Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I keep forgetting we should vote on one issue. I had it backwards.   Hey, is the other party still cool, no, proud, with taking and distributing my money and rewarding the dregs for being dregs?  Still one of the pillars right? Rewarding people who are too stupid and lazy to contribute financially to our society?   

No one is arguing that people who are too stupid and lazy to contribute financially to society should be rewarded.  You should start a thread about that.  In this thread, about mass shootings, they are arguing that society should protect its children who are too young and powerless to defend themselves against an AR-15.

Are you really this fucking stupid?  Or is cognitive dissonance dictating you retreat to less conflicted ground?

Just now, David Dennison said:

I just think it's ironic and a little bit hilarious that he thinks his way of life isn't highly subsidized by the federal government.

On a more serious note, he is far from alone and that has dire consequences for Americans most in need, particularly children and old people.

He knows, he thinks he and his O&G buddies deserve it.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Y'all do this with fatty every fucking time.

Guys, he knows he's a piece of shit already. He's proud of it. He's not going to change his mind.

At this point, he's just a fill in for all of the braindead fucking morons on texags trying to pass the blame to mental illness/the trans community/side doors/the gheys/fatherless households [read: the blacks]/lack of religion/anything but guns. I assume he revels in being our cathartic release, for whatever dumbass reason.

So, Fatty, it is about the money.  The welfare queens.  The dregs.  Your fellow citizens.  Your fellow members of society. 

Also, there’s a technical view that it is not, in fact, your money.   Issuance before redemption, and all that.  But you just don’t want to support societal improvement.  Not with money.  With endless bullshit, you seem yo think.  You are not helping the world.   Get off the bus. 

Edited by nbmishoid
Words
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, royiv said:

I would send you T&Ps.

Wouldn't take me very far, would it?

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Do you have any idea how much the middle class owes to the American taxpayer?

The middle class IS the American taxpayer.  I think you should be asking how much the lower class owes the middle class. 

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

wait... so did fatty just admit that only if one of his children's faces was blown off by an AR15...then he would 'of course' change his voting??

holy shit

I simply stated our opinions should be considered, and likely change with all events in our life.  That's a pretty simple fact.  "Every time I pick up human shit, I lose a bit of my liberalness"  I would assume most of the time something "hits home", your opinion will sway, eyes open, etc.  

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

NO.  THAT'S OUR FUCKING POINT.  WE AREN'T JUST MOTIVATED WHEN SOMETHING DIRECTLY AFFECTS US.  WE ARE MOTIVATED WHEN WE SEE IT AFFECT OUR NEIGHBORS AND FELLOW CITIZENS.

That's the fucking point, and the difference-maker here.  We see other people hurt, and conclude "that's awful, we should do something about that."  You and your ilk see the same thing, and conclude "my kids weren't shot, so I don't care."  Empathy vs pure, distilled selfishness.

Which, yeah, is reflected in the rest of your worldview, too.  I have busted my ass, been blessed, and all that shit, and do well.  I can have a steak and baked potato on my plate.  And when I see the government hand out a bowl of oatmeal to my hungry neighbor, my first fucking response isn't "wait a minute!  Where's MY oatmeal?  I worked harder than him!  I should get more oatmeal!  And I shouldn't pay for any oatmeal for him!"  For fuck's sake, man.  Some of the money taken out of my paycheck pays for oatmeal for a hungry guy.  And maybe some of that oatmeal gets spilled, or is given to someone who could probably bust their ass and make enough money to buy their own oatmeal instead.  In the interest of fucking humanity, WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Give a fuck about other people.  If you don't, you've already written our society's death notice.  

No you don't.  Harris county had over 500 felonies committed by felons out on little or no bail last year.  Several murders, home invasions, you name it.  On average, more than 1/day.  Those were set by judges from your party.  Do you agree this is something we should just accept?  If not, are you going to change your voting or contributions to the party encouraging this?  Nope, didn't think so.  

• Fuck You 9

11 minutes ago, Goredho said:

In this thread, about mass shootings, they are arguing that society should protect its children who are too young and powerless to defend themselves against an AR-15.

No, its about voting.  Remember, every single R from suburban housewife to school board to the Supreme Court caused this.  CAUSED THIS.  It's in dozens and dozens of posts.  

