Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

Fair point, but Singapore is largely anecdotal.  It's a city-state with one common set of criminal laws.  It's apples to oranges, I admit.  They're caning for gum chewing and execution for drug violations are infamous, but not indicative of the fact that they have nothing compared to our criminal-judicial-incarceration complex.  

When you add up all the criminal laws (misdemeanor and felony) that are federal goverment and 50 states have on the books on a per capita basis, nobody has more "Anti-Crime" shit in writing than the United States of America.  And all this Soros-DA stuff aside, nobody makes more arrests and puts more people in front of a judge, per capita, than the United States.  And our incarceration rates should answer any concerns you may have on whether or not we lock up enough bad people.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

My new tag line:

A moment of silence for the  people of (insert name of city where most recent gun violence is occurring) who give their lives today to protect the 2nd amendment, gun industry profits and the value of guns over people.”

i had an epiphany a couple of weeks ago after watching 'Waco', realizing that cults always involve people sacrificing their children, and that is what we have in this country, a cult of gun fetishists, so of course sacrificing some kids (and others of course) is acceptable. 

a guest on Real Time last week also explained it that^ way...i.e. we have to put up with nazis and others espousing their views bc of the first amendment, thus we also have to put up with a few (dozen) kids and bystanders getting their faces blown off every week or so bc of the second amendment. 

i mean it all makes sense when you think of it like that, right? 

9792500e5b4915dfc021fc83e5147a31_4675881bcb94d598a4f1af336653b11c.jpg

VengefulQuestionableInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

200w (13).gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Still can’t wrap my mind around Texas being associated with these people in anyway shape or form:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/mass-shooting-in-louisville/107649541/

Those people don’t think any differently than fans of tech, ou, kansas, or wvu. I would also argue there’s a pretty significant portion of our fanbase who also thinks the same way. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Those people don’t think any differently than fans of tech, ou, kansas, or wvu. I would also argue there’s a pretty significant portion of our fanbase who also thinks the same way. 

Yes they do.  They’re a cut above. That site is a petri dish of ignorance, a bouillabaisse of bigotry, hellhole of hate and a cauldron of crazy, comprised of contributors from all Sec schools. It’s disturbing to see that much ignorance and stupidity in one place.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What Pancho said

“This was an evil act of targeted violence,” said Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, who knew one of the victims, at a press conference. He noted that he is himself the survivor of a workplace shooting, and that another shooting occurred near the bank at the same time, hammering home the shocking regularity of gun violence in America.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/breaking-louisville-bank-mass-shooting-suspect-identified/

That link includes a link to the person's LinkedIn page. Don't understand. Alabama grad with a master's degree in Finance, 23 years old, just starting his career. Guy had his whole life ahead of him, but chose to go down this path. 

I'm not sure when it happened, but this is now something I think about a lot when I'm out, anywhere. HEB, sporting events, the gym.... I can tell you that never happened 5-10 years ago but it happens all the time now. Looking for the closest exit, watching people probably too closely, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ho hum

My understanding is that we cannot have laws like that because some people also want to take away all guns. I know, I don't get it either, I'm just repeating what has been said over and over here by the pro-mass shooting crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Yes they do.  They’re a cut above. That site is a petri dish of ignorance, a bouillabaisse of bigotry, hellhole of hate and a cauldron of crazy, comprised of contributors from all Sec schools. It’s disturbing to see that much ignorance and stupidity in one place.

The website admins purged many dissenting voices about five years ago.  I was one of them.  The forum did not organically become that way. Despite warnings, they pushed Qanon there the whole time Trump was in office (for the clicks!).  The site is full of “christian” nationalists now and a lost cause not worthy of attempting to fix. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm not sure when it happened, but this is now something I think about a lot when I'm out, anywhere. HEB, sporting events, the gym.... I can tell you that never happened 5-10 years ago but it happens all the time now. Looking for the closest exit, watching people probably too closely, etc. 

Yep.  Same.  It's fucked up.

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ho hum

@Bama Chick, it gets worse...

[Louisville gunman] attended the University of Alabama from the fall of 2016 through December 2020, according to Shane Dorrill, UA’s assistant director of communications.

[Louisville gunman] completed his undergraduate studies with a double major in finance and economics. He then received a Master’s of Science Degree, also from the University of Alabama.

26 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Alabama grad with a master's degree in Finance, 23 years old, just starting his career. Guy had his whole life ahead of him, but chose to go down this path. 

So, was he close buddies with Brandon Miller?

35 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah speaking of non-applicability.  Singapore has about the same square mileage as Austin with about the same population as Houston.  But as long as we are bringing in irrelevant comparisons into the conversation, Singapore also has legalized whores.

Unless it's changed, yes and no.  They had something similar to whatever area Nevada does.  You can (could, been awhile since I worked there and maybe it's since changed) legally go to the fishbowls in Geylang, but not along Joo Chait, for example.  Even though Joo Chait was full of whores, and the little bar/brothels, they were not the legal, sanctioned places.  I'm not familiar with any of it past that, and it may have changed since then.  At least that's how our local counsel explained it to us during our keep out of trouble you dumbasses meeting.   Narrator: the divers did not keep out of trouble. 

The UK is very diverse.
The UK is not known for being soft on crime.
That said, the Uk doesn’t imprison nearly as high a percentage of its population as we do.
UK murder rate: 11.7 per million.
US murder rate: 78 per million.
The disparity of gun homicides is even more stark.

So, racially diverse, not even as tough on crime as we are…with a fraction of the murder/gun homicide rate.

