2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

Sark's whole philosophy of QB arms can be summed up by whether they can make the throw and is it catchable.  He is not a stickler for what the mechanics should be.  Probably because he himself was not your prototypical QB it is understandable that he takes such a pragmatic point of view.  He has also stated that he likes when QB's have multiple release points because in games things are never ideal and situations sometimes call for atypical throws, hence he needs someone who can just make the throw and have it be catchable.  Malik and Quinn fit that bill.  I'm a huge Quinn fan.  More than his skills i think he has the head and moxy to take us all the way.  I haven't felt like that since Colt.  Time will tell, but i'd bet a nickel i'm right.  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 2

I respect Ewers because it does not seem like he gives two shits about pressure from any direction.   He took an NIL deal, told Ryan Day to pound sand and now he knows he will be the next big thing as the Texas Longhorn QB-- and he does not GAF.   His attitude is more like, I have plenty of money, endorsements and pussy, so get me to Saturday and I will sling it for you.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Sark's whole philosophy of QB arms is can they make the throw and is it catchable.  He is not a stickler for what the mechanics should be.  Probably because he himself was not your prototypical QB it is understandable that he takes such a pragmatic point of view.  He has also stated that he likes when QB's have multiple release points because in games things are never ideal and situations never prototypical hence he needs someone who can just make the throw and have it be catchable.  Malik and Quinn fit that bill.  I'm a huge Quinn fan.  More than his skills i think he has the head and moxy to take us all the way.  I haven't felt like that since Colt.  Time will tell, but i'd bet a nickel i'm right.  

8b7d756379ea5aabe9a18feecf3d7467.jpgWe’ll call it inflation…
  • Haha 2

I respect Ewers because it does not seem like he gives two shits about pressure from any direction.   He took an NIL deal, told Ryan Day to pound sand and now he knows he will be the next big thing as the Texas Longhorn QB-- and he does not GAF.   His attitude is more like, I have plenty of money, endorsements and pussy, so get me to Saturday and I will sling it for you.  
He does seem to have an old school gunslinger arrogance about him, but unlike some with those same qualities, *coughRattlercough* he doesnt seem to have the douchebag factor...and will be hard to rattle.

Swidt?

double post, surly's fault

21 minutes ago, ousux said:

He does seem to have an old school gunslinger arrogance about him, but unlike some with those same qualities, *coughRattlercough* he doesnt seem to have the douchebag factor...and will be hard to rattle.

Swidt?

Let's be honest here. If he portaled to another team, we'd think he has at least a little douche in him. I'm sure fans of of other schools think so--and I'm OK with that. Can't wait until the spring game.

1 minute ago, Reese Bennett said:

Let's be honest here. If he portaled to another team, we'd think he has at least a little douche in him. I'm sure fans of of other schools think so--and I'm OK with that. Can't wait until the spring game.

Yeah but portalling back to the team that you initially committed to makes you less of a douche in my book. It isn't just a burnt-orange glasses type deal. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ousux said:

Swidt?

Which of his 2 college snaps led you more to these conclusions?

Which of his 2 college snaps led you more to these conclusions?
I'm treating him like a highschool recruit, he was with the fuckeyes for a hot minute..

My personal feeling? I'd rather have Klubnik or even Weigman, but from his body of work playing at a high level in HS, I expect him to be a vast upgrade over any QB on campus, and the prize of the portal as far as QB's go.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Any good QB is going to have some degree of arrogance that fuels their competitiveness. Having said that, other players seem to like him so that tells me it's not the kind of arrogance that leads to douchebaggery. I could be wrong and he'll become Rattler 2.0, but I'm not seeing it yet.

16 hours ago, 52-80 said:

good zip on the ball but is the motion very side-arm'ey?

Perhaps. What gets me is he’s just flicking it 20-30 yards almost effortlessly. This is especially impressive if hypothetically speaking you’re so old and out of shape you fall all over yourself just attempting your patented wounded duck

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Sark's whole philosophy of QB arms can be summed up by whether they can make the throw and is it catchable.  He is not a stickler for what the mechanics should be.  Probably because he himself was not your prototypical QB it is understandable that he takes such a pragmatic point of view.  He has also stated that he likes when QB's have multiple release points because in games things are never ideal and situations sometimes call for atypical throws, hence he needs someone who can just make the throw and have it be catchable.  Malik and Quinn fit that bill.  I'm a huge Quinn fan.  More than his skills i think he has the head and moxy to take us all the way.  I haven't felt like that since Colt.  Time will tell, but i'd bet a nickel i'm right.  

Yeah I don't get why posters obsess over arm angles.  It's like they are more worried about looking the part than the actual throws.  I don't care how it looks get the ball where it needs to be and on time same goes for Maalik and whoever follows. 

58 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Yeah I don't get why posters obsess over arm angles.

Because they don't understand QB evaluations, but arm angle is easy to see and they heard Gruden talk about it one time. This is all silly. 

Actual talent evaluators gave Ewers a perfect recruit ranking. I don't know if he'll be Trevor Lawrence, but I do know that internet Ewers truthers won't deflate my boner. 

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Actual talent evaluators gave Ewers a perfect recruit ranking. I don't know if he'll be Trevor Lawrence, but I do know that internet Ewers truthers won't deflate my boner. 

Like whoever the dude was who said Willaims' arms were likely to shrink once he starts a college weight training program?

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Weigman looks pretty good NGL

Yeah, they're both good QBs (Weigman seems more special than Klubnik to me), but preferring one of them to one of the two all-time 1.000 recruits just because he couldn't displace a Heisman finalist as a freshman seems weird.

• Hook 'Em 4