Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 10/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, UcancallmeSurly said:

Aggy Uber driver tday:   ''Texas should have cancelled the series with OU & not us...  A&M/Texas was a much bigger rivalry".   Overall great guy, veteran etc...   later he shared that his Longhorn fan Dad told him that if he would've known his son was going to be an Aggy, he would have drowned him at birth.

If only his father had gazed up into the heavens the night before the Uber driver's birth...he'd have seen the stars forming the outline of a giant jizz jar.

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

If only his father had gazed up into the heavens the night before the Uber driver's birth...he'd have seen the stars forming the outline of a giant jizz jar.

My dad used to say if I had ever even applied to A&M he would have immediately divorced my mom for infidelity. Because there was no way such a defective human who would even considered aggy, as opposed to seeking a respectable education, could have been the fruit of his loins. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

My dad used to say if I had ever even applied to A&M he would have immediately divorced my mom for infidelity. Because there was no way such a defective human who would even considered aggy, as opposed to seeking a respectable education, could have been the fruit of his loins. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I didn't realize the lack of future earnings offset, holy shit.  If Baggins was smart (I know, I know) he would start flirting with other teams at the end of the season, every year.  Force aggy hand into raise and extension as many and much as possible 
then when they get tired of his shit and can him, he clears maybe $100M or more and takes a job somewhere else more sane and keeps stacking. 
Did you think everyone was kidding when we said Jimbo literally has no pressure to win...or even put in anything more than a token effort.

Aggy Uber driver tday:   ''Texas should have cancelled the series with OU & not us...  A&M/Texas was a much bigger rivalry".   Overall great guy, veteran etc...   later he shared that his Longhorn fan Dad told him that if he would've known his son was going to be an Aggy, he would have drowned him at birth.

Not too late for his dad to do the right thing..
  • Like 1

Just now, ousux said:
On 10/3/2018 at 8:41 PM, Treefidy said:
I didn't realize the lack of future earnings offset, holy shit.  If Baggins was smart (I know, I know) he would start flirting with other teams at the end of the season, every year.  Force aggy hand into raise and extension as many and much as possible 
then when they get tired of his shit and can him, he clears maybe $100M or more and takes a job somewhere else more sane and keeps stacking. 

Did you think everyone was kidding when we said Jimbo literally has no pressure to win...or even put in anything more than a token effort.

I knew the 75 was guaranteed = no pressure to win. But not even having future earnings offset opens a whole lot of doors for the jimbo method of fucking the program he is working for. 

14 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I knew the 75 was guaranteed = no pressure to win. But not even having future earnings offset opens a whole lot of doors for the jimbo method of fucking the program he is working for. 

What could possibly happen in his personal or professional life to make him consider moving away from CS within the next 350 weeks?

My son was accepted to aggy, (his mom made him apply) was given the option to transfer to UT if he went to UTSA and maintained a 3.5 his freshman year (I forgot what the program is called). He said fuck aggy and decided to go to TX ST. I was a little dissapointed he didn't go the UTSA transfer route, but extremely happy he didn't go aggy. I know academically aggy is better than TX ST, but he will be taking over my businesses someday and the university name on his degree won't make shit of difference.

• Like 3

True story, my little bro walked onto a used car lot once (about 20 years ago) and asked the salesman, "What can I get for $2000?"
You can get an $800 car for that much..

That's just as dumb as people that play right into the dealers hand when the first thing they say is "I'm can't buy anything that's more than $300 a month"

23 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

What could possibly happen in his personal or professional life to make him consider moving away from CS within the next 350 weeks?

What would you do if you were in his position, how do you get out of that shithole with the most money, in the shortest time possible? One way is get fired not for cause   Or...

Have it leak that you talking to other schools as soon as the season winds down.  Desperate aggy will give him an extension and a raise.  

Get boosters to spend their money with abandon buying the best recruiting possible but keeping it away from you specifically.  Take the credit for being the recruiting genius, but make sure the money trail leads back to the NE Houston suburbs   

Use aggy to get the most/longest guaranteed money, but keep flirting with other teams whenever possible.  Eventually they will get sick of your shit and fire you, or they will keep giving you raises and extensions.  Once you've had enough, make a deal with the NCAA to turn in boosters with anonymity and indemnity, take all the guaranteed money and sign a new contract for even more money somewhere less weird.  