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

At this point, he's just a fill in for all of the braindead fucking morons on texags trying to pass the blame to mental illness/the trans community/side doors/the gheys/fatherless households [read: the blacks]/lack of religion/anything but guns. I assume he revels in being our cathartic release, for whatever dumbass reason.

Lol.  I've never argued a single one of those, but please project.  Please tell me you aren't yet another substandard attorney on here fabricating views of mine. 

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty wants a world that caters to his every whim and for which he gets to contribute precisely zero to its upkeep. That's incredibly clear from his entire posting history

Nope, equality would be fine. 

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

But you have a much greater than mean income.  Your contribution should reflect that.

Agreed.  I'm down to pay the same % of it as everyone else. 

But back to the thread.  In the last week, we've had a random man amongst the children during PE, and a student bring an unloaded weapon to the middle school.  Don't want to discuss the first event because it will go hurr durr hardening immediately, but the second.  Anyone for prosecution of the parents of that child?  I think if parents were held liable, they would take access more seriously. Thoughts?

Going to have to stay busy in the hobbies forums to make up for all the love.  

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I can only hope one of his kids gets turned into goo in a school shooting so we can ask what he thinks about the shooter's choice of weapon and tactics, whether he thinks it was a Demmycrat hate crime, and whether he thinks the doors were locked. Fingers crossed!

You hope one of my children is murdered?  You seem completely sane. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I can only hope one of his kids gets turned into goo in a school shooting so we can ask what he thinks about the shooter's choice of weapon and tactics, whether he thinks it was a Demmycrat hate crime, and whether he thinks the doors were locked. Fingers crossed!

Don't forget the caliber of round used.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You hope one of my children is murdered?  You seem completely sane. 

hyperbole
[ hahy-pur-buh-lee ]

noun Rhetoric.

a. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

b. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally

Another example would be: Your children would be better off dead than having a father like you.

Just now, royiv said:

Don't forget the caliber of round used.

Shit, I knew I left something out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

hyperbole
[ hahy-pur-buh-lee ]

noun Rhetoric.

a. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

b. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally

Another example would be: Your children would be better off dead than having a father like you.

Shit, I knew I left something out.

You are a garbage human, and very obviously have a very light grasp on the meaning of hyperbole.   

Sounds a lot more like a little bitch that crossed the line, then hurried to hide back behind it, to me.  A stunted little bitch, if you will.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Not sure why you decided to sarcastically post this. Do you feel better?

I’ll take a stab at answering your question. It may be because many of the millions of people who reflexively offer thoughts and prayers in the aftermath of a mass shooting, may not be praying at all. And if they are, one wonders about the efficacy of their prayers since they are missing a very critical element to those of us understand that action should always accompany prayer. I can’t be the only person of faith who learned. the admonition to not only pray about it but to be about it. It’s clear, based on the tragic results we deal with daily is there are millions are praying people who aren’t doing much else.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Anyone for prosecution of the parents of that child?  I think if parents were held liable, they would take access more seriously. Thoughts?

Uh, yeah.  There are a ridiculous number of reasonable reforms that we could discuss, the vast majority of which would help reduce gun violence.  But the point remains - why fucking bother?  The GQP won't allow a single one of them to pass, which is the reason why you are a human pinata in this forum.  Until we get some of the GQP out of office or the existing GQP reps in Congress decide to start acting reasonably (not a fucking chance), it's just a waste of time.  

You are a garbage human, and very obviously have a very light grasp on the meaning of hyperbole.   

Sounds a lot more like a little bitch that crossed the line, then hurried to hide back behind it, to me.  A stunted little bitch, if you will.

oooh GIF

Paramount Network Oops GIF by Yellowstone

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Agreed.  I'm down to pay the same % of it as everyone else. 

But back to the thread.  In the last week, we've had a random man amongst the children during PE, and a student bring an unloaded weapon to the middle school.  Don't want to discuss the first event because it will go hurr durr hardening immediately, but the second.  Anyone for prosecution of the parents of that child?  I think if parents were held liable, they would take access more seriously. Thoughts?

Going to have to stay busy in the hobbies forums to make up for all the love.  

In my perfect world, every gun has a registered owner and the owner (as well as perpetrator, obviously, if different) is held liable for any crime committed with that gun.  Kid takes Dad's gun to school and kills 6 people, Dad is charged with 6 counts of murder.  Car is stolen with a gun loose in the backseat and then said gun is later used to rob a bank?  Tough luck, the owner of the car is now considered a bank robber.  For 99.9% of cases, truly responsible gun owners would never notice a difference.

