Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

And, before you say it, yes, it also falls on my lap for just posting on a message board, voting, and hoping that it will be enough to change things, knowing that it won't be.

I'm ashamed that I've let myself become so disillusioned by gun lobby politicians that I already know the marches and protests and letters after this round of dead kids will have no effect. Though, I'm sure there will be a huge ammo run, you know, just in case. I'm embarrassed that all I can think to do is vote to remove the assholes who obviously don't care.

However, if I heard all of these GOP politicians come out and say "now is not the time" (knowing it never will be the time) and flat out admitting that they're not going to do anything, then proceded to vote for them and those like them...forget embarrassed and ashamed, I don't know how I wouldn't feel directly culpable.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

People are so impossibly stupid. Yep, rather than a lighting/compression difference in different shots, instead what happened was this was all fabricated, the city of Nashville doesn’t actually exist, and the whole shebang got exposed because the THEY in charge had the lead actor change shoes in the middle of the filming for reasons.

Literally anyone who thinks this should kill themselves and stop Idiocracying the gene pool.

Have I missed something?  Is there a conspiracy theory running about how this shooting didn't happen?

And now the governor of Tennessee says this is not the time to talk about legislation?  Just when I thought trump was the dumbest motherfucker in this country, now I read this?  I do not pray anymore because if there is a God, even He could not save us from people this stupid.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m a lot of things, but I can assure you disingenuous isn’t one.  Just tired of being told that I’m the problem, when I don’t have a fucking thing to do with this woman’s problems. I’ve got firearms, not a single one has ever been a threat to another human.   This woman took something from the entire country, and it doesn’t really matter what lever you pulled. 

I'm reasonable confident that if you owned hand grenades or land mines that not a single one would be a threat to another human, but can't you at least see that there are things that while safe with most are enough of a problem for many that it's best for society that they be extremely restricted.

And "not a single one has ever been a threat to another human". So you don't keep them locked up? Why would you lock them up if they aren't a threat? If you do keep them locked up then we are on the same page. You lock them up so certain people can't access them. That's all we're asking as well, just on a bigger scale. Not because of you but because of them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Have I missed something?  Is there a conspiracy theory running about how this shooting didn't happen?

Oh, there is a pair of pictures supposedly showing the shooter wearing two different shoes judging by the logos.  Hooray for photo editing or a person having two pairs of shoes and wearing one of each.

How many of yall have called or written someone about this, Uvalde, or any other shooting? 

Do it. As in right now. It seems completely worthless. But not as worthless as doing absolutely nothing. Do it now before you become apathetic. 

It fucking sucks to do. It's a pain in the ass. I'm not eloquent. I get worked up and don't say what I wish I did over the phone. I likely sound like I have a third-grade education. But the point still gets across. It takes literally two minutes and you're done. 

Find your rep here: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
Find your Senator here: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

How many of yall have called or written someone about this, Uvalde, or any other shooting? 

Do it. As in right now. It seems completely worthless. But not as worthless as doing absolutely nothing. Do it now before you become apathetic. 

It fucking sucks to do. It's a pain in the ass. I'm not eloquent. I get worked up and don't say what I wish I did over the phone. I likely sound like I have a third-grade education. But the point still gets across. It takes literally two minutes and you're done. 

Find your rep here: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

@YGIFScan you put in a good word with Heidi on this? Thanks in advance, Cruz's voicemail boxes are all full

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, of course the shooter is most at blame. That's obvious. But, which is easier: preventing there from being any evil, deranged individuals in society (I won't even get into how little the GOP also cares about mental health care), or limiting their access to guns? You can do it.

Now, go ahead and put a number to it: between the two parties, how would you spread the blame for the current gun culture, climate, availability, and unwillingness to budge? If it's anything less than 80/20 GOP (and I'm being extremely generous), then yes, you are a disingenuous liar. And, yes, it does fall on your lap for not demanding more from those you repeatedly vote for. You know you would if it happened to your kid, but, otherwise, you just don't care.

Hard to argue against your percentages being too generous. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Now, go ahead and put a number to it: between the two parties, how would you spread the blame for the current gun culture, climate, availability, and unwillingness to budge? If it's anything less than 80/20 GOP (and I'm being extremely generous), then yes, you are a disingenuous liar. And, yes, it does fall on your lap for not demanding more from those you repeatedly vote for. You know you would if it happened to your kid, but, otherwise, you just don't care.

How much blame do I accept if I “used to be a republican” but switched when it was convenient for my internet persona?  Asking for dozens of internet friends.  The truth is we care as much as you do, but I know it makes you feel bigger to announce you care more, so please, carry on. 

