (the death toll is horrifying just in getting them here.)

Spain evil; America good (Remember the Maine! We get their empire! Yay! Just keep killing 'em until they quit!"

Latin America self-determination bad (for US corporations); Gunboat diplomacy good. The unmitigated fun of the School of the Americas and death squads to keep dictators in power!

America's enemies blowing up Americans evil; America blowing up weddings and anything that moves, good (hey, we didn't mean to)

It's all white hat versus black hat at high noon to us. Easy to declare evil. Easy to find a solution no more subtle than killing it.

I actually hate that all of this comes into such clear focus now. I just finished An Indigenous People's History of the US. You already sorta knew it all, but she draws it all together so brilliantly with documentation of how all the horrors were sanctioned and encouraged by government. Great book. It does make one feel bad about one's country, so skip it if the truth ruins your dinner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Glad you have time for tacit, implication, and the psychoanalysis of my politics, while largely unspoken.  It’s far easier to just say that you don’t like me, and it makes you feel like a big boy to throw neg rep around anytime I post. I don’t particularly like you either. It’s ok. You’re not the only one to chase my posts around the board, negging even the most benign shit like it can’t me made up in hobbies. 

Eta: I’m glad you acknowledged my participation, or lack thereof, in the LGBQT thread. And yet, I was removed from the thread. For “tacit”.  

Negged GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

54 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

so i read your post and i can see the point you are making but the source you are using is a rag 

Yeah I know. I’ve heard all this from multiple, unconnected people though. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Why do you hate equality? 

Cool. 

Well, it depends, like in consideration of all qualities, the inherent good lies not in the word “equality”, but in the purpose it serves.   Our federal outlays are about 40-45% of gdp. Euro countries around 50%.  A flat tax penalizes almost everyone except for the top tax payers.  So, the problem with your idea of equality is that it does not serve fairness.

It’s not the words, Fattie. It is the purposed served.   Folks have been on this message for awhile now.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, it depends, like in consideration of all qualities, the inherent good lies not in the word “equality”, but in the purpose it serves.   Our federal outlays are about 40-45% of gdp. Euro countries around 50%.  A flat tax penalizes almost everyone except for the top tax payers.  So, the problem with your idea of equality is that it does not serve fairness.

It’s not the words, Fattie. It is the purposed served.   Folks have been on this message for awhile now.

It also assumes most everyone in this country benefited from the genetic lottery. Socioeconomics matter.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

...I'm sorry.

I can't think of a man/person who has less to be sorry about. Bravo to this man. Bravo to this citizen.

Among the sadness of these repeated tragedies lies the constant repetition of "I don't want to get political." It reveals just how much so many citizens have been led to revile the only real system available to generate change. Maybe it was hate radio, maybe it's the shitshow we've been watching since Reagan and the great divide, and, worse, maybe it's the realization of just how little sway a single citizen really has.

This person of action, this coach, weeps in frustration as much as grief for what has gone or horror of what may befall his own child. He takes a risk by saying what he says. I admire that very much.

Speaking for myself. I’m not LED to revile politics. I just have my eyes open. Most of the people in my life are GOP. Very few want to talk politics.  I’m disgusted by both sides, but as to the topic at hand, this is 100% on the GOP. 

At this point, Biden would earn a lot of respect from me if he issued some kind of executive order effective immediately. I’m sure there a dozen reasons why this would be without teeth. 

Edited by Porterhouse

11 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

• Hook 'Em 1