• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

37 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

I am having such a good weekend so far....please tell me that Bill Shoening is NOT calling aggy games now....a very good part of me will die for good.

Andrew Monaco -- he tries to be professional, but is still surrounded by aggy everywhere.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Texas-AM-Football-Games-on-Radio-Have-New-Voice-of-Aggies-495322891.html

9 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Andrew Monaco -- he tries to be professional, but is still surrounded by aggy everywhere.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Texas-AM-Football-Games-on-Radio-Have-New-Voice-of-Aggies-495322891.html

Five games into his tenure, including two big matchups and a neutral-site trophy game, Monaco said he was still pinching himself.

"That welcome to being part of this Aggie family, that's overwhelmed me in a very positive way," he said. "Like I said, I can't get the smile off my face, and I still kind of giggle when I'm like, `Oh, yeah, I'm the Voice of the Aggies.' "

Like I said, pay someone enough money and he'll pretend he's your friend. 

Shit, they're doing the same thing with their coach. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I'm still puzzled by this move,  unless foxsw /spurs were about to fire him.  I mean, I guess between football, basketball and baseball, the number of games is about the same as an nba season.  But instead of traveling to nba cities he's going to the best the south east has to offer. I'd be interested in the salary he's getting.  Also he sounds totally different that he did on the spurs broadcast. I listened a little to an aggy game a couple weeks ago and thought "I thought Monaco was their new radio guy, who's this?"

Here we go with the visiting Kentucky fan thread.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2987332

JMFC...and nobody calls the OP out on that.

Almost makes me want to buy a t-shirt of (insert opponent of the week) and attend a game there to see what it's really like.

Then I remember I'd rather have a root canal and colonoscopy on the same day than get within 50 miles of that shithole.

Such an avid fan, he makes to see his favorite team play in the most remote and primitive locales. But 30 seconds into a game at Kyle Field and he abandons his lifelong loyalty to his team and becomes one with the ags. And gracious in defeat.

The sad thing is an entire subculture, living mostly in Texas, is so naive they actually believe this bullshit. Think back to the last time Texas played in College Station and remember how "gracious" the aggys fans were.

Primitive cultures are fascinating to study.

I make it into town for 1 or 2 games a year, but I'm class of '98, so this was a good time to make the trip. My seats were in a section with a scattering of Kentucky fans among many Ags. My wife and I were right next to a Kentucky fan and I thought "Oh boy - here we go."

It turned out better than OK, however. The guy immediately introduced himself to my wife and me. He brought his young son (maybe 10 years old) to CS because he had heard it was a must-make trip. He proceeded to tell us how much he had already enjoyed his weekend in Aggieland. He said our fans are absolutely the nicest, most hospitable he has ever seen and asked me if there was some organized campaign to have us show such great hospitality to visitors. He then named a few SEC schools and gave his opinion on how welcoming (or not) their fans are to visitors. He even mentioned that Lexington is hard on visitors and he wished it wasn't that way.

When the Ags took the field, he stood for the War Hymn and even locked arms and sawed 'em off with us. His son looked at him kind of confused and he said, "When in Rome son - this is great!"

All in all, this guy went out of his way to NOT be obnoxious or rude - like a guest in my home. He applauded every good play - by both teams, he yelled for his team, he never stopped complimenting us on the crowd, traditions, atmosphere, good team, etc. And, while he was obviously excited that his team had a chance to win, he was gracious in defeat.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2987332

Edited by Randolph Duke

15 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Such an avid fan, he makes to see his favorite team play in the most remote and primitive locales. But 30 seconds into a game at Kyle Field and he abandons his lifelong loyalty to his team and becomes one with the ags. And gracious in defeat.

The sad thing is an entire subculture, living mostly in Texas, is so naive they actually believe this bullshit. Think back to the last time Texas played in College Station and remember how "gracious" the aggys fans were.

"His soon took out a loaded colt .45 and blew his aggy loving father to hell. The Lord saw and said, this is good."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’ve never heard the aggys explain when this supposed magical transformation of aggy hospitality occurred. I remember the 2011 game and they certainly weren’t gracious individuals then. I’m sure few will challenge whether I can post a long list of newspapers accounts from years past when the ags were hands-down the worst sports in the conference, regardless of their conference affiliation.

i think they realized how thrilled B12 schools were to be done with them and they decided to create their false narrative of being hospitable little rednecks. 

Of the roughly 400 NCAA programs at various levels, I can’t think of a program (other than aggy, of course) where visiting fans instantly fawn all over the home team’s fans and culture to the point of instantly being compelled to compose a missive expressing their amazement and appreciation. 

It shows the aggy mentality that they don’t realize how transparent all this is. 

50 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I’ve never heard the aggys explain when this supposed magical transformation of aggy hospitality occurred. I remember the 2011 game and they certainly weren’t gracious individuals then. I’m sure few will challenge whether I can post a long list of newspapers accounts from years past when the ags were hands-down the worst sports in the conference, regardless of their conference affiliation.

i think they realized how thrilled B12 schools were to be done with them and they decided to create their false narrative of being hospitable little rednecks. 

Of the roughly 400 NCAA programs at various levels, I can’t think of a program (other than aggy, of course) where visiting fans instantly fawn all over the home team’s fans and culture to the point of instantly being compelled to compose a missive expressing their amazement and appreciation. 

It shows the aggy mentality that they don’t realize how transparent all this is. 

Asked my dad over the weekend if he's ever been to Kyle Field. He said he's gone to one game - the bonfire game. Didn't say one word about the experience. The ONE game where it would be somewhat acceptable for him to say "You know it really was something else. Both fans were together in emotional unison the entire game."

I bet he wanted us to beat the dog piss out of atm that day.

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

If it were anyone other than aggy, I'd have to tip my hat to the hilarious visiting-fan fiction that appears like clockwork every Sunday, because it would very clearly be tongue-in-cheek self-mockery. 

But, alas, it's aggy, and although it is fantasy, it isn't a joke. 

55 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

No. They've always claimed that their fans were super-special super-gracious/friendly/polite hosts. It is no more or less true than it was fifty years ago, but it has been a staple of delusional Aggie behavior for decades. 

I've always liked that they claim to be the nicest, most polite hosts while also claiming Kyle Field is an unusually intimidating place to play. 

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Aaaaand the thread about NBCs NFL lead-in last night (featuring us) is gone

pathetic

during the actual playing of the games, you know, when they are at their rawest and haven't had a chance to get their "aggy" back on -  take a peak at Texags and look at the list of threads with all of the "red face" emoticons attached and hit "refresh" to see the furious editing of the moderators.

Those guys have gotten pretty good at Watergating over the years, pretty quick.   Gotta be a half a dozen guys on the payroll doing nothing but deleting threads that don't conform to the narrative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I would love, love, love to see A&M matched up against OU in a bowl game this year.

It simply doesn't matte what happens in reality.  Ever.  aggy will find a way to twist into a logic pretzel and mitigate the bad news.

An example, they got pushed around by KSU just 2 years ago.  Doesn't matter, KSU's terrible and soft.  Because BDF conference.  Period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:
All the teasips are out on Facebook saying they're playoff locks at this point. I had one go as far to tell me that they'd win the SEC. Loloololol

Has anyone seen a single person who has said we're playoff locks at this point?  An aggy would never lie, right?