• Fuck You 10

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How much blame do I accept if I “used to be a republican” but switched when it was convenient for my internet persona?  Asking for dozens of internet friends.  The truth is we care as much as you do, but I know it makes you feel bigger to announce you care more, so please, carry on. 

Always deflecting, never self reflecting. Never change you uncritical, fearful, self-victimized bastard. At this point, I'm pretty confident that you're not disagreeing on an intellectual basis, just on a "NYUH UH!!!!" basis

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Avoid the question and blame shift. You are GOP through and through. In case you missed it:

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

And, before you say it, yes, it also falls on my lap for just posting on a message board, voting, and hoping that it will be enough to change things, knowing that it won't be.

I'm ashamed that I've let myself become so disillusioned by gun lobby politicians that I already know the marches and protests and letters after this round of dead kids will have no effect. Though, I'm sure there will be a huge ammo run, you know, just in case. I'm embarrassed that all I can think to do is vote to remove the assholes who obviously don't care.

However, if I heard all of these GOP politicians come out and say "now is not the time" (knowing it never will be the time) and flat out admitting that they're not going to do anything, then proceeded to vote for them and those like them...forget embarrassed and ashamed, I don't know how I wouldn't feel directly culpable.

You pretty obviously don't care, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Always deflecting, never self reflecting. Never change you uncritical, fearful, self-victimized bastard. At this point, I'm pretty confident that you're not disagreeing on an intellectual basis, just on a "NYUH UH!!!!" basis

Lol. Everythingthisguysaidisbullshit.gif

Ill leave you to gather an actual argument, not that we’re squarely in the name calling stage. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Everythingthisguysaidisbullshit.gif

Ill leave you to gather an actual argument, not that we’re squarely in the name calling stage. 

Children getting murdered by the dozen in schools: i sleep

CRT and depictions of gay people in literature: REAL SHIT??

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You pretty obviously don't care, man.

Ok. I’m also sorry I’ve done nothing but follow the law, responsibly own arms, and am not clairvoyant enough to stop 15 (of 300 million) clinically insane people a year from committing violence.  Im also sorry I didn’t agree with the opposition political party, and will vote with them in lockstep so these acts of violence will never happen again. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok. I’m also sorry I’ve done nothing but follow the law, responsibly own arms, and am not clairvoyant enough to stop 15 (of 300 million) clinically insane people a year from committing violence.  

Representative Burchett, that's you? I called your office yesterday. Your staffer hung up on me.

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok. I’m also sorry I’ve done nothing but follow the law, responsibly own arms, and am not clairvoyant enough to stop 15 (of 300 million) clinically insane people a year from committing violence.  Im also sorry I didn’t agree with the opposition political party, and will vote with them in lockstep so these acts of violence will never happen again. 

Let me just make sure I truly understand your stance.  Do you feel these mass shootings that this country has all the time is a problem or not?  (Simple yes or no question, right?). If you do feel it is a problem what do you feel the solution is?  Is your attitude just let this happen over and over again and there is nothing we as a civilization can do or do you have ideas on how we can try and curb some of these atrocities that are occurring in this country?  I get that in your mind, taking certain guns away isn’t a solution so what do you recommend?  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

For one, massive LOL at 15. For another, what you do with your votes and your vocal support is put people in power who refuse to do anything to keep deadly weapons out of those "15" people's hands so that they can stop exploding the brains of 9 year old kids all over the floor and their motherfucking classmates, because making sure your taxes don't pay for meals for poor kids and being able to PEW PEW PEW is more important to you. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@YGIFScan you put in a good word with Heidi on this? Thanks in advance, Cruz's voicemail boxes are all full

Sorry, Heidi's box is all full as well.  ;)  

C'mon, you guys just set this shit up and then bitch about me making too many wisecracks.  Speaking of cracks.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The right wants to make this a trans issue, cause you know, out of the hundreds of mass shootings, this was the first by trans. I want to make this about a religious issue. Because since this shooter went to a private christian school, they obviously groomed this shooter to hate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Representative Burchett, that's you? I called your office yesterday. Your staffer hung up on me.

Enjoy your time in Austin

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Do you feel these mass shootings that this country has all the time is a problem or not?

Yes, absolutely. 

If you do feel it is a problem what do you feel the solution is?

That’s a great question. It’s probably a whole bunch of things we can do. 

do you have ideas on how we can try and curb some of these atrocities that are occurring in this country?

I’ve got probably 500 posts on things that could be done over the last several years. Enough that posters like @Bozo_Casanova and @Brisketexan , who don’t agree with me much, know where I stand. I’m not going to reiterate them all here in detail, but a mix of safe storage, mandatory 4473 (f2f transactions, mandatory FFL), reasonable age restrictions on certain arms, etc would all help.  

