Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

New education law out of our esteemed legislature.  All Texas public high schools must offer, though as an elective, to Seniors-a semester long gun safety course.  No required driver's ed., but gun ed.  I'm all for more safety and education.

But think about your 18yo with Senioritis.  

1.  Another class I have to study for or:

2.  Just wait until I turn 18 and I have own any gun I want, open carry it with no nerdy books or tests, and spend 6th period in study hall or taking theater to finally get with Sally Weaver.  

Edited by YGIFS

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There’s also the fact that whenever the NRA holds a big event or when the Republicans hold a large gathering, guns are strictly prohibited. Prohibited? They should be required. No one gets in without an AR-15 and at least 240 rounds of ammunition. That way they can ensure that the space will be extra super safe. 

Well because you see then a false flag operation by ANTIFA!!! would show up and start shooting everyone and it would be all to make the conservative gun owners look bad.  Can't risk that.

So in the U.S. House you can completely lie to get elected, spout Q-Anon, call the other side of the aisle pedophiles, and *crickets*. In TN House, if you dare to be a voice of children gunned down in school, you get this:

54 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So in the U.S. House you can completely lie to get elected, spout Q-Anon, call the other side of the aisle pedophiles, and *crickets*. In TN House, if you dare to be a voice of children gunned down in school, you get this:

As posted in the Tennessee thread, it's even worse.  You can literally assault teenage girls and stay as long as you have an R by your name.

• Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Honestly, with the current inability to restrict teenagers from legally purchasing weapons, I'm all for a legit gun safety course in high school.  

Do you know how many kids cut themselves with the power saw in shop class while horsing around? It’s why a lot of shop teachers are missing multiple digits or have mini hit dog fingers. 

3 steps in mass shootings and what can be reasonably be done about it:

1. Person is allowed to harbor sick violent thoughts they intend to act upon.  We need a massive “see something, say something” campaign designed to ensure these sick people are not ignored and that warning signs are acted upon.  We also need to increase resources allocated to mental health education in schools and community mental health services.

2. Person with sick violent thoughts they intend to act upon is able to easily acquire guns and ammo designed to kill many people quickly. Require a license and background check commiserate with the type of weapon a person wants to own.  AR15s and the like should require a “drivers Ed” level training course that includes mental health evaluation by the instructor.  Ownership of a gun designed to kill human beings should require insurance.  Guns and ammo should be heavily heavily taxed.  Gun and ammo manufacturers should be held liable for mass shootings.

3. Heavily armed person with sick violent thoughts they intend to act upon is able to access schools or other crowded areas and kill many people before help can arrive.  Schools should be locked at all times with one controlled access point staffed by a security guard or LEO.  Districts should be held criminally liable for security lapses (I.e. if you leave the side door unlocked it’s your ass).  All staff should be trained on how to handle active shooter situations (I believe this is already happening).

It is totally mind boggling that any of this is in any way objectionable.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Thank you. There was a misconception because of the Houston event. That was secret service policy for former president dipshit.

Thanks for the clarification.

You're welcome. The misunderstanding is understandable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

If you want to support 2A and call this an outlier, fuck you, eat shit, and die already. I'm done with your "most of us are responsible" nonsense.

So we're clear, you saw one guy, and don't believe that is the absolute definition of an outlier?  Seems reasonable. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So we're clear, you saw one guy, and don't believe that is the absolute definition of an outlier?  Seems reasonable. 

Not when people like you support them at every corner. It’s the culture you participate in without ever holding the supposed “outliers” accountable through reasonable regulation. Used to be you couldn’t carry a weapon near a school. All thrown out because the 2a religion. The school literally had to email parents that they couldn’t do anything about it. She has all sorts of support now by the way. This is not an outlier when people love it a droves. FUCK YOU!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Do you know how many kids cut themselves with the power saw in shop class while horsing around? It’s why a lot of shop teachers are missing multiple digits or have mini hit dog fingers. 

We had belt sanders across the shop from each other and our shop teacher would sleep in his office often. Many many times there were wars that involved launching stuff off the belts at each other.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This changed? When, and how close?  I’m guessing it’s the exact distance it always was. 

Well federal law says 1000 feet of a school, but guess what, it has an exception for people licensed to carry under state law, and our shithole state says you don’t need a license to be considered “licensed” ‘cause muh freedumbs and how dare anyone even suggest regulating a machine that regularly mows down dozens of people in a matter of seconds. This cunt was literally across the street from the gym door where my 5 year old enters the school. Probably 25 feet, at most. So again, fuck you shithead.

0C1CD984-8CE0-436D-B299-2533CDB77EC0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lulz. Hope it makes you feel better. 

It does. Eat shit you pathetic cocksucker.