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Happy Birthday to the oldest and largest public University in Texas,Texas Aggies 10/4/1876

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/happy-birthday-to-the-oldest-and-largest-public-university-in-texastexas-aggies-10-4-1876/79208973/

"The state has 2 flagship university systems 
tu has always been much younger and is much smaller 
Despite greater historical sports success"

"Sec. 13. AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE. The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, established by an Act of the Legislature passed April 17th, 1871, located in the county of Brazos, is hereby made, and constituted a Branch of the University of Texas, for instruction in Agriculture, the Mechanic Arts, and the Natural Sciences connected therewith."

Touche!  Silly aggy.

That "Old Sarge" guy is joking, right? I mean ... even the aggyest of aggys is not that insane. I think he just goads folks.

33 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

My son was accepted to aggy, (his mom made him apply) was given the option to transfer to UT if he went to UTSA and maintained a 3.5 his freshman year (I forgot what the program is called). He said fuck aggy and decided to go to TX ST. I was a little dissapointed he didn't go the UTSA transfer route, but extremely happy he didn't go aggy. I know academically aggy is better than TX ST, but he will be taking over my businesses someday and the university name on his degree won't make shit of difference.

It’s called the Coordinated Admissions Program aka CAP.

https://admissions.utexas.edu/enroll/cap

What would you do if you were in his position, how do you get out of that shithole with the most money, in the shortest time possible? One way is get fired not for cause   Or...
Have it leak that you talking to other schools as soon as the season winds down.  Desperate aggy will give him an extension and a raise.  
Get boosters to spend their money with abandon buying the best recruiting possible but keeping it away from you specifically.  Take the credit for being the recruiting genius, but make sure the money trail leads back to the NE Houston suburbs   
Use aggy to get the most/longest guaranteed money, but keep flirting with other teams whenever possible.  Eventually they will get sick of your shit and fire you, or they will keep giving you raises and extensions.  Once you've had enough, make a deal with the NCAA to turn in boosters with anonymity and indemnity, take all the guaranteed money and sign a new contract for even more money somewhere less weird.  

There’s no way he gets a job for more money once he leaves there.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
On 10/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, Treefidy said:

Read more  

He even says no pressure in the espn cfb commercial.  Ags think it was sarcastic. It was not. 

2 hours ago, ousux said:
On 10/3/2018 at 8:41 PM, Treefidy said:

8-5   Mon-Fri ,  and work 12 Saturdays.  $7.5M please  

"Of course, A&M and any of the others have to direct the conversation elsewhere, because from a football standpoint, they certainly aren’t going to bring up wins and losses."

"In the meantime, Aggie folk can keep counting the millions, knocking out seven wins a year and telling themselves they’re in a better place."

I don't know if it's just my screen formatting, but that logo next to the tweet looks like it says, "Cock Avalanche Club."   

Which is of course the dba name for Bob Stoops next bar venture.

"Of course, A&M and any of the others have to direct the conversation elsewhere, because from a football standpoint, they certainly aren’t going to bring up wins and losses."
"In the meantime, Aggie folk can keep counting the millions, knocking out seven wins a year and telling themselves they’re in a better place."

Both of my Twitter responses to the dipshits talking about SEC supporting one another got deleted, but I was able to copy my second one beforehand.

“I’m sick of the “we stick together/support each other” banter. It’s not the case with most SEC schools, and unfortunately A&M fans don’t realize it because you don’t get it yet. I couldn’t give a flying fornication about any other school in the conference other than my own, and that sentiment is pretty common. It’s a sad fact, and the chanting “SEC SEC” just makes whoever chants it look weak. Cheer your team, not the conference, because I promise you, it makes y’all look foolish.”
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

The only BDF is aggy. They were the BDF of the Big 12 when they were in the conference. Now they’re the BDF of the SEC.

They might be... if they could ever get it lit.

15 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Happy Birthday to the oldest and largest public University in Texas,Texas Aggies 10/4/1876

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/happy-birthday-to-the-oldest-and-largest-public-university-in-texastexas-aggies-10-4-1876/79208973/

"The state has 2 flagship university systems 
tu has always been much younger and is much smaller 
Despite greater historical sports success"

"Sec. 13. AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE. The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, established by an Act of the Legislature passed April 17th, 1871, located in the county of Brazos, is hereby made, and constituted a Branch of the University of Texas, for instruction in Agriculture, the Mechanic Arts, and the Natural Sciences connected therewith."

Touche!  Silly aggy.

Best part of the thread was this gem:

https://texasalmanac.com/topics/education/beginnings-university-texas-and-texas-am-university

Aggy little brother syndrome started day 1 when they were told to go away and find super shitty land in the middle of no where. The land grant was contested for a decade and they settled for the best offer - barren land full of wolves. Instead of being thrilled about opening the first public university in the state, the Legislature decided the same year aggy doors opened that “A university of the first class" be established at a site selected by a vote of the people and that it be called "The University of Texas." The Agricultural and Mechanical College was to be a branch of the main university.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Where his premise is off is that you could really argue aggy is in a better place in the sec. 

