Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Setting aside your mis's understanding of Texas and constitutional law on bail, do you have a source on this? I'm unable to avoid any corroborating information after a brief internet search. 

It's a really annoying talking point of the right that reflects little understanding of the issues, but invokes "tough on crime" and SoROs-backed progrssive prosecutors, which have little or nothing to do with it.

• Hook 'Em 2

“America is a Gun,” Brian Bilston

England is a cup of tea.
France, a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece, a short, squat olive tree.
America is a gun.

Brazil is football on the sand.
Argentina, Maradona’s hand.
Germany, an oompah band.
America is a gun.

Holland is a wooden shoe.
Hungary, a goulash stew.
Australia, a kangaroo.
America is a gun.

Japan is a thermal spring.
Scotland is a highland fling.
Oh, better to be anything
than America as a gun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Mole said:

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but you probably mean gamut, which means the entire range. A gambit is a kind of sacrifice, which also applies in this situation, just not for the people you mentioned.

Gamut comes from medieval music theory — gamma ut, which was the bottom note in their system. They derived their music theory from a mistranslation/misunderstanding of the Ancient Greek music theory, so the entire medieval system was essentially upside down and bore little relation to the original source materials; kind of like how our values and understanding of the 2nd amendment is upside down and has lost all touch with the context in which the amendment was conceived.

The medieval church felt they needed to assert control and uniformity, so they decided upon a set of common chants for church services and attributed them to Pope Gregory via inspiration of the Holy Spirit. They used this Gregorian Chant to suppress competing chant forms, so eventually, most of the other forms died out.

You understand it’s not really fair, but I still try to make my arguments. Appreciate the correction and lesson; I've been using that incorrectly for decades I suppose. 

• Fuck You 2

one person making sense and a republican refusing to acknowledge the issue, instead decides to deflect, gaslight, obfuscate, pivot, whatever the fuck.  yeah, that's happening lots of places these days.

They are vampires. There is no death toll that will get them to change. All they have to offer is thoughts and prayers because dead kids and teachers, no matter the number, are less important than their money. They don’t believe in community unless you are one of them. Indefensible, selfish shitheads. Take your single issue voting bullshit, roll it up and shove it up your ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

instead of trying to figure out what, if any, issue will get those voters to flip (answer: none. well, maybe if their own child gets their face blown off in a school shooting, but they wouldn't be happy about it, dammit), Democrats would do better to study up on cult deprogramming methods and brainwashing cures. 

quoting myself from another thread...finished watching 'Waco' a couple days ago, cults on my mind...something just clicked...

they really are willing to sacrifice children. because that's what cults do

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see what happens once reasonable people in this country have had enough. I think we’re getting to the point that people will no longer be cowered into silence about living in a gun violent country that makes it impossible to pursue happiness. What we’re discovering is that there are more of us who are willing to be vocal and fight back.

The spirit of change is here. The spirit of change is here.

I feel it in the atmosphere

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, miguelito said:

“America is a Gun,” Brian Bilston

England is a cup of tea.
France, a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece, a short, squat olive tree.
America is a gun.

Brazil is football on the sand.
Argentina, Maradona’s hand.
Germany, an oompah band.
America is a gun.

Holland is a wooden shoe.
Hungary, a goulash stew.
Australia, a kangaroo.
America is a gun.

Japan is a thermal spring.
Scotland is a highland fling.
Oh, better to be anything
than America as a gun.

As my buddy Guy Forsyth said:

I wonder how the world sees us?

Powerful without equal 

Rich beyond compare

A spoiled, drunk 15 year old waving a gun in their face

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It is pointless to debate any of the gun cult members.
The Christian family photos with everyone (dad, mom, kids) holding AR-15s tells us everything we need to know about they interpret the Second Amendment and gun rights. Those weapons will never be used to resist tyranny. The AR-15s (et al) will be used to impose tyranny. Those guns will be pointed at the rest of non-Christian society. They are freaking advertising the future right in everyone's faces.
They deeply crave an ultraviolent (see Burgess, Kubrick, A Clockwork Orange) society, with a bloodthirsty medieval mindset. When there is an army of Christians with AR-15s, all believing the unseen Sky Daddy has their back, they will be more than ready to impose ultraviolence across America and the planet—to fulfill the apocalyptic prophesies of Revelations.
History is 100% clear on that. 

