• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

47 minutes ago, ABSR said:

And it was borrowed at 0% interest I believe, with no required pay back schedule.   So State funded dollars were "loaned" at no interest and with no payback requirement to their athletic department in 2005.  Nothing has been paid back.  We know aggy has no real oversight/auditing, but doesn't the State of Texas?

I sort of vaguely recall it was around $65Megabucks, so if we just add that to Jimbo's buyout severance of around $78Megabucks, we can include the difference - well, or the sum - of $13Megabucks - or $148 Megabucks - to the bottom line. Advantage aggy.

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

When the UT Athletic dept gives funds to UT academics, does it go into a general fund, or does it go to a specific need?

I would assume general fund, which could then be allocated as the academic side sees fit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, sdm said:

Didn't know RC had a reputation as a philanderer.

Really?  His prior wife served him either (a) divorce papers or (b) his clothes in a suitcase on the practice field, depending on who you believe.  He ended up marrying his secretary that (he wasn't banging on the side).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Slocum previously served as Texas A&M's interim AD in 2019, when Scott Woodward—Bjork's predecessor—left the Aggies for LSU. Slocum is a member of the College Football Playoff selection committee.

https://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/rc-slocum-texas-am-18622137.php

Its real man, fucking hilarious.

Dude was a cheater who got busted by the ncaa. Then was fucking his secretary. Sounds exactly like the type aggy wants representing them. 

Art Briles is probably on their short list for the permanent position. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 hours ago, linux said:

Its a grade A tragedy that there are only 4 "slocum on a mobile" on youtube. I want to listen to the one where he coined the gulf coast offense.

Yeah that one and the one after the Tech game in 2001 where he coined the term West Texas Dirt Monkeys were the best sadly I cannot find those.

5 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Plot Summary: 100 years of getting their shit kicked in by Texas led to the Aggies running to the SEC in hopes of a new start. Unfortunately for our protagonist, they got their shit kicked in by everyone in the SEC. Then in a stunning plot twist, 12 years later their arch rival Texas comes in to join the party and kick their shit in again. The tragedy reaches its thrilling climax when the Aggies are relegated to the Mountain West where they become Appalachian State's bitch. 

* Sun Belt

Appalachia and Boone, NC, isn't west, sir

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Hope they don't think this is a long term solution as he turns 80 this fall.  

"if he dies, there's no buyout!"

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

UKqN4Ky.gif

reported for politics on the football board ;) 

He started the tradition of leaning on UTIMCO and THECB to let A&M get away with shit that other colleges couldn't for reasons.  I did not see that proud "tradition" continuing on to this day though.  

But speaking of Aggie character, or lack thereof, say what you will about Slocum---but I think he's a decent guy FWIW.  As was Sumlin.  But Sherrill, Franchione, Sherman, Fischer, Loftin, Young, and Sharp.  They're all just fucking confidence men with little result to show for it.  They recognized a sea of marks and did whatever the fuck they wanted to do and got well in the meantime.  Not even judging, I'd do the same fucking thing were I in their shoes.  

3 minutes ago, TOR said:

It is a traveshamockery that Jimbo is not the new tOSU corch.

Give it time. Pedo Day is bound to be on the hot seat.

Or with Bjork there, he may be due for a 10-year $200MM extension.  Would be a bargain compared to Jimbo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Give it time. Pedo Day is bound to be on the hot seat.

Or with Bjork there, he may be due for a 10-year $200MM extension.  Would be a bargain compared to Jimbo. 

Plot twist:  Day gets canned and Jimbo gets the 10-year $200mm deal.  TAMU would have to extend Elko to 10 years, $300mm just to show they can spend more.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1