He argues that the only thing they've gained is more $, meanwhile they won't talk wins and losses bc they keep finishing 4th or 5th in the seven team west.

That kind of middle of the pack performance is exactly what aggy saw year in and year out in the big 12, so if they're making more money losing half their games in the sec than they made doing the same in the big 12, good for them.

Oh, and his line that they would likely be "welcomed back" if they could get over their ego and request to rejoin?  They won't, and they wouldn't be. 

Best part of the thread was this gem:

https://texasalmanac.com/topics/education/beginnings-university-texas-and-texas-am-university

Aggy little brother syndrome started day 1 when they were told to go away and find super shitty land in the middle of no where. The land grant was contested for a decade and they settled for the best offer - barren land full of wolves. Instead of being thrilled about opening the first public university in the state, the Legislature decided the same year aggy doors opened that “A university of the first class" be established at a site selected by a vote of the people and that it be called "The University of Texas." The Agricultural and Mechanical College was to be a branch of the main university.”

The Agricultural and Mechanical College IS a branch of the main university.

Fift

"Sec. 10. ESTABLISHMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS; AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT. The legislature shall as soon as practicable establish, organize and provide for the maintenance, support and direction of a University of the first class, to be located by a vote of the people of this State, and styled, "The University of Texas," for the promotion of literature, and the arts and sciences, including an Agricultural, and Mechanical department.

"

"Sec. 13. AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE. The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, established by an Act of the Legislature passed April 17th, 1871, located in the county of Brazos, is hereby made, and constituted a Branch of the University of Texas, for instruction in Agriculture, the Mechanic Arts, and the Natural Sciences connected therewith. And the Legislature shall at its next session, make an appropriation, not to exceed forty thousand dollars, for the construction and completion of the buildings and improvements, and for providing the furniture necessary to put said College in immediate and successful operation."

1 minute ago, MrPhlegm said:

The Agricultural and Mechanical College IS a branch of the main university.

Fify

"Sec. 10. ESTABLISHMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS; AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT. The legislature shall as soon as practicable establish, organize and provide for the maintenance, support and direction of a University of the first class, to be located by a vote of the people of this State, and styled, "The University of Texas," for the promotion of literature, and the arts and sciences, including an Agricultural, and Mechanical department.
"

"Sec. 13. AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE. The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, established by an Act of the Legislature passed April 17th, 1871, located in the county of Brazos, is hereby made, and constituted a Branch of the University of Texas, for instruction in Agriculture, the Mechanic Arts, and the Natural Sciences connected therewith. And the Legislature shall at its next session, make an appropriation, not to exceed forty thousand dollars, for the construction and completion of the buildings and improvements, and for providing the furniture necessary to put said College in immediate and successful operation."

Are you correcting the Texas Almanac?

Someone can correct me but I don't think you can directly compare the tv contracts for B12 and sec. In the secsec you lose your tier 2 rights whereas in the B12 you keep those rights and any money you earn from them. For that reason you can argue the B12 contract is more valuable than the sec tv contract. Probably than B10 too. It's certainly bigger for the University of Texas. #whoop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Someone can correct me but I don't think you can directly compare the tv contracts for B12 and sec. In the secsec you lose your tier 2 rights whereas in the B12 you keep those rights and any money you earn from them. For that reason you can argue the B12 contract is more valuable than the sec tv contract. Probably than B10 too. It's certainly bigger for the University of Texas. #whoop

Doesn't the SEC (Each team) Pay for the production of the SECNetwork? They are technically only making around $6 million per team off of the network correct correct?

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

That's the best scenario for them. They can come up with subjective ways to claim scoreboard over us without actually having to beat us on the field. 

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

It's Tier 3 rights, but your premise is correct.  The SEC and BIG contracts, when reporting revenue per university, include the Tier 3 revenue which is bundled together in those conferences.   The Big XII has each school owning/managing their own Tier 3 and the revenue from that (ex. LHN) is IN ADDITION to the published amounts that each member institution get.   BiG XII paid out $36.5M per school for 2017.  This compares to $40.9M in SEC.   Texas and OU, with Tier 3 revenue, exceed the revenue for the SEC schools (LHN is $15M per year), and it is likely Kansas and West Virginia also surpass the SEC amount.