All I’ve ever asked is if you are going to change laws of law abiding citizens, come with a plan, not just the flavor of the month boogeyman that’s purpose is more votes.  Posting on a message board over and over that we have no firearm restrictions in this country is not only dissenting false info, but useless.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Can someone explain to me how campaign finance works? I see stuff about the NRA giving $2 million to a member of Congress. But the contribution limit to a candidate committee is between $3,300 to $5,000. How is this working?

Because if it is literally a matter that these people are beholden to gun groups because of contributions, it seems relatively cheap to counter that. The cost of just one of these shootings runs into the millions when you consider lawsuits, repairing damage (hell, they are tearing down and rebuilding Robb), medical bills, police response, and security costs (and that's not even counting that children are being gunned down for Christ sakes). 

If you could "buy" 10 votes in the Senate for $5 million each, through contributions then this issue is fixed for $50 million.

This is the 4th or 5th in the last 18 months. There’s a meme list floating around. 

This may come as a shock to you, but your "meme list" is lying to you. I can guarantee it's counting the kid who shot up the drag show, for one.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

Over the years I've spoken tp survivors of the Tower shooting spree and the 1959 bombing of Poe Elementary in Houston. Understandably, they all ended up warped. Non so much as Dr Larry Schacht, a HS buddy of my parents who ended up being the camp doctor at Jonestown and the man who literally brewed the Guyana punch. Ripple effects are no joke.

This is the 4th or 5th in the last 18 months. There’s a meme list floating around. 

You uncritical idiot, yes the person who shot up a drag show and then claimed to be non-binary to attempt to dodge the hate crime charge is included in your meme list. 

Maybe you shouldn't use memes to inform your opinion and political views? I know the Russians know how to mix em up just how you like em though

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And we should care specifically about them vs the core group of perpetrators, why? Why are you glossing over the religion element here? No doubt, most of the perpetrators of mass shootings were raised in Christian households. Taught to hate everyone not like them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

There's a nonzero chance that staffer is a groyper that just added you to a list they give to the Proud Boys.

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Enjoy your time in Austin

Yes, absolutely. 

That’s a great question. It’s probably a whole bunch of things we can do. 

I’ve got probably 500 posts on things that could be done over the last several years. Enough that posters like @Bozo_Casanova and @Brisketexan , who don’t agree with me much, know where I stand. I’m not going to reiterate them all here in detail, but a mix of safe storage, mandatory 4473 (f2f transactions, mandatory FFL), reasonable age restrictions on certain arms, etc would all help.  

All I’ve ever asked is if you are going to change laws of law abiding citizens, come with a plan, not just the flavor of the month boogeyman that’s purpose is more votes.  Posting on a message board over and over that we have no firearm restrictions in this country is not only dissenting false info, but useless.  

Why is this a problem unique to America? Are mental health problems unique to America? Is America the only country with transgender citizens? What is it about America that sets us apart from other countries such as England and Canada that we deal with this constantly while others do not? It seems they have figured it out so let’s follow their lead. I’ll give you a hint. Gun control. Oh wait that’s a nonstarter for you so please don’t act like you are willing to do what it takes to stop the slaughter of children in our schools.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You uncritical idiot, yes the person who shot up a drag show and then claimed to be non-binary to attempt to dodge the hate crime charge is included in your meme list. 

Maybe you shouldn't use memes to inform your opinion and political views? I know the Russians know how to mix em up just how you like em though

Weird how powerful the NRA became. How pervasive their influence became on the right. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

People are so impossibly stupid. Yep, rather than a lighting/compression difference in different shots, instead what happened was this was all fabricated, the city of Nashville doesn’t actually exist, and the whole shebang got exposed because the THEY in charge had the lead actor change shoes in the middle of the filming for reasons.

Literally anyone who thinks this should kill themselves and stop Idiocracying the gene pool.

Well let me tell you this Professor Egghead McSmartypants: I lived in that neighborhood for 15 years in chunks spanning the early 70s to 1997, when I left for good. Although my last house was only about half a mile from "Covenant Church / school", it was not there when I left town. So there can be only one answer: this entire thing was filmed at a remote studio by Stanley Kubrick (you actually believe he's dead, don't you sheeple) featuring crisis actors to both discredit 2A and bolster police power.

Do your own research. I'll go out to my truck and make a video if I have to.

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

And now the governor of Tennessee says this is not the time to talk about legislation?  Just when I thought trump was the dumbest motherfucker in this country, now I read this?  I do not pray anymore because if there is a God, even He could not save us from people this stupid.

Not stupid -- evil.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

There's a nonzero chance that staffer is a groyper that just added you to a list they give to the Proud Boys.

Funny you mention it, I literally googled my phone number and submitted removal requests to those people search websites following the call.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Absolutely this!

