Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

My guess is they go soft on punishment and say it will be tougher moving forward. 

Should be points, will be a fine lol
You might be right, but if it is just a fine, then it's a luxury tax, not a cost cap and will be treated accordingly. They need to come down hard on RBR, but they won't.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What publicly known evidence is there that anyone has actually breached the cost cap?

Two teams breached the cost cap. That’s not a question. The rumor part is Red Bull and Aston. One is a major breach and one is a minor. Who ever had the major needs the hammer dropped on them. Loss of season, points, etc. As Toto pointed out - they would have a massive advantage not just for last year, but this year and the next.

Also - if they don’t hammer the major breach, other teams will push the limits and then as someone said, it won’t be a cap - but a tax and $$$$ teams will just pay it.

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Two teams breached the cost cap. That’s not a question. The rumor part is Red Bull and Aston. One is a major breach and one is a minor. Who ever had the major needs the hammer dropped on them. Loss of season, points, etc. As Toto pointed out - they would have a massive advantage not just for last year, but this year and the next.

Also - if they don’t hammer the major breach, other teams will push the limits and then as someone said, it won’t be a cap - but a tax and $$$$ teams will just pay it.

It isn't? Admittedly I haven't read a ton about this, but I've read a bit today and nowhere have I seen anything conclusivvely indicating there's been a breach. AMuS reported it, but I've seen nothing from the FIA acknowledging an actual breach. I've seen the FIA talking about the unspupported specualtion out there. 

Just now, wood said:

Gotcha. That's where I thought you were going after I actually thought about it for a second. I chuckled.

I mean, I don't want a charity chuckle.  I was going for funny.  If it wasn't funny then just say so.

In unrelated news, I've decided I'm going to buy and wear that Ricciardo "Texas Shoey" t-shirt to the Dell-McLaren event before the USGP.  Maybe it'll catch Danny's eye... :)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It’s raining like a morterfucker right now. I live 2km or so from the track. I was going to walk over for the Porsche and W series, but maybe I will wait it out.

a1864e56869c1af1a4bc5b1e2fe07fad.jpg
Marshmello was great last night. I thought Martin Garrix had the best DJ show, but he was dethroned.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

after the japanese GP there are 110 points.  max is currently 116 ahead of charles.  if charles can take first here, max 4th behind the two ferraris and hamilton, and giving max the fastest lap, max would be 104 ahead going into japan.  with that result it would be possible for max to win japan, charles take second with the fastest lap, and the championship pushed to austin. 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Edited by elfenix

With the incestuous nature of F1 arent basically all rumors found to be true in the end?  All the secrets are merely open secrets. If its heavily suspected that RB busted the spending cap, im betting that thats the truth. 
This. And if it is true, FIA needs to come down hard on them. Otherwise it's not a cost cap, but a luxury tax for going over.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 52-80 said:

With the incestuous nature of F1 arent basically all rumors found to be true in the end?  All the secrets are merely open secrets. If its heavily suspected that RB busted the spending cap, im betting that thats the truth. 

I can think of some rumors/allegations just in the last year or two that in the end were found to be baseless. 

BTW, there's a new report out now that there are 3 teams under investigation. WeWillSee. Should be interesting.

2 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Lewis bitching to his team about their tire setup... getting his "not my fault" performance excuses in early on lap 3 and not waiting until near the end.

Is anyone on full wets? So everyone else is wrong, but you're right, Lewis.