Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Oh Good Lord.  Don't candy up the cars.

You had an iconic color, screwed that up by going with a matte look. Now, the yellow?

I bet Mattia, that fuzzy haired, four eyed goofy MFer probably had a hand in that.

My guess is it was the call of Ferrari brass. That yellow is actually the company's official color.

5 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

McLaren and Ferrari have the easiest jobs to do when it comes to their liveries. Pick an iconic livery out of the hat and throw it on every few weekends. And they both routinely fuck it up. 

That McLaren Gulf livery they ran last year was so choice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

McLaren and Ferrari have the easiest jobs to do when it comes to their liveries. Pick an iconic livery out of the hat and throw it on every few weekends. And they both routinely fuck it up. 

Yep. For me 2019 was about as good as the come for McLaren, but it's all gone downhill since then.

fernando-alonso-mclaren-mcl34-.jpg

32fb8aab5a8eefb25bdb9d9725fea934.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Mittens said:

ehhh...I follow them on TikTok but that's probably the best platform for them - tiny snippets.  They are occasionally funny but I can't imagine listening to them for a full hour or whatever.

makes sense, thanks

Edited by NoName

can someone sell me on the value of Hulk or Giovinazzi in the second Haas seat? what's the goal there, just to get a guy who is more consistent? just seems like a waste of the seat - Nico at least makes some sense, he has some level of success compared to Gio who has had basically none (14 pts in 21 races, 4 points in 17, 3 points in 22 races)

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Eh. I’d say it’s even. Charles having Ferrari strategy is basically a 10 place grid penalty every week.

You know that dude wakes up in a cold sweat some nights to the sound of "We are going Plan D. Plan D." running through his head.

Audi kills its LMDh/GTP program, signs up for F1. Porsche kills its F1 program, all in on LMDh/GTP.

Although top level sportscar racing has been Porsche's thing since the GT40 was outlawed, but I still figured they were further along with F1 than that. Maybe Honda is reconsidering.

I'm kind of astounded that they both considered doing both F1 and top level sportscars and (apparently) independently. VAG must be like GM back in the 60s.

6 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

NDV > LAT

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
6 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:
NDV > LAT

Everyone on the grid, plus all the reserve drivers > LAT

Hell… most of the Surl > LAT. His dad‘s gonna have to write one hell of a check to keep him on the grid.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm confused by the reaction. We think that Abu Dhabi was a disaster because they let them race but we think Monza is a disaster because we didn't let them race?

Also the broadcast muting out the boos is lame. As is booing because... what exactly?

I'd understand Lewis fans booing Max last year or Max fans booing Lewis. But Ferrari should just be booing themselves.  

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

3 laps to go with Danny in the points, and he gets engine failure…

Team once again with great strategy. Pit to stop the Gasly undercut and then go slow when catching Bottas so Lando can go in front of you. They still got it wrong in the pits 

Then, power failure. 

I'm confused by the reaction. We think that Abu Dhabi was a disaster because they let them race but we think Monza is a disaster because we didn't let them race?
Also the broadcast muting out the boos is lame. As is booing because... what exactly?
I'd understand Lewis fans booing Max last year or Max fans booing Lewis. But Ferrari should just be booing themselves.  

Abu Dhabi was a disaster because of how they let them finish.
  • Like 2

Team once again with great strategy. Pit to stop the Gasly undercut and then go slow when catching Bottas so Lando can go in front of you. They still got it wrong in the pits 

Then, power failure. 
I hate this fucking team. Everything they do is for Lando's benefit, no matter the track position.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lando is ahead in the points and will be team leader next season. Not hard to figure out.
There was no reason to do it, other than Lando's ego. Gasly was not a threat and Lando wasn't going to catch Lewis. Just gotta make sure Lando is happy, I guess.

I thought it was about team points, not individual points unless you're fighting for a WDC?

I'm talking specifically about the team orders to let him pass