Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

My bad, I guess I was thinking to this year's Santa Clara game.  So the two semifinals games serve as their respective bowl games as well, but the title game also gets to co-host a regular bowl game before title week?  Got it.  We may make it then, but I don't see how A&M ends up there.  
What if a nuclear strike or meteorite takes out 40 or so FBS programs? Did you consider that?

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It's fun to start paying attention to this shit again because we seem to be turning a corner back to serious post-season chatter.  

Yeah, next year's bowl season will have me with two daughters instead of one.  Not gonna do NOLA.  Unless of course, it's the title game. 

So looks like the Big XII rotation would be CFP (if qualified), Sugar Bowl (for champion if not in CFP, runner-up if champion heads to CFP), possibly a 2nd or 3rd team (slim chance) from the league heading to a NY6 at large spot in Cotton (most likely) or even Orange.  Then Alamo, CampingWorld, Texas-Houston, Liberty, Cheez-It, and Armed Forces.  

31 minutes ago, F250 said:

The Citadel also lost to Clemson and Alabama. The Citadel is going to the championship.

Citadel is real army too

and I wonder who could have possibly felt the need to add this useless tidbit to The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina's wiki page...?

he South Carolina Corps of Cadets numbers 2,350 and (along with the Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets) is one of the largest uniformed bodies in the U.S

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Citadel,_The_Military_College_of_South_Carolina

• Like 1

Uniformed Bodies?  It means eventual military service at the Citadel.  At A&M, it means you couldn't get a bid to a sorority.  

I know we used to call them the Uniformed Services in this country, the ID's even said as much.  But in this day and age to avoid confusion with dress-up clubs, the majority of Citadel students via ROTC will go on to Armed Forces/Military service.  At A&M, it just means your deposit check cleared at the costume rental shop.  

let looch know that, while Texas remains prominently in the national discussion on EVERY 2018 college football wrap up show, exactly no one is mentioning aggy whatsoever. 

And 2019 has started with a bang so far the as the "sips" have won a bigger game already this year than aggy has ever played in in their history. 

Edited by TtomTerrific
  • Like 2

That's not an aggy ... no gigantic secsecsec logo. I think that's Amarillo Tascosa.

He actually ended up being a great dude. Graduated aggy in ‘94, actually took a commission into the Army, and flew blackhawks for almost 16 years. Now, he does wear his ring, but he’s one of the rare ones who rolled his eyes when I mentioned Jimbo, next year, etc. Dyed in the wool two percenter, who’s a combat veteran. I say he gets a pass.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Outside of the CCG, where a loss should not be counted against a program ffs, Texas went 10-3 against FBS programs while atm went 7-4.

I mean sure, we can spin it our way and he can spin it his way.

The sad thing is though, is that even his 'mike drop' moment his spin is rather weak sauce. We still beat higher ranked teams than he did, even if you just don't mention the horrible wins on their resume.

Why he wastes his time talking to UT fans is a mystery really. He has to to know we are just trying to make him react to us and look stupid. Lose-lose for him.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, Homesickhorn said:

He actually ended up being a great dude. Graduated aggy in ‘94, actually took a commission into the Army, and flew blackhawks for almost 16 years. Now, he does wear his ring, but he’s one of the rare ones who rolled his eyes when I mentioned Jimbo, next year, etc. Dyed in the wool two percenter, who’s a combat veteran. I say he gets a pass.

No more rep for today ... there are a few cool ones out there, you just have to look.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

No more rep for today ... there are a few cool ones out there, you just have to look.

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool. It is mostly their media and athletic department propaganda I hate more than the actual grads (or especially most of their coaches and players)...and I guess whomever laps up that garbage.

Edited by Valmy77

30 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool. It is mostly their media and athletic department propaganda I hate more than the actual grads (or especially most of their coaches and players)...and I guess whomever laps up that garbage.

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool too, but it's often made me wonder something - not just about Aggies but about human nature in general: do all of the reasonable people with different view than ours act the same way and stand up for the same things among their peers, with their filters off, or do a completely different side of them come out?

I have no doubt some of my Aggie friends are exactly the same level-headed people they seem to be, no matter who they're with.  Then again, I have no doubt some of my seemingly sane Aggie friends are probably the most delusional idiots on TexAgs.   You never know what lurks in the heart of man and the downfall of society brings out all the strange.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The sad thing is though, is that even his 'mike drop' moment his spin is rather weak sauce. We still beat higher ranked teams than he did, even if you just don't mention the horrible wins on their resume.

Why he wastes his time talking to UT fans is a mystery really. He has to to know we are just trying to make him react to us and look stupid. Lose-lose for him.