Hmmm….wonder what’s different here? It’s a mystery, guess we’ll never know!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

download(2).jpeg.85f57b081a56ca792782ffc186bfac98.jpeg

• Haha 1

College Station says hold our sheep...

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Still can’t wrap my mind around Texas being associated with these people in anyway shape or form:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/mass-shooting-in-louisville/107649541/

Mbeloso iconLSU.gif
LSU Fan
Gonzales
Member since Dec 2019
531 posts

re: Mass shooting In LouisvillePosted on 4/10/23 at 10:03 am to Placekicker
Dude at this point is it speculation that these are paid actors doing these things? In order to further political agendas.

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:
Mbeloso iconLSU.gif
LSU Fan
Gonzales
Member since Dec 2019
531 posts

re: Mass shooting In LouisvillePosted on 4/10/23 at 10:03 am to Placekicker
Dude at this point is it speculation that these are paid actors doing these things? In order to further political agendas.

How much does one pay an actor to take a bullet? 

Ah, surprised it took this long to bring up the "crisis actor" conspiracy theory.  I believe that there have been people wound up by third parties to get angry and buy weapons and take lives.  That part is true.

What I have a bit of a challenge with is there are 'actors' out there who take a meeting with their agent and the agent asks, 

"Okay.  I know you don't want to be type-cast but are eager for work.  So I've got this infomercial for a drug company.  I've got a line on this hulu show.  Or I can get you shot three times at a bank in Louisville."  Even if you believe they were crisis actors, work it backwards for me and explain how they got there.  

^^^ Ah, I can see it now. Guns don't kill people. Concussions kill people. If can just tackle the concussion problem in this country, we'll be good. 

I would think you're wasting your money on crisis actors since the only thing that moves the needle now is if it's a transgender person or a black person as the shooter. No one cares if it's a white dude shooting everyone. Because....insert Childish Gambino gif here. 

Edited by mdmost

Alas, Chuck Schumer is no LBJ, so we can't even get a bullshit and barely worth the effort shell of a bill like he managed to get passed in 1957 for Civil Rights.

ETA: "barely worth it" pretty much in hindsight only, at that

Edited by safe sex

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shooter was a former HS small-town basketball star in Indiana, who apparently suffered enough concussions in middle/high school that he wore a helmet in basketball games.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/louisville-bank-massacre-suspect-idd-as-ex-varsity-star-connor-sturgeon

I think they would literally outlaw youth sports before imposing any common sense restrictions on guns. 

13 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think they would literally outlaw youth sports before imposing any common sense restrictions on guns. 

You might be on to something. Let’s say we either keep HS football OR we keep nearly unrestricted access to guns. I’d honestly be curious how that would shake out if people were forced to choose.

44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Are we ever going to be shamed into stopping the very preventable  gun slaughter of innocent Americans?

20 schools kids were slaughtered and Americans didn’t do shit. 

Things won’t change until people start killing Congressman’s kids, and even then our stupid country probably won’t do shit. The average citizens needs to start shaming their friends and family for owning guns, but most people aren’t willing to destroy their social circles. There are threads on this site where people jerk off to their toy guns. How many times are they challenged? Confronted? People are unwilling to rock the boat. 

So no, nothing ever will change. Send your kids to school in Canada 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

20 schools kids were slaughtered and Americans didn’t do shit. 

Things won’t change until people start killing Congressman’s kids, and even then our stupid country probably won’t do shit. The average citizens needs to start shaming their friends and family for owning guns, but most people aren’t willing to destroy their social circles. There are threads on this site where people jerk off to their toy guns. How many times are they challenged? Confronted? People are unwilling to rock the boat. 

So no, nothing ever will change. Send your kids to school in Canada 

TO be fair, I think if rich bankers started dropping like flies some things would change pretty quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3

TO be fair, I think if rich bankers started dropping like flies some things would change pretty quickly.
I'm about to go full brisket here...

It wouldn't make a shit. Someone could pull a full-on Fight Club Operation Mayhem coordinated attack on both houses of Congress, SCOTUS, and every Fortune 500 CEO. The next day they'd fortify their houses and hire more security for the replacements.

America simply loves guns more than it loves Americans.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, tchookem said:

I'm about to go full brisket here...

It wouldn't make a shit. Someone could pull a full-on Fight Club Operation Mayhem coordinated attack on both houses of Congress, SCOTUS, and every Fortune 500 CEO. The next day they'd fortify their houses and hire more security for the replacements.

America simply loves guns more than it loves Americans.

American politicians love using guns as their most successful tool for division. You can bet your ass if they start getting used en masse to mow down rich people they would receive plenty of dollarydoos motivation to enact change.

Imagine the Monday morning after Easter, you're a field correspondent for the local Louisville affiliate of ABC or NBC or whatever.  You're already downtown covering the bank mass shooting and your producer shouts in your ear, "Get to the shooting site!"  And you reply, "I'm already fucking here doing b-roll, calm down."  And they explain to you that no, there's been another active shooter event in central Louisville and you've got to move the fucking van.  By the third one after lunch, you're just like, "Fuck, this might as well happen..."  

Easter Monday in Louisville, America.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

“This was an evil act of targeted violence,” said Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, who knew one of the victims, at a press conference. He noted that he is himself the survivor of a workplace shooting, and that another shooting occurred near the bank at the same time, hammering home the shocking regularity of gun violence in America.

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/breaking-louisville-bank-mass-shooting-suspect-identified/

That link includes a link to the person's LinkedIn page. Don't understand. Alabama grad with a master's degree in Finance, 23 years old, just starting his career. Guy had his whole life ahead of him, but chose to go down this path. 

Why do you think he had any real choice?