This BevoAbyss guy gets it. All of it. This is the end game.
It will be interesting to see what happens once reasonable people in this country have had enough. I think we’re getting to the point that people will no longer be cowered into silence about living in a gun violent country that makes it impossible to pursue happiness. What we’re discovering is that there are more of us who are willing to be vocal and fight back.
I feel it in the atmosphere

It’s not here yet. It’s still got quite a ways to go before it gets here.
But when it does, the “let’s solve this issue once and for all” crowd is going to listen to and compromise with the gun crowd exactly as much as the gun crowd has listened to and compromised with everyone else.
I’m a gun owner. And I’m resigned to private gun ownership being functionally abolished within the next 50 years. And the people I blame for that are the “all or nothing” gun cultists who currently control the entire issue. Because today, they’ve got it “all.” But the inevitable outcome of that path is “nothing.” Because the gun cult is completely unwilling to work towards reasonable gun regulations, we’re going to end up with draconian ones.

It’s utterly stupid, selfish, and destructive of both their values and those of society at large. But that’s how we roll these days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because today, they’ve got it “all.”

You really feel this way?  Because it takes several hundred dollars in taxes, a fucking trust (registered for the pedantic), and almost a year wait to purchase hearing protection right now.       

• Fuck You 6

Wether it's trolling and threadshitting the LGBT thread as the government begins it's first legislative steps in targeting that group legislatively, or waxing poetic about tax stamps and calibers in the MASS SHOOTING THREAD, fatty really has it all. 

Mad props to the mods for fostering such a wonderful space here in the CR, and not just treating the board like a dumping ground

If you can and want to take some action (and you can, I've seen the pool thread), I just donated to two organizations. I refuse to just bitch on a message board and feel like that's enough. I urge you to do the same.

Maybe it's because I have a kid around the ages of those in Nashville or Uvalde. Maybe it's because it sickens me to know my kid has to go through lockdown drills. Maybe it's because this isn't the "America" I was raised to believe in where you can't go to school, church, Walmart, or a July 4th parade without the risk of being a victim. 

Take the action.

March for Our Lives (this one will really piss off MTG):

https://marchforourlives.com/

image.png.976f9d2d0452e3060e88958dc81bf358.png

Everytown for Gun Safety:

https://everytownresearch.org/

image.png.df731adb1ff1c73d6e7eadd732f00ab2.png

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

If you can and want to take some action (and you can, I've seen the pool thread), I just donated to two organizations. I refuse to just bitch on a message board and feel like that's enough. I urge you to do the same.

Maybe it's because I have a kid around the ages of those in Nashville or Uvalde. Maybe it's because it sickens me to know my kid has to go through lockdown drills. Maybe it's because this isn't the "America" I was raised to believe in where you can't go to school, church, Walmart, or a July 4th parade without the risk of being a victim. 

Take the action.

March for Our Lives (this one will really piss off MTG):

https://marchforourlives.com/

image.png.976f9d2d0452e3060e88958dc81bf358.png

Everytown for Gun Safety:

https://everytownresearch.org/

image.png.df731adb1ff1c73d6e7eadd732f00ab2.png

Good on you. I've also given to Everytown for Gun Safety, but I'm not a high roller like you. Nice humblebrag with the casual $2k donation. 😀

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Good on you. I've also given to Everytown for Gun Safety, but I'm not a high roller like you. Nice humblebrag with the casual $2k donation. 😀

It's not casual. But would I pay $2k if it keeps one 9 year old from getting killed by a mass shooter? It's cheap when you think of it that way.

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You really feel this way?  Because it takes several hundred dollars in taxes, a fucking trust (registered for the pedantic), and almost a year wait to purchase hearing protection right now.       

And in exchange, functionally anyone can carry a firearm, openly, anywhere.   Age restrictions are being blasted apart.  Restrictions on people under domestic violence orders possessing a firearm are being voided.  It is EASIER for MORE PEOPLE to get, possess, and carry a firearm than ever before.  Bruen has won the day.  It's over.  The 2nd Amendment is now absolute, complete, and total -- it will be shocking to see any new gun regulation survive challenge.

Nobody gives a fuck about your cans.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Wether it's trolling and threadshitting the LGBT thread as the government begins it's first legislative steps in targeting that group legislatively, or waxing poetic about tax stamps and calibers in the MASS SHOOTING THREAD, fatty really has it all. 

Sorry I’ve hurt your feelings. If you’d like, I can come lightly rub circles on your back?