But Chuckie?!?  What if a locksmith robs my house and breaks into my gun safe and then commits a crime???

That 0.1% should make you question how badly you really need this gun, IMO.  

Now, I don't need experts explaining why this would never work in our society... I get it.  But I do tend to think that if there were REAL consequences attached to irresponsible gun use, it may curb some of the insane behavior in this country.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

In my perfect world, every car gun has a registered owner and the owner (as well as perpetrator, obviously, if different) is held liable for any crime committed with that car gun.  Kid takes Dad's car gun to school and kills 6 people, Dad is charged with 6 counts of murder.  Car is stolen with a gun loose in the backseat and then said car gun is later used to rob a bank?  Tough luck, the owner of the car is now considered a bank robber.  For 99.9% of cases, truly responsible car gun owners would never notice a difference.

FIFY  Really a dumb take, Chuckie.

• Fuck You 4

No, its about voting.  Remember, every single R from suburban housewife to school board to the Supreme Court caused this.  CAUSED THIS.  It's in dozens and dozens of posts.  

So as an R that votes R, what have the people you have voted for done to address mass shootings?  What laws and policies have they put in place to address the issue at hand in this thread?  It doesn't have to be gun control.  It could be a measure to increase mental healthcare funding.  Or to provide funding for increased security at schools.  Show us how the people you vote for are working to solve this problem:

811487-blank-355.png

From my vantage point, I only see politicians of your ideology trying to delay any action, obfuscate the issue with culture war bullshit, and otherwise protect and deflect from guns at all costs -- all while collecting fat checks from the gun lobby.  So please, educate me.  Show me how the Republicans you vote for are instead actually working to make some meaningful difference in the rise of mass shootings in the US.

If you can't or won't, then that shows that you really just don't give a shit.  At least not enough to make it a priority on election day.  That doesn't mean you killed the kids in Nashville, but it damn sure means you are part of the fucking problem.

Just now, Goredho said:

So as an R that votes R, what have the people you have voted for done to address mass shootings?  What laws and policies have they put in place to address the issue at hand in this thread?  It doesn't have to be gun control.  It could be a measure to increase mental healthcare funding.  Or to provide funding for increased security at schools.  Show us how the people you vote for are working to solve this problem:

811487-blank-355.png

From my vantage point, I only see politicians of your ideology trying to delay any action, obfuscate the issue with culture war bullshit, and otherwise protect and deflect from guns at all costs -- all while collecting fat checks from the gun lobby.  So please, educate me.  Show me how the Republicans you vote for are instead actually working to make some meaningful difference in the rise of mass shootings in the US.

If you can't or won't, then that shows that you really just don't give a shit.  At least not enough to make it a priority on election day.  That doesn't mean you killed the kids in Nashville, but it damn sure means you are part of the fucking problem.

Republican politicians are actively trying to make more school shootings happen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Well, for starters, every car already has a registered owner.  If you would like guns to be treated/regulated like cars, I'd be happy to settle for that compromise.  

More importantly, a car's main purpose is transportation, not destruction.  Yes, cars can cause harm when used against their original purpose, but nobody purchases a car intending to do harm.  Even when used for perfectly innocent behavior, a gun is never used for anything other than to destroy something.

Pretending that guns are comparable to anything else in our world is the reason we cannot properly tackle this issue.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

811487-blank-355.png

It has literally been discussed in this thread, changes since Uvalde.  They are overlooked and not discussed because it's not good for the message. 

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Fucking Republicans and their bullshit false equivalencies.  You worried about getting jacked for your AR-15 the next time you try to intimidate some drag queens? 

The point remains - there should be some clear standards for how a responsible gun owner handles his weapons (especially high-capacity, high-velocity ones developed to maim/kill as quickly as possible), and if you don't meet those standards and someone ends up committing crimes with a weapon that they shouldn't have otherwise been able to get, you should be responsible for that. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, fattyflattie said:

It has literally been discussed in this thread, changes since Uvalde.  They are overlooked and not discussed because it's not good for the message. 

Dude, help me out here.  Link to some posts in this thread or news articles and otherwise show me the changes R's have made since Uvalde.  I'm an open minded person.  I'm willing to say, "Wow, I didn't know that.  I was wrong.  Sorry."  This is your chance to make headway with someone who isn't a left-wing zealot.