The guy lost 68%-32%. The cunt is probably still at the bar chugging busch lights laughing at all the "lib tears" she caused the parents who are infuriated, again, a day after another local school was locked down to contain a gun threat.

These are the people you like voting for your candidates. This is who you are. Fuck off. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

There may be riots if that is successful 

If successful, there should be more than mere riots.

Naked disenfranchisement and denying people the benefit of the rule of law? That’s how you opt into the rule of…not law. It’s dumb as shit, but we’ve committed ourselves to that path.

46 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit. In a German town in Southern Brazil. I guess even with Bolsonaro gone, Brazil is still trying to emulate the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65192957.amp

Just saw this, Blumenau is an awesome little town up in the hills. Great Octoberfest every year, good grub, cool folks. 
Just crazy to attack and kill kids with a fucking axe. 

Just saw this, Blumenau is an awesome little town up in the hills. Great Octoberfest every year, good grub, cool folks. 
Just crazy to attack and kill kids with a fucking axe. 

Yeah. Horrific.

I meant to add in my hasty post that it wasn’t a shooting. And instead of talking about people’s mental health, the religiously 2A people will use this terrible event as a talking point about it’s not guns.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

21 hours ago, 'stache said:

Well federal law says 1000 feet of a school, but guess what, it has an exception for people licensed to carry under state law, and our shithole state says you don’t need a license to be considered “licensed” ‘cause muh freedumbs and how dare anyone even suggest regulating a machine that regularly mows down dozens of people in a matter of seconds. This cunt was literally across the street from the gym door where my 5 year old enters the school. Probably 25 feet, at most. So again, fuck you shithead.

0C1CD984-8CE0-436D-B299-2533CDB77EC0.jpeg

They want to normalize open carry so that even kids want to do it.   Groomers, thy name is 2A assholes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah. Horrific.

I meant to add in my hasty post that it wasn’t a shooting. And instead of talking about people’s mental health, the religiously 2A people will use this terrible event as a talking point about it’s not guns.

Yep.  I've already seen it on Facebook.  Stupid morons.

I was going to post this in the carry thread, but I figured heads would explode with xenophobic thoughts.

I was talking the PCM of our business unit at work (oil company). He is Bolivian and lived in Peru then Spain for 4 years before moving to Houston for the past 1.5 years. He says to me that his wife isn’t sure how long she wants to stay here in the US because the guns and school shootings. They went to the store the other day (not sure which store, they live in the Woodlands) and someone was open carrying and it really freaked his wife out. They have two kids (5 and 2). I really couldn’t say anything but shake my head and say I understand.

Cue ana or some other dipshit citing gun violence in Bolivia and Peru.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

Where I live now (Singapore) there hasn’t been a homicide by gun in 20+ years. This is basically a country that is the size of Austin with a population larger than Houston.

Gun ownership and Crime rates here are both incredibly low. How can that be? If the reason for guns is to stop the bad guys, in a country with no guns, how can there be no crime?

Perhaps it’s the fucking guns?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Where I live now (Singapore) there hasn’t been a homicide by gun in 20+ years. This is basically a country that is the size of Austin with a population larger than Houston.

Gun ownership and Crime rates here are both incredibly low. How can that be? If the reason for guns is to stop the bad guys, in a country with no guns, how can there be no crime?

Ask @Handcruser. He says guns reduce the risk of conflict.

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have a vision for a website that digs into the "total cost" of these mass shootings. We get the headline number of number killed. That's bad enough. We don't get clear numbers on:

- number injured and severity (doctor's bills, loss of income)
- emotional distress causes by the shooting (counseling costs, loss of income, etc.)
- property damage caused (they are going to tear down and build an entirely new school in Uvalde)
- settlements

In the Sutherland Springs case, legislation says you can't go after the gun manufacturers. But the American taxpayer gets hit for $127 million (and yes, the USAF should have reported the history).

One guy with a $1,000 rifle took all those lives and also led to $125 million+ in damages in a span of five minutes. It's terrorism and Republicans are soft on mass shootings.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:18 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

spacer.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Ba'ath_Party_Purge

Don’t even get into a fear discussion.  That’s too subjective 

if more good guys with guns is the solution than shouldn’t the country with the most good guys and the most guns be the safest place?   Simple fucking question, yes or no?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is so weird to me.  It seems based on fear and inflicting fear upon others.  Doesn't seem like a great way to run a society to me.

These people make their living trading in fear. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I would trade a good chunk of my gun rights back if the US would treat criminals the way Singapore does.  Punishment not a deterrent my ass. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I would trade a good chunk of my gun rights back if the US would treat criminals the way Singapore does.  Punishment not a deterrent my ass. 

Yeah, US prisons are a real cakewalk!  Most mass shooters are expecting to die anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. "A good chunk." Can't give them all up, can you? 

• Hook 'Em 1