After Uvalde, I called and emailed all of my representatives and explained that I will vote for and support candidates who work to provide real solutions to this problem.  Except I didn’t call Cruz’s office because Fuck Ted Cruz.

It’s basically forgotten by this point but we did get enhanced background checks and reviews for gun purchasers under 21 after Uvalde. 

I’m certain the thousands of calls that Cornyn’s office received help cement his support to do something.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I've called our junior senator's office multiple times over the last two years. All I've ever gotten is voicemail and I'll let you guess how many return phone calls I've received. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And we should care specifically about them vs the core group of perpetrators, why? Why are you glossing over the religion element here? No doubt, most of the perpetrators of mass shootings were raised in Christian households. Taught to hate everyone not like them. 

In the grand scheme it doesn’t matter, other than people such as yourself stating it’s a 1x occurrence (diminishing the relationship?). On the plus side we no longer have the Veeps niece tweeting about our country’s “white male problem”, and Michael Harriot had to find some new material from his white male graphic.   We had a Christian school that was targeted, and the hate crime aspect was scoffed at here but because the man who suggested it has his “soul dipped in dog shit”.  You tell me what the message is. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

It’s basically forgotten by this point but we did get enhanced background checks and reviews for gun purchasers under 21 after Uvalde. 

It’s not forgotten. It’s purposely not acknowledged because it makes certain arguments and claims more difficult.   

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You really ought to be embarrassed by this. I did a quick search and found this right-wing pundit spreading it. He cites three, one of whom was NOT trans but likely crossdressed to avoid hate crimes charges (Colorado Springs).

FsQwkOmWwAAl5Fs?format=jpg&name=large

FsQwkOrWIAEMltC?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But you've never supported a single candidate for public office who supports those things.  In fact, every GQP candidate for office stridently OPPOSES those things, ANY things, being done with respect to firearms.  We criticize you for the utter disconnect.

You don't get to say "I'm in favor of reducing wildfires" while you relentlessly vote for arsonists.

All of this. This isn't one of those issues you get to say, "Well, I like everything else they they represent, so I'll live with this one thing that I don't." Actually, I guess it is.

You've decided that taxes and oil leases are more important to you than random kids you don't know dying. It is what is. Just own it. I'm not going to be sanctimonious and pretend that starving people in Africa affect my voting habits much. But I hold out hope that school shootings--in America--would hit closer to home for more Americans, but here we are. The majority of Americans DO want meaningful reform, but, well, you know what the primary roadblock is. You vote to keep them in power, after all.

To answer your question from earlier: yes, I do feel some blame for my primarily Republican voting days.* It's never too late to change.

*in my defense, the last time I voted mostly R, Columbine was about the only major school shooting to go off of, and that was easier to "excuse." A couple of bullied teenagers got a hold of their parents guns (that they had every right to own, but shittily stored) killing their tormentors. Now that deranged people are easily obtaining legal guns themselves for the sole purpose of fairly random mass murder, it's pretty clear who is on the absolute wrong side of this.

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Oh are we taking prosecutions arguments as truth now? Cool, cool.  Good to know all those “furtive movements” were legit. 

• Fuck You 14

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

In the grand scheme it doesn’t matter, other than people such as yourself stating it’s a 1x occurrence (diminishing the relationship?). On the plus side we no longer have the Veeps niece tweeting about our country’s “white male problem”, and Michael Harriot had to find some new material from his white male graphic.   We had a Christian school that was targeted, and the hate crime aspect was scoffed at here but because the man who suggested it has his “soul dipped in dog shit”.  You tell me what the message is. 

Why are predominantly Christian raised people shooting others? 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You really ought to be embarrassed by this. I did a quick search and found this right-wing pundit spreading it. He cites three, one of whom was NOT trans but likely crossdressed to avoid hate crimes charges (Colorado Springs).

This is who fatty really is. He doesn't hide it particularly well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why do y'all keep engaging with fatty? He's a disingenuous selfish troll that does a great job getting you guys riled up. We already know that all he cares about is muh taxes, muh guns and muh boats. What he does not care about is the greater good of society. I'm to the point that I don't think he would change his mind even if one of his own children got caught in the crossfire. 

Einstein insanity definition and all that....

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Hawley trying to portray Nashville as a "hate crime" was unbelievably stupid -- and pushed by a fuckface whose soul is dipped in dog shit.

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

First response:

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh! Pick me! Pick me! The message is:

How about we make guns more difficult to obtain in an increasingly hostile, angry, segmented country, and rightfully shame anyone who actively stands in the way of that goal.

What in the actual fuck does it matter that the shooter isn't a young male for once, other than giving the meme lords you follow something to deflect to?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1