Just now, Goredho said:

Dude, help me out here.  Link to some posts in this thread or news articles and otherwise show me the changes R's have made since Uvalde.  I'm an open minded person.  I'm willing to say, "Wow, I didn't know that.  I was wrong.  Sorry."  This is your chance to make headway with someone who isn't a left-wing zealot.

Two words, man - SIDE. DOORS.  Abbott has been all over those side doors, and all the kids are so much safer for it ...

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

https://www.newsweek.com/senate-passes-first-gun-bill-28-years-it-does-less-1994-law-1718740

It's bi-partisan, and you can give the credit to the D (wgaf), the important thing is that it passed.  And I don't feel the need to convince you of anything.  I'd bet we agree on much of the end result, its the journey where we differ. 

• Fuck You 1

This thread is a good example of what's happened with the policy debate in this country. It just goes round and round and no one changes a mind. 

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

But I do tend to think that if there were REAL consequences attached to irresponsible gun use, it may curb some of the insane behavior in this country.

Agreed.  Now, we can invite the posters who don't believe (and have studies as backup) that penalties do not help deter crime.  Unless I'm misreading what you mean by REAL consequences.  In that case, please follow up. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Agreed.  Now, we can invite the posters who don't believe (and have studies as backup) that penalties do not help deter crime.  Unless I'm misreading what you mean by REAL consequences.  In that case, please follow up. 

Penalties for mass shooters don't deter mass shootings, dumbass. Are you not familiar with the concept of suicide by cop?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Penalties for mass shooters don't deter mass shootings, dumbass. Are you not familiar with the concept of suicide by cop?

Are you not concerned about gun violence that doesn't qualify for the moniker of "mass shooting", dumbass?   You know, like the conversation me and Chuckie were having before you decided to put your dick in the mashed potatoes?

• Fuck You 3

Typical arrogant, but slightly less long-winded Lobo take here:

Look at the Bill of Rights.  Actually read them and then commit them to memory as we had to in law school.  Not just the first two and the fifth one, and possibly the last one.  All ten.  Let them wash over you.  And then think real long and hard about when the U.S. economy became truly consumer driven, when we became an economic powerhouse, when industry truly took over.  I actually like that part.  And I like guns.  About 50 years ago, and really on the fast track-in the last 25 years---we convinced you that the most demonstrable way to be patriotic and believe in the Constitution was to monetize the one Amendment that has a retail component.  You can't monetize juries, or no quarter, or enumerations.  You need one gun with which to hunt, and one to protect your family.  The reason we have people with multiple AR-15's is because you're fucking stupid.  And we've managed to monetize it. 

You think it's a fucking coincidence that the one retail amendment is the one most equated with being "patriotic."  Fucking Christ, you people are fucking stupider than I thought and I already think you're beyond fucking stupid.  You own 8 weapons because we told you it means you're ultra pro-America.  How many can you use at once shit for brains?  I'm giving the playbook here.  We told you to buy 10 guns and you did so we could make more money.  There's no fucking TV commercials or direct mail pieces because it was rigged to use the "Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution" as the sole, solitary marketing piece.  How the fuck do you morons not see this?  Yes, we need to stand against an oppressive government that would certainly wipe us out.  Yes, we can hunt.  Yes, we should be able to defend our family and home.  The rest is just shit we invented to make money off stupid people.  It's fucking retail monetization meant to exploit your need to seem patriotic.  How the fuck do you not see it?  It's the most obvious ruse in America.

• Hook 'Em 1

Are you not concerned about gun violence that doesn't qualify for the moniker of "mass shooting", dumbass?   You know, like the conversation me and Chuckie were having before you decided to put your dick in the mashed potatoes?

Check the topic of this thread, you fucking selfish piece of shit. At least I have a dick to stick in the mashed potatoes and don't need an arsenal of ARs to compensate.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

https://www.newsweek.com/senate-passes-first-gun-bill-28-years-it-does-less-1994-law-1718740

It's bi-partisan, and you can give the credit to the D (wgaf), the important thing is that it passed.  And I don't feel the need to convince you of anything.  I'd bet we agree on much of the end result, its the journey where we differ. 