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And in exchange, functionally anyone can carry a firearm, openly, anywhere.   Age restrictions are being blasted apart.  Restrictions on people under domestic violence orders possessing a firearm are being voided.  It is EASIER for MORE PEOPLE to get, possess, and carry a firearm than ever before.  

Case in point, fucking yesterday:

• Rage+1 3

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sorry I’ve hurt your feelings. If you’d like, I can come lightly rub circles on your back?

Not hurting my feelings, just gawking at the oilman chud doing a speedrun of making an ass of himself as frequently as possible in the sensitive social subject threads, whether it's his tacit approval of the state of Texas attempting to criminalize gay and trans people, or his tacit approval of our ever-escalating rate of school shootings.

Fattyflatty: he's """reasonable and wants regulations just like you""", but will cite internet memes and MAGA hacks as authoritative sources and get sand in his vag when called on it, and will never vote for someone who would pass a regulation.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What could possibly go wrong?  Constitutional carry + "stand your ground" / extended castle doctrine + the right wing hate engine means there's going to be a lot more of this throughout the SEC ...

And nobody will get charged.  May be time to invest in armor technology for passenger vehicles.

Edited by Gap03

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This actually speaks so much to the root of the problem -- gerrymandering. North Carolina has a Dem governor but a veto-proof majority in the House (thanks to three members being out).

With gerrymandering, people don't have to be centrist or common sense. They only have to win the primary. Fix gerrymandering and you fix sooo much wrong with the nation.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not hurting my feelings, just gawking at the oilman chud doing a speedrun of making an ass of himself as frequently as possible in the sensitive social subject threads, whether it's his tacit approval of the state of Texas attempting to criminalize gay and trans people, or his tacit approval of our ever-escalating rate of school shootings.

Fattyflatty: he's """reasonable and wants regulations just like you""", but will cite internet memes and MAGA hacks as authoritative sources and get sand in his vag when called on it, and will never vote for someone who would pass a regulation.

Anastasia::COVID/FISA

Fatty::GUNS

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I didn’t say anything insensitive in the LGTQB thread.  But continue to throw bullshit around as fact hoping people won’t read for themselves.  Everyone here can read.   

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t say anything insensitive in the LGTQB thread.  But continue to throw bullshit around as fact hoping people won’t read for themselves.  Everyone here can read.   

I know you didn't actively say anything insensitive in the LGBT thread. Do you know what the word "tacit" means? It means implied, or known without saying - which like I said, I am sourcing based on your voting behavior. Your vote is really the only say you have in our government. If you abstain, you're saying you're fine with everything as is, and/or you don't give a shit out the outcome. 

Which is to say: tacitly approving of whatever evils may happen, via your apathy. Since, ya know, actions speak louder than words. 

Not to mention that you are using the same sources and arguments and rhetorical framing as the far right progun side does, so it really does undermine your weak claims of actually caring enough to change your behavior 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I know you didn't actively say anything insensitive in the LGBT thread. Do you know what the word "tacit" means? It means implied, or known without saying - which like I said, I am sourcing based on your voting behavior. Your vote is really the only say you have in our government. If you abstain, you're saying you're fine with everything as is, and/or you don't give a shit out the outcome. 

Which is to say: tacitly approving of whatever evils may happen, via your apathy. Since, ya know, actions speak louder than words. 

Not to mention that you are using the same sources and arguments and rhetorical framing as the far right progun side does, so it really does undermine your weak claims of actually caring enough to change your behavior 

Lol. Glad you have time for tacit, implication, and the psychoanalysis of my politics, while largely unspoken.  It’s far easier to just say that you don’t like me, and it makes you feel like a big boy to throw neg rep around anytime I post. I don’t particularly like you either. It’s ok. You’re not the only one to chase my posts around the board, negging even the most benign shit like it can’t me made up in hobbies. 

Eta: I’m glad you acknowledged my participation, or lack thereof, in the LGBQT thread. And yet, I was removed from the thread. For “tacit”.  

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 2

Everyone needs to flood their reps office with phone calls. They HAVE TO take every call. They cannot block you unless you make a threat. Have your kids call and ask them why they won’t do anything legitimate to make schools safer. Grind work to a screeching halt. Tell them you will work with anyone that is running in a primary against them that offers to do anything about guns.
Real noise and disruption is one of the few ways we can cause problems for these reps.

• Hook 'Em 3