• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

USA Today names Jimbo Fisher's contract one of the worst deals in college football. Shocker.

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

How bad did the Aggies want Fisher? Judging by the lopsided nature of his contract –Pretty darn bad.

Not only is Fisher due $7.5 million in total compensation this year, which is among the steepest salaries in the country, but if Texas A&M wanted to fire him, they'd owe him whatever's left on his 10-year, $75-million deal. (As of Dec. 1, that would be more than $68 million, with Fisher under no responsibility to offset or mitigate that sum with future earnings.) If Fisher wanted to leave on his own, meanwhile, he'd owe the school nothing. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/10/03/college-football-5-worst-deals-coaches-contracts/1334120002/

I didn't realize the lack of future earnings offset, holy shit.  If Baggins was smart (I know, I know) he would start flirting with other teams at the end of the season, every year.  Force aggy hand into raise and extension as many and much as possible 

then when they get tired of his shit and can him, he clears maybe $100M or more and takes a job somewhere else more sane and keeps stacking. 

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Aggy Uber driver tday:   ''Texas should have cancelled the series with OU & not us...  A&M/Texas was a much bigger rivalry".   Overall great guy, veteran etc...   later he shared that his Longhorn fan Dad told him that if he would've known his son was going to be an Aggy, he would have drowned him at birth.

Fucking aggy. We didn't cancel shit. They ran away.

Scared little bitches.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Deej said:

I was at the vet school a few weeks ago. aggy sucks so badly that all the vending machines carried only Pepsi products.

At the same time their hypocrisy knows no bounds: they are trying to cock block TTU from getting a vet school , as is they had a monopoly on veterinary medicine.

Ranchers, and other large animal vets are sick and tired of aggy's stranglehold on animal "care" and have put up several million $$$$$$ as seed money but TTU still struggling to let Texans get an option to aggy, and have put all political pressure to bear to stop TTU from having a vet school, despite the need. Aggy cried and was pacified when they didn't have a med school or law school, but they don't want to reciprocate in veterinary medicine. Fuck those hypocritical asshole eunuchs and John Sharp their Nazi controller. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deej said:

I was at the vet school a few weeks ago. aggy sucks so badly that all the vending machines carried only Pepsi products.

In SEC country, we only care about Dew (and in my case, Diet Dew); hence, Pepsi products only. aggy is definitely SEC country (fortunately, I and Phlegm live at the other end of it).

Since then: UT-28/OU-26/ties-3 vs UT-41/A&M-22/ties-0, showing why UT-OU is more valuable than UT-A&M *(in state bragging rights not withstanding)...

We already have eternal in-state scoreboard over little brother, thanks to that sweet, one-two punch from Case McCoy and Justin Tucker. And they continue to concede our dominance every time they back down from an invitation to play us. The real competition for us is OU.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Aggy Uber driver tday:   ''Texas should have cancelled the series with OU & not us...  A&M/Texas was a much bigger rivalry".   Overall great guy, veteran etc...   later he shared that his Longhorn fan Dad told him that if he would've known his son was going to be an Aggy, he would have drowned him at birth.

We cancelled the series? Huh.

And how would we even cancel the series with OU?

17 hours ago, Treefidy said:

I didn't realize the lack of future earnings offset, holy shit.  If Baggins was smart (I know, I know) he would start flirting with other teams at the end of the season, every year.  Force aggy hand into raise and extension as many and much as possible 

then when they get tired of his shit and can him, he clears maybe $100M or more and takes a job somewhere else more sane and keeps stacking. 

DimArcticLark-size_restricted.gif

18 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Through the early 70's following the Thanksgiving day game, Monday classes at a&m were called off if aggy beat UT.  No, I'm not making this up.  Their fixation/rivalry with us is way past unhealthy.

19 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Props to Aggy douche uber driver's dad. 

19 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

My version of this.

I've told my teenage kids since they were old enough to make our proper sign and say "Hook 'em".

I'll love you most if you go to UT.

I'll still love you if you go to atm.

I'll forget your name in fifteen fucking seconds if you go to ou.

Happy Birthday to the oldest and largest public University in Texas,Texas Aggies 10/4/1876

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/happy-birthday-to-the-oldest-and-largest-public-university-in-texastexas-aggies-10-4-1876/79208973/

"The state has 2 flagship university systems 
tu has always been much younger and is much smaller 
Despite greater historical sports success"

"Sec. 13. AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE. The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, established by an Act of the Legislature passed April 17th, 1871, located in the county of Brazos, is hereby made, and constituted a Branch of the University of Texas, for instruction in Agriculture, the Mechanic Arts, and the Natural Sciences connected therewith."

Touche!  Silly aggy.

2 hours ago, Poolflood said:

My version of this.

I've told my teenage kids since they were old enough to make our proper sign and say "Hook 'em".

I'll love you most if you go to UT.

I'll still love you if you go to atm.

I'll forget your name in fifteen fucking seconds if you go to ou.

My kids know my stance on cults.  They are the weirdest fuckers out there, and yeah I hate OU, but aggy is a worrisome kind of weird. 

"I would rather watch Hillary Clinton and Michael Moore go at it doggie style,"

is exactly what I imagine most aggy spend their time thinking about (during those times when they're not fantasizing about sheep).

Edited by Chopper