Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

1 hour ago, XForce said:

Do you understand that if Ewers balls out in 2022 that it validates Sark therefore making Texas attractive to Manning? You want Ewers to pick Texas, ball out and leave in two years. 

That would be ideal. But, I'm wondering more about if Arch is the kind of guy that wants to come in and start right away. Haven't heard anything about his inclinations on that.

2 hours ago, XForce said:

I’m lazy. 
Was aggy ever in his top 5?  Can’t see that guy in Jimbos offense but couldn’t have seen Stewart in that offense either. 

Stewart is gonna be miserable at aggy when he realizes Jimbob has not developed a QB his entire coaching career and has not produced elite WRs. Ewers would be wise to stay away from aggyland but what do I know

4 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

That would be ideal. But, I'm wondering more about if Arch is the kind of guy that wants to come in and start right away. Haven't heard anything about his inclinations on that.

The NFL draft rule is for 3 years out of high school correct? Are there no longer rules that he'd have to sit a year before he can play? I'm confused by this whole thing because it seems like he'd have to sit a year then would play 1 season then could go to the draft if he gets a high draft grade. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Christ, if he picks aggy over Texas, the meltdown will be unparalleled. 

Too bad we can't tell him to fuck off, he had his chance.

Right now he's nothing more than any other attention whore, who has unrealistic expectations.

An attention whore that we really, really need.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The NFL draft rule is for 3 years out of high school correct? Are there no longer rules that he'd have to sit a year before he can play? I'm confused by this whole thing because it seems like he'd have to sit a year then would play 1 season then could go to the draft if he gets a high draft grade. 

I believe it's three years. Sark doesn't seem to be afraid to start a true freshman and if Arch wants to come in and compete for the job right away and do his three years and bounce then does he still come with Ewers, Casey, Hudson and the Cali kid here at the same time?

8 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Also.  Have you ever watched jimbo work his qb’s on the sideline when they come off the field?   I can’t imagine QE wanting to deal with that little man shit 10 times a game.  

"Don't think I wasn't watching when you fucked my wife!"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Too bad we can't tell him to fuck off, he had his chance.

Right now he's nothing more than any other attention whore, who has unrealistic expectations.

An attention whore that we really, really need.

If Sark is going to succeed here he's going to have to be able to take a somewhat flakey but oozing with talent kid and develop him. A lot of these kids are flakey to an extent. 

But to be fair to Ewers when he decomitted Herman wasn't on the most solid of ground here.  What day did he sign with Ohio St? 

1 minute ago, ElChupacabra said:

I believe it's three years. Sark doesn't seem to be afraid to start a true freshman and if Arch wants to come in and compete for the job right away and do his three years and bounce then does he still come with Ewers, Casey, Hudson and the Cali kid here at the same time?

My question was with Ewers. I just now read there's a one time transfer exception so he can transfer once without having to sit a year. So if he came here and lives up to even a fraction of his billing he's QB1 the next two years by default. In that scenario Arch sits one year then can be in position to start after that. 

Truth is any program worth a shit Arch can consider will have QBs on campus and some very highly rated. I can't imagine many scenarios would be better than the one here, especially of Sark shows he can develop Ewers over the next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

My question was with Ewers. I just now read there's a one time transfer exception so he can transfer once without having to sit a year. So if he came here and lives up to even a fraction of his billing he's QB1 the next two years by default. In that scenario Arch sits one year then can be in position to start after that. 

Truth is any program worth a shit Arch can consider will have QBs on campus and some very highly rated. I can't imagine many scenarios would be better than the one here, especially of Sark shows he can develop Ewers over the next year. 

Ah, I'm with you now. Agreed on the development aspect. If Sark can put on a show with Ewers it probably makes Arch like the situation at Texas even more. Either way, we need some linemen to to keep either one on the field.