SEC Championship - Georgia V. Alabama

Wally Pryor

2 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I've seen a girl beat a guy in the Dr Pepper thing before.

She did nothing but basketball two hand chest passes while the guy was trying to do real football throws.

This was a while ago. Everyone has figured out at this point that the two hand chest pass is the way to go 

I saw that one too and the dude she beat was an exceptionally poor human male specimen.  The guy that beat the girl in the big 12 game today had a one hand underhand strategy that beat the girl's two hand chest pass method handily.

2 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Yes that will be terrible and they will get crushed if that happens.  Honestly this feels like the title game to me, I'm not sure Michigan can compete with either team but I guess we'll see.

I hope they do.  It'd be cool to see Mich win a title.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

And that will be meaningless if GA wins this game.

I don't understand what you're arguing. This is not a great Bama team. They should have lost to a bad Auburn team. How is giving up 24 at half and being down a TD not a scatching indictment of this supposed powerhouse Georgia team? They're 12-0 and now they look like they have zero shot at winning 2 playoff games. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't understand what you're arguing. This is not a great Bama team. They should have lost to a bad Auburn team. How is giving up 24 at half and being down a TD not a scatching indictment of this supposed powerhouse Georgia team? They're 12-0 and now they look like they have zero shot at winning 2 playoff games. 

I mean if they are in with Michigan cincy and ND that’s not exactly a murderers row. 

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm not sure the committee will want GA/Bama in the title game.  And they could reasonably put Bama at 1 and GA at 4

Pretty sure that priority #1 for the committee is finding a way to exclude any non-P5 + Notre Dame as much as possible.  That means putting Cincinnati against the #1 seed and hoping they get the shit kicked out of them.  

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I guess I'm arguing that so many fans have really unreasonable standards when it comes to how good a given team is.

Putting aside that any team, however great, can have a poor performance in a given game--Vince Young pulling off a miracle 4th down at Kansas to potentially avoid disaster there (is my memory right on that one?)--being in a tough championship game against the New England patriots of college football doesn't discredit how good Georgia has been this season.

Alabama has an enormous mental advantage vs GA as it is, and even if they're not as dominant as they were last year, they're insanely loaded with talent.  

There's just no nuance with most fans, it's all bi-polar.

I guess I'm arguing that so many fans have really unreasonable standards when it comes to how good a given team is.
Putting aside that any team, however great, can have a poor performance in a given game--Vince Young pulling off a miracle 4th down at Kansas to potentially avoid disaster there (is my memory right on that one?)--being in a tough championship game against the New England patriots of college football doesn't discredit how good Georgia has been this season.
Alabama has an enormous mental advantage vs GA as it is, and even if they're not as dominant as they were last year, they're insanely loaded with talent.  
There's just no nuance with most fans, it's all bi-polar.
I misremembered this also until I looked it up a few months ago. The VY play against KU was in 2004.
  • Hook 'Em 1

SEC put that call in to Georgia this week. Lay down and lets get 2 of our own in the playoffs. All of a sudden this vaunted Georgia defense turns to shit coincidentally? And now Bama is lighting it up all over the place? Lulz. SEC getting what they want. This loss means zero for Georgia aside from the perfect season or conference champs, which means nothing in the end as long as you make the playoffs.

SEC put that call in to Georgia this week. Lay down and lets get 2 of our own in the playoffs. All of a sudden this vaunted Georgia defense turns to shit coincidentally? And now Bama is lighting it up all over the place? Lulz. SEC getting what they want. This loss means zero for Georgia aside from the perfect season or conference champs, which means nothing in the end as long as you make the playoffs.

Q, is that you?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Saban's demeanor has been significantly different this year. Much calmer.  Tons of actual smiles, for crying out loud.
I'm seriously wondering if he knows this is his last season.

Nah. We’ll know a year ahead of time when he decides to retire.

Saban will give the university a head’s up and the opportunity to honor him. He won’t be going to another job this time. He’s going to the lake house.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah I’m sure Kirby Smart loved the idea of having his fate sealed as Saban’s bitch and happily agreed!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Saban's demeanor has been significantly different this year. Much calmer.  Tons of actual smiles, for crying out loud.

I'm seriously wondering if he knows this is his last season.

Maybe he’s looking forward to moving to his house in Austin. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Nah. We’ll know a year ahead of time when he decides to retire.

Saban will give the university a head’s up and the opportunity to honor him. He won’t be going to another job this time. He’s going to the lake house.

He's not a hard drinker/smoker like Bryant was, but it wouldn't surprise me if he retires and drops dead, just the same.

Yeah Georgia definitely wants to be 0-4 vs Bama under Smart, have no hardware to show for a perfect regular season, and have to go through Bama again in the playoff (though tbf with OSU losing they might have had to anyway)
  • Hook 'Em 1