Because he's a fucking idiot. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Your last sentence I think is a fundamentally wrong. No matter what he says, or how badly he gets pants'd on the internet, his fan base will think he had a mic drop comment and he just eviscerated a longhorn. He could post his own dildo gif and attempt to spin how it's actually a compliment, and those morons would lap it up like nectar and declare him winner of all the Internets. It's not a lose/lose, it's a Can't Lose. 

Allow me to present you Texags fan in a series of gifs:

ForkedCleanAttwatersprairiechicken-max-1

tumblr_niqrjlssTf1qi26lwo3_540.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hooky Hornstein said:

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool too, but it's often made me wonder something - not just about Aggies but about human nature in general: do all of the reasonable people with different view than ours act the same way and stand up for the same things among their peers, with their filters off, or do a completely different side of them come out?

I have no doubt some of my Aggie friends are exactly the same level-headed people they seem to be, no matter who they're with.  Then again, I have no doubt some of my seemingly sane Aggie friends are probably the most delusional idiots on TexAgs.   You never know what lurks in the heart of man and the downfall of society brings out all the strange.

All of the aggy grads that I've come across have been hardcore geeks.  I'm stupider for having been around them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I’ve been enjoying these reviews for almost a week now. I can’t believe that there isn’t an aggy somewhere in the corporate hierarchy of Academy that’s put the kibosh on it yet. 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

We wrote them all, you tit. 

Please tell me one of you glorious bastards are putting these on aggypedia. Classic. 

1 hour ago, Hooky Hornstein said:

Most of the A&M grads I know in real life are cool, and pretty much none of them post on any internet message boards at all.

Not sure if we can infer anything from that, or not. :)

yeah, i am only close with two, and they are both sort of anti everything you associate with aggy (conservative, conformist, etc). aging hippies, really, very cool dudes...

but... when we start talking football they DO revert to standard talking points, 'BDF' vs sec, strength of schedule, etc. 🙄

i don't think they can help themselves

• Like 1

Y’all already know this, but one of my best friends since grade school played baseball at aggy. He most certainly gets a pass due to the fact that he and his brother (who played baseball on the National Championship Longhorn baseball team) beat the ever living dogshit out of Lucci and three or four aggy football players in front of the chicken.

• Like 5

My boss is an aggy (played baseball there). He’s OK and gives UT credit, but it always comes with subtle mentions of Texas not having to play in their tough SEC conference (football and baseball).  

Edited by EZ$

Just now, Homesickhorn said:

Y’all already know this, but one of my best friends since grade school played baseball at aggy. He most certainly gets a pass due to the fact that he beat the ever living dogshit out of Lucc, as well as three or four aggy football players in front of the chicken.

lol...if you've written about the details of this incident before, I'd love a link...

55 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Y’all already know this, but one of my best friends since grade school played baseball at aggy. He most certainly gets a pass due to the fact that he and his brother (who played baseball on the National Championship Longhorn baseball team) beat the ever living dogshit out of Lucci and three or four aggy football players in front of the chicken.

This post is worthless without video.

6 hours ago, sushihorn said:

They abandoned Agricultural & Mechanical years ago.  Now they're running away from the A&M identity altogether.  Probably should replace the oversized star with a giant SEC patch windowed in front of the letter T.

teSEC A&M

Sitting at a bar in College Station, listening to a couple of aggys next to me on a blind date. Fantastic. She's from Brenham. "Sounds like you need to move to a big town like College Station. We have movie theaters and restaurants."

I hear they even have a Razzoo’s.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

was the chicken impressed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasGolf said:

Auburn is beating aggy 

Probably. I don't exactly consider the Miss schools or Arkansas guaranteed Ws either. But my point is, at a MINIMUM, even if they beat every non-preseason-top-5 team on their schedule, which is not the sort of thing A&M does, they STILL have to beat one of those three teams or a mystery bowl opponent JUST to get to 10. 

If they go 9-3 and their three Ls are to Bama, Clemson, and Georgia, they're going to draw someone who's just a step or two below winning their P5 conference-- someone about on par with our 2018 season. So it's not like you can just say "oh well they'll win their bowl game, no doubt" in that scenario because if that were to happen, they wouldn't draw NC State or Duke,

tl dr A&M isn't winning ten games next year

3 hours ago, TexasGolf said:

Auburn is beating aggy 

Auburn should be pretty good next year. 

They've had a lot of luck with players not entering the draft. Marlon Davidson, Derrick Brown, and Javaris Davis all returned when all 3 could have declared. 

They're also returning a lot on offense (70% of skill player production and I believe 4 starting OL). It won't happen because of the Alabama/Auburn rivalry but Auburn is where Hurts should transfer. If they added Hurts that team could potentially challenge for a playoff spot next year. 

People talk a lot about Stidham but he was a negative this year for Auburn because he was a terrible fit in Malzahn's system. 

Edited by texasstrong12