Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

There was a thread started after the USC game where someone put a post supposedly from a USC fan saying what a great time he had at the game.  It took about 5 posts on Surly before someone was calling bullshit. 

Oh I definitely remember that. 

There was a few suckers got pulled in before it became clear. 

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

31 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

There was a thread started after the USC game where someone put a post supposedly from a USC fan saying what a great time he had at the game.  It took about 5 posts on Surly before someone was calling bullshit. 

It was a troll-job cut and pasted from the aggy template. It wasn’t offered as truth.

5 hours ago, El Squared said:

Amazing SEC pride...playing only 8 conference games and filling schedules with FCS teams and generally shitty ones at that.

ESPN, like CBS, has to protect their investment and over-selling the SEC has always been their M.O., just like NBC when they had most of the ND games.

Nothing pisses off aggy more than Texas success, so if we just keep winning their ovaries will explode.

They are like the five year old at the birthday party, trying desperately to get attention away from the birthday boy, running around and yelling until they accidentally run into a tree and are knocked  out cold.

Kinda like this past weekend, A&M wins at home against a ranked SEC foe, but was still an afterthought in regards to what UT accomplished...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I just can't understand why someone feels obligated to write these 'Oh aggy was so great when I visited' stories...

I mean who does that?! 

Is it the same person everytime?

Do they enjoy the fact that they're lying?

Do they justify it by assuming someone feels this way?

I can't wrap my mind about this to understand it.

It's the Vanity Sizing of internet message boards.

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Need to start a poll on this. 

1. A Surly trolling aggy. 

2. One of the 10-12 self “aware” aggy is trolling Surly and aggy. 

3. Not possible cause mammals who can breathe and procreate are not possible to be that stupid. 

4. This guy:

4504322.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Listened to texags today. They no joke said the Kentucky game was and instant classic and might be the greatest defensive performance ever by aggy in Kyle Field history(!!!)

I wish I could live a few days in that kind of blissful ignorance. 

Yea they started their equivalent of Realignment Talk Not Going Away by wondering if it's time to break out the ol' Wrecking Crew moniker.  I guess since they were tied at the end of regulation, they should call KY's defense the Wrecking Crew, too.

When Texas introduced the wishbone and was getting 300 yards rushing a game, the offense became nicknamed the Orange Crush. I don't see anyone around here wanting to resurrect something from another time. 

Aggy's great defenses were back during the option days when the hitting was hard and the concepts simpler. They will never be the Wrecking Crew again just like there won't be Lombardi's college Seven Blocks of Granite. 

45 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Listened to texags today. They no joke said the Kentucky game was and instant classic and might be the greatest defensive performance ever by aggy in Kyle Field history(!!!)

what does that say about the aggy offensive performance if during their greatest defensive performance it took overtime to win the game.

11 minutes ago, po elvis said:

what does that say about the aggy offensive performance if during their greatest defensive performance it took overtime to win the game.

Go sell that wacky science mumbo-jumbo somewhere else, Mr. Weisenheimer!!! You some kinda math "guru" or something?

Edited by Steel Shank

4 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

TCU would boat race those fucking nimrods. 

TCU just seems like way mentally tougher and badass than atm. I don't think they're a great team per se but they will show up and whip your ass if you let them (which atm likely would).

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'd love to see them play SC.

Aggy will get their shot to prove it against Auburn and MS State.  But USC, Stanford, TCU and Sparty would beat aggy easily.  I like Va Tech, TTU or Okie Lite's chances as well.

But the real problem is that aggy is being ranked ahead of ONE loss teams like Wash St and Iowa.

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Aggy will get their shot to prove it against Auburn and MS State.  But USC, Stanford, TCU and Sparty would beat aggy easily.  I like Va Tech, TTU or Okie Lite's chances as well.

But the real problem is that aggy is being ranked ahead of ONE loss teams like Wash St and Iowa.

Stanford is pretty fucking trash I wouldn't take them over aggy at pyle field. Yeah fuck aggy but let's be reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Modessit said:

Why do all of these visiting fan-fiction posts always happen on txaggys and never on secrant? Someone who posts on secrant should start a thread asking for true stories about going to Pyle as a visiting fan. Let's get the truth.

I’ve been there numerous times. I’ve always found their fans to be rude rednecks screaming about grass and taking hats off and stuff.

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Did they not notice that the KY QB did not know how to throw a forward pass?  They could only run the ball, but since aggy put 7-8 in the box and dared them to throw, it worked for aggy.  KY has no offense.  Advantage aggy....I guess.

18 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Did they not notice that the KY QB did not know how to throw a forward pass?  They could only run the ball, but since aggy put 7-8 in the box and dared them to throw, it worked for aggy.  KY has no offense.  Advantage aggy....I guess.

Yes. Just like the LSU FL game. Dropping passes that hit you in both hands and or chest is not good defense. It’s just shitty  offense. 

10 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Been that long since they shutdown a one dimensional offense?

9 hours ago, Scholz said:

I’ve been there numerous times. I’ve always found their fans to be rude rednecks screaming about grass and taking hats off and stuff.

I mean they have a post on Texfags right now bitching and moaning about playing rap music during warmups.

Edited by A’Dam Psycho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Been that long since they shutdown a one dimensional offense?

Don't take this away from them. Who cares that Kentucky's most passing yards this season was 160 yards in a game. Don't pay attention to the fact that they had 2 games where they didn't break 70 yards in the air. The game plan they put together to load the box and stop the run was brilliant. It was one of the greatest defensive games in the history of aggy football. 

SEC is just not very good minus Bama & Georgia. I could see aggy squeaking a win this weekend against Muschamp, and going 1-1 against the inconsistent MSU & Aubarn. That would put them 6-3. If they can play defense against Ole Miss who has none, they could win that one too. LSU is a loss. UAB they will win. Their ceiling is 8-4 but most likely 7-5. 

23 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

SEC is just not very good minus Bama & Georgia. I could see aggy squeaking a win this weekend against Muschamp, and going 1-1 against the inconsistent MSU & Aubarn. That would put them 6-3. If they can play defense against Ole Miss who has none, they could win that one too. LSU is a loss. UAB they will win. Their ceiling is 8-4 but most likely 7-5. 

This.

I was hoping that Kentucky would pull out the victory. If they had, I could have seen the wheels coming off and aggy not making a bowl. 

I think you're right about the 7-5.... which is a far better record than a 9-3 / 10-2 BDF record stupid sips.

SEC! SEC!