So some very small measures, and even these tiny measures were voted against 33-15 by Republican senators. Yeah, the Repubs def aren't the problem at all. Funding for states to administer red flag laws, but of course all the states run by Repubs, you know, like Tennessee, the latest site of 9-year-old brains drying on school linoleum, don't have said laws because MUH RIGHTS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’ll take a stab at answering your question. It may be because many of the millions of people who reflexively offer thoughts and prayers in the aftermath of a mass shooting, may not be praying at all. And if they are, one wonders about the efficacy of their prayers since they are missing a very critical element to those of us understand that action should always accompany prayer. I can’t be the only person of faith who learned. the admonition to not only pray about it but to be about it. It’s clear, based on the tragic results we deal with daily is there are millions are praying people who aren’t doing much else.

I understood why he said it. He said it in jest. TO me. Anyway, we cleared it up. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So this bi-partisan bill?

image.thumb.png.4c9957d5142bbd40120a7a8af10dacb9.png

So you presumably think this was a great measure with an appreciable effect on the problem, or you wouldn't be throwing it out as evidence that Republicans are doing something about the rise of mass shootings.

How, then, do you reconcile in your mind that only 6% of the Republicans members of the house voted for this awesome piece of meaningful legislation?  Is Tony Gonzalez your representative?  Did you vote for him in both primary and general election?  Did you withhold any votes from Republicans that voted against this measure?

• Hook 'Em 4

This is what I’ve been told about this Tennessee shooting from right wing people in my social circle:

“See how those hero cops responded!  They’ve learned their lesson and another Uvalde will never happen again!”

”Maybe if we weren’t spending so much money on Ukraine we could afford to arm our teachers and make our schools harder to break into!”

”That murdering trans bitch!!!”

These are people with fucking JD’s and Masters’ degrees living in Houston and San Antonio and DFW, not guys who dropped out of HS living in Vidor.  

I have zero hope that we will see meaningful positive change on this issue any time in the next 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Stupid fuck, the laws on bail in Texas are written by the Legislature, which has been Republican for 30+ years, and almost all of those people can't legally be denied bail under those Republican laws. SO motherfucking tired of people opining on bail who literally have zero clue about the law or the purpose of bail - HINT, it is to release people from jail, not keep them in. 

Yet we only seem to have that problem in one fucking place.  Crazy, I know. Just terrible luck, I guess. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My point is that blaming inanimate objects for the bad shit that evil people do is a losing argument.  Guns, cars, knives, swords, rocks, baseball bats, bulldozers... there is no limit. 

Okay yes, there was one fucking mass murder committed by a bulldozer.  

Oh wait, that was the opening montage in "Maximum Overdrive"........otherwise you lose the debate!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, YGIFS said:

Okay yes, there was one fucking mass murder committed by a bulldozer.  

Oh wait, that was the opening montage in "Maximum Overdrive"........otherwise you lose the debate!

Fuck yeah, great movie.

And this thread is predictably useless because the gun nuts who chime in are predictably evil and astonishingly stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yet we only seem to have that problem in one fucking place.  Crazy, I know. Just terrible luck, I guess. 

Your opinion is that people out on bail only commit crimes in Harris County? Are you literally this stupid? Can you read the fucking law? Are you aware the U.S. Constitution places restrictions on bail, in addition to the restrictions imposed by the U.S. Supreme Court and the Republican Texas Legislature?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So you presumably think this was a great measure with an appreciable effect on the problem, or you wouldn't be throwing it out as evidence that Republicans are doing something about the rise of mass shootings.

How, then, do you reconcile in your mind that only 6% of the Republicans members of the house voted for this awesome piece of meaningful legislation?  Is Tony Gonzalez your representative?  Did you vote for him in both primary and general election?  Did you withhold any votes from Republicans that voted against this measure?

I think any changes towards progress are good.  You will never get meaningful reforms passed in large chunks.  This will have to be incrementally chipped away at.  Would you rather it not passed?

• Fuck You 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I think any changes towards progress are good.  You will never get meaningful reforms passed in large chunks.  This will have to be incrementally chipped away at.  Would you rather it not passed?

Nope, not at all.  Any response to the following?

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Your opinion is that people out on bail only commit crimes in Harris County? Are you literally this stupid? Can you read the fucking law? Are you aware the U.S. Constitution places restrictions on bail, in addition to the restrictions imposed by the U.S. Supreme Court and the Republican Texas Legislature?

I am aware. Are you under the impression there is not a group making a mockery of it?  The $1 bail discussion on this board out front should have shown you. 

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-1-dollar-bond/285-83ad89bb-0b37-4bbc-b069-9877af01c46f

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1