Would Aggy, if it was still in the Big XII, have been able to earn more than the SEC payout?   Based on the schrewd contract they gave Jimbo I would guess.....no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABSR said:

It's Tier 3 rights, but your premise is correct.  The SEC and BIG contracts, when reporting revenue per university, include the Tier 3 revenue which is bundled together in those conferences.   The Big XII has each school owning/managing their own Tier 3 and the revenue from that (ex. LHN) is IN ADDITION to the published amounts that each member institution get.   BiG XII paid out $36.5M per school for 2017.  This compares to $40.9M in SEC.   Texas and OU, with Tier 3 revenue, exceed the revenue for the SEC schools (LHN is $15M per year), and it is likely Kansas and West Virginia also surpass the SEC amount.

Would Aggy, if it was still in the Big XII, have been able to earn more than the SEC payout?   Based on the schrewd contract they gave Jimbo I would guess.....no.

LHN is $13.5 this year (plus $18.4 in minimum production expenditures and $14.5 in minimum overhead expenditures). WVa get about $7 mil/yr in T3 payments, and Kansas is just nuts. KU started the whole LHN idea, because they were pulling in well in excess of $10 mil/yr on 2006, when Ut was only getting $300k. They market their basketball program insanely well. One of the big knocks on aggy's juvenile conniption fit over LHN was they didn't care in the least when Kansas was pulling down $10 mil+ in T3 money, but once Texas wanted to do the same, they went apeshit.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

LHN is $13.5 this year (plus $18.4 in minimum production expenditures and $14.5 in minimum overhead expenditures). WVa get about $7 mil/yr in T3 payments, and Kansas is just nuts. KU started the whole LHN idea, because they were pulling in well in excess of $10 mil/yr on 2006, when Ut was only getting $300k. They market their basketball program insanely well. One of the big knocks on aggy's juvenile conniption fit over LHN was they didn't care in the least when Kansas was pulling down $10 mil+ in T3 money, but once Texas wanted to do the same, they went apeshit.

Another oddity about those "bad old days" is that the teams that had games drop all the way through the tiers, without getting picked up by any of our Tier1/Tier2 network partners, then had the option to put that game on Pay Per View.  The revenue from PPV games was considered Tier3 so it went directly to the host university, without being shared with the conference.  Due to its popularity, Texas was rarely skipped over and lost out on a lot of revenue from PPV games, instead having to play on TV as part of the Tier1/2 contracts, so all the revenue was shared.  Nebraska on the other hand regularly had at least one PPV game per year and sometimes more, and until the LHN contract, Nebraska out-earned Texas by several million dollars almost every year.

But yeah, Nebraska left the conference because of UT's greedy ways.  Riiiiigghhhtttt....

Edited by utee94
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Both of my Twitter responses to the dipshits talking about SEC supporting one another got deleted, but I was able to copy my second one beforehand.

“I’m sick of the “we stick together/support each other” banter. It’s not the case with most SEC schools, and unfortunately A&M fans don’t realize it because you don’t get it yet. I couldn’t give a flying fornication about any other school in the conference other than my own, and that sentiment is pretty common. It’s a sad fact, and the chanting “SEC SEC” just makes whoever chants it look weak. Cheer your team, not the conference, because I promise you, it makes y’all look foolish.”

What you are saying is absolutely true....and it has been said constantly since the little bro aggys packed their bags and got out of town.  Texas would never have gone to another conference without aggy, but aggy's departure was pre-mediated and calculated.  They sure showed us mean old Longhorns for not treating them fairly.  The secsec chant by aggy is meant to tell Texas that they are in a better place.....and we are not.  Poor aggy.  Fuk'm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Classic statement

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

One of the big knocks on aggy's juvenile conniption fit over LHN was they didn't care in the least when Kansas was pulling down $10 mil+ in T3 money, but once Texas wanted to do the same, they went apeshit.

Makes me wonder if espn had just created something  called "espntx" with the guise of covering all texas sports, and having contract with ut for the  same LHN money, and maybe carry a couple other smalls schools for good measure, if aggy would have pitched a fit.

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Makes me wonder if espn had just created something  called "espntx" with the guise of covering all texas sports, and having contract with ut for the  same LHN money, and maybe carry a couple other smalls schools for good measure, if aggy would have pitched a fit.

Pretty sure the concept of a “Lone Star Network” was discussed prior to LHN.

23 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I don't think it would have mattered. Their biggest problem has always been they don't like being looked at as the little brother. Any packaged deal would be looked at as aggy was tagging along, which would have been true. They have the worse case of little brother envy I have ever seen. It's why when they talk to other fan bases they create these lies about how great they are, or how crappy UT is. Most other fan bases don't care enough to research the lie since it doesn't involve their teams, so they just accept it as fact. 

Edited by texaslong
  • Like 1