2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, they're both good QBs (Weigman seems more special than Klubnik to me), but preferring one of them to one of the two all-time 1.000 recruits just because he couldn't displace a Heisman finalist as a freshman high school senior seems weird.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, they're both good QBs (Weigman seems more special than Klubnik to me), but preferring one of them to one of the two all-time 1.000 recruits just because he couldn't displace a Heisman finalist as a freshman seems weird.
That isn't my reasoning at all, I never expected Ewers to take the QB spot in '21, and with tOSU's QB room, even significant playing time in '22 wasnt a given. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell he chose us when I can't think of a single team that would tell him no if he expressed some interest. My concerns with Ewers are mostly character related, (not based on any info that isnt apparent to a casual observer) he seems to have the physical skills. It's just unknown how he will respond to basically living up to the expectations not just from the perfect rating given him by the so called "experts", but also a very impatient fanbase that's quick to turn on players who struggle a bit at times..especially QB.

Yeah, they're both good QBs (Weigman seems more special than Klubnik to me), but preferring one of them to one of the two all-time 1.000 recruits just because he couldn't displace a Heisman finalist as a freshman seems weird.
That isn't my reasoning at all, I never expected Ewers to take the QB spot in '21, and with tOSU's QB room, even significant playing time in '22 wasnt a given. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell he chose us when I can't think of a single team that would tell him no if he expressed some interest. My concerns with Ewers are mostly character related, (not based on any info that isnt apparent to a casual observer) he seems to have the physical skills. It's just unknown how he will respond to basically living up to the expectations not just from the perfect rating given him by the so called "experts", but also a very impatient fanbase that's quick to turn on players who struggle a bit at times..especially QB.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So much about Ewers character. I have yet to hear a negative thing about him as a player and a teammate. The kid passed on HS season to sign 7 figure NIL contract. I cant imagine anyone here telling their son that would be a bad idea. Seems the attitude thing is more about him taking advantage of a system that few recruits have the ability to do. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Let's be honest here. If he portaled to another team, we'd think he has at least a little douche in him. I'm sure fans of of other schools think so--and I'm OK with that. Can't wait until the spring game.

Yep. I’ve seen multiple aggy comments comparing him to Tater Tot Martell. 

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Let's be honest here. If he portaled to another team, we'd think he has at least a little douche in him. I'm sure fans of of other schools think so--and I'm OK with that. Can't wait until the spring game.

Yep. I’ve seen multiple aggy comments comparing him to Tater Tot Martell. 

So much about Ewers character. I have yet to hear a negative thing about him as a player and a teammate. The kid passed on HS season to sign 7 figure NIL contract. I cant imagine anyone here telling their son that would be a bad idea. Seems the attitude thing is more about him taking advantage of a system that few recruits have the ability to do. 
Yeah, I acknowledged the fact other players seem to like him in spite of the superficials. I have no doubt the kid has the skills to produce at a high level, and I hope any reservations I have about his overall psyche are unfounded. The kid is still 18, I'm thinking of him as a true Freshman in spite of a few months at tOSU and the NIL money already banked.

Yeah, I acknowledged the fact other players seem to like him in spite of the superficials. I have no doubt the kid has the skills to produce at a high level, and I hope any reservations I have about his overall psyche are unfounded. The kid is still 18, I'm thinking of him as a true Freshman in spite of a few months at tOSU and the NIL money already banked.

The mental scouting report I received from a friend who has a couple of kids at SLC was this: “my daughter had a couple of classes with him.  They’re in the same grade.  Ok kid.  Your average stud Hs qb.  Confident.  Not a rocket scientist.  Arrogant, but gets shit done.  Not sure I would want him to date my daughter, but he can be the qb for my college team every day of the week and twice on Sunday.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That is impenetrable logic. 

"I have no idea how this super awesome recruit will react to expectations so I would prefer a lower rated recruit whom I also have no idea how they would react to expectations."

the variable you are looking for is m = moxie.  recruiting proof is 5 star 1.000 rated QB(assumed head case) = 4 Star(obviously not head case) * m.

