Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

When he goes 5-7 or worse, because he wasn't coaching this shit to a winning record and he lost to Charlie in the same year we fired Charlie. He's not a guy that is going to rebuild a program at 60.

i don’t care if he’s 60, he has a markedly better track record than any of Strong, Herman, and Sark.  

Someone with his profile would be better able to withstand a losing season out of the gate than a known mediocrity like Sark.  You know Sark is already being negatively recruited against on the basis that he’s probably going to get fired in a year or two, which is hardly an implausible claim. Shit the admin is already having to write stupid letters pledging their support.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Retention of talent like Bijan and Worthy, willingness to cut trash and call it like it is, and a willingness to build us something that wrecks shit.  Or maybe I just sense he is doing the right things and all the bitchasses need to realize that they are the problem and shut the fuck up!?

Holy Shit.  Time Travel is real.  Its Jan 2015 all over again.

In case it wasn't obvious, the problem is hiring shitty coaches which is why these other programs are hiring coaches that have records that are not shitty. It has absolutely ZERO to do with fans on a message board.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or maybe 15 million a year. That's got to be with incentives. 

Jimbo has to be loving this.  No way aggy lets another coach make more than their natty-winning (with another team) coach.  Just saying they pay the most somehow means something to those rubes.  

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yes and no, you still have to have some feel for the fan base. I can’t wait for Kelly to try to shut down Neck and they burn his car or something. Meyer bought into energy stuff from the fan base, he wasn’t a complete stick in the mud. Saban doesn’t give a shit about any of that, he just coaches and let’s his psycho S&C guy get into that rah rah shit. Kelly seems like a guy that wears polos around the house on his day off. It’s going to be weird as fuck and I’m here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I posted it in another thread but a $100M deal for an LSU coach would be 1/5 of their current endowment. If Harvard decided to do the same they'd pay a coach $10B.

LSU alums/boosters don't care a fuck about the school side of LSU.

Do any of them even know there is a school side (alums included)?

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

meanwhile a live look in on indoctrination station.....

a dead thread with 15 replies.....

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3254020

i bet they were counting on corndog taking a few years off

Coryhub

Not scared of Brian Kelly at all…. He loses every year to SEC team and wouldn't win CUSA this year…. Doesn't have the personality for the south and doesn't really scare me with recruiting vs Jimbo

If Brian Kelly is on Twitter he may be rethinking taking the job. So much roasting before he’s even opened his mouth in BR. Culture shock isn’t a strong enough term to describe moving from gumbo mouth to that dude. 

His purple face will at least match school colors.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Domedriver said:

Retention of talent like Bijan and Worthy, willingness to cut trash and call it like it is, and a willingness to build us something that wrecks shit.  Or maybe I just sense he is doing the right things and all the bitchasses need to realize that they are the problem and shut the fuck up!?

Ah yes, it’s the fans fault that he can’t motivate players, teach simple concepts, and kept running out complete incompetents for weeks on end.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Go tired of the schools bullshit regarding assistant salaries,  o real help n athletic admissions, and being in up there with the shot weather.

Why not spend the last 5 years or so of your career drunk off your ass in BR lighting cigars with $100 bills?

It is not like he won’t be the most gifted Xs and Os guy they have had in what, 20 years? 

It wasn't that far back to Saban.  But Oregon and Miles were pretty bad on game day.