27 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I think the prospect of him becoming a serial killer is the optimistic outlook. With a sidearm like that, I'd be surprised if he's not already one.

There is no way he is an effective killer with mechanics like that, and the mullet makes him easy to pick out in a line up. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I think this is simple. Texas got bad QB play last year from both QBs. The numbers bear that out. Ewers is really talented, so you might as well get on the train now. If you dont, being a Texas fan next year is really going to suck for you

Edited by Codaxx

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dumbasses watch a camp highlight, proceed to make a complete dumb shit opinion on a 1.000 rated QB.

Dumbasses don't watch the high school game highlights that show his actual motion and make a smart well formulated opinion.

Part of his evaluation needs to be his leadership qualities too…which I haven’t seen discussed yet. Quinn is a natural born leader who all gravitate towards. I watched Southlake play a few times and whether it was on the field after a TD or on the sidelines in between drives, Quinn displayed so much emotion and passion for winning. I was very impressed. He’s not the entitled prick that he’s being portrayed as.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Part of his evaluation needs to be his leadership qualities too…which I haven’t seen discussed yet. Quinn is a natural born leader who all gravitate towards. I watched Southlake play a few times and whether it was on the field after a TD or on the sidelines in between drives, Quinn displayed so much emotion and passion for winning. I was very impressed. He’s not the entitled prick that he’s being portrayed as.

His performance vs Duncanville the year prior coming off sports hernia surgery in the playoffs tells me all I need to know about him. Hard to judge him in the state title game vs Westlake just because the Westlake machine is so good in all phases of the game. 

I think they beat Duncanville this year if he's their QB as well.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The mental scouting report I received from a friend who has a couple of kids at SLC was this: “my daughter had a couple of classes with him.  They’re in the same grade.  Ok kid.  Your average stud Hs qb.  Confident.  Not a rocket scientist.  Arrogant, but gets shit done.  Not sure I would want him to date my daughter, but he can be the qb for my college team every day of the week and twice on Sunday.”

Pics of friend's daughter?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Because they don't understand QB evaluations, but arm angle is easy to see and they heard Gruden talk about it one time. This is all silly. 

Actual talent evaluators gave Ewers a perfect recruit ranking. I don't know if he'll be Trevor Lawrence, but I do know that internet Ewers truthers won't deflate my boner. 

Gruden built a good raiders team with rich Gannon throwing from all angles. 

20 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

There is no way he is an effective killer with mechanics like that, and the mullet makes him easy to pick out in a line up. 

I can't find a gif for it, but The Wire had something exactly for this with Namond's ponytail.

SnivelingSourAsianconstablebutterfly-siz

Edited by texifornia

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Who cares if Vince Young transfers, he couldn't even see the field this year"

-ousux & 52-80 in December 2002, probably

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

You are right Dad, probably much better in the long run that she just gave him a blowjob in the janitor closet.

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dumbasses watch a camp highlight, proceed to make a complete dumb shit opinion on a 1.000 rated QB.

Dumbasses don't watch the high school game highlights that show his actual motion and make a smart well formulated opinion.

Best part of all of this, is that in that very highlight that you are referencing, Quinn throws the ball with timing, velocity, and accuracy that only a few people on this planet can, and yet here we are bitching about side arm delivery.

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Best part of all of this, is that in that very highlight that you are referencing, Quinn throws the ball with timing, velocity, and accuracy that only a few people on this planet can, and yet here we are bitching about side arm delivery.

Patrick Mahommes throws it from angles nobody ever considered until he lit the NFL up. 

Just to be clear, I'm not one the guys in here talking about QE's throwing motion. On target and catchable most of the time is the most important thing if not the only thing that matters. As for the other stuff, I'll be happy if my misgivings are completely unfounded..I was cheering along with everyone else when Quinn committed. I'm tired of over a decade of futility like everyone else here...other than aggy trolls.