Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

8 hours ago, Mittens said:

heh - immediately where my head went as well.  Iconic shot, right up there w/ Fred in the lawn chair and Kimi on the yacht.

Yeah I'd be shocked if there's not already a meme out there with Lewis walking past Alonso in the deckchair.

7 hours ago, Slacks said:

If Hamilton was looking at the next corner (as he should), Latifi would be in the blind spot... HOWEVER Hamilton knew Latifi was there. Hamilton just screwed up.

Yeah he admitted it, & Alonso said that was nice of him, too. The worst part for Lewis is that all he really had to do was hold that outside line and he would very likely have made the move stick on the upcoming lefthander.

I saw someone the other day where Danny was saying he'd be willing to take a one-year sabatical to stay in F1 long term. At the time, that made me think maybe he knows there won't be a seat for him anywhere. The Gasly-Alpine rumor has really been picking up steam, and it makes sense because of the way Alpine seems to really prioritize having French drivers, as with extending Ocon way to early and painting themselves into a corner, leading to this mess. They're a trainwreck.

In other news, D'oh ...

Hamilton facing F1 power unit grid penalty after Spa collision https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-facing-f1-power-unit-grid-penalty-after-spa-collision/10360210/ 

Edited by wood

16 minutes ago, wood said:

I saw someone the other day where Danny was saying he'd be willing to take a one-year sabatical to stay in F1 long term. At the time, that made me think maybe he knows there won't be a seat for him anywhere. The Gasly-Alpine rumor has really been picking up steam, and it makes sense because of the way Alpine seems to really prioritize having French drivers, as with extending Ocon way to early and painting themselves into a corner, leading to this mess. They're a trainwreck.

In other news, D'oh ...

Hamilton facing F1 power unit grid penalty after Spa collision https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-facing-f1-power-unit-grid-penalty-after-spa-collision/10360210/ 

Russell’s gonna pull a 2021 Carlos Sainz at this rate. 

3 minutes ago, wood said:

FblACRJaAAAaRCZ?format=jpg&name=small

I saw some fan site proposing that Fred sign a Kimoa hat for Lewis, and they each wear the other's hat throughout the weekend at the Dutch GP. 

I thought that was a great idea, and then they could probably sell those hats for a lot of money and donate the proceeds to the charities of their choice.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Amos Moses said:

Say what you want about Lewis, but he seems to have taken large steps to get over himself. Cool gesture between two ultimate pros.

Yep. Lewis apologized for the incident. Alonso apologized for the venting. It's all good, and Alonso gets a new Mercedes hat that I'm sure Alpine will hate and AM will love.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yup.  It was quite obviously venting in the moment, and Lewis earned it with a really boneheaded move.

But Fred has praised Lewis numerous times in the past, lauding him as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time.  

He probably regrets the things he said over the open radio in the heat of battle, but I don't think any knowledgeable F1 fan is going to hold him accountable to the truth or falsehood of his statements.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TexEx15 said:
Did they find something or a fluke. We shall see.

Maybe. Who knows? But iirc they've excelled on very smooth tracks like this and haven't done so well on rougher tracks. They'll probably have a difficult weekend at COTA imho.

Much as I expected, stupidity and incompetence reign supreme at Alpine, leading to the Piastri/Alonso contract clown show. Wow.

CRB ruling details Alpine failings in handling Piastri contract https://racingnews365.com/crb-ruling-details-alpine-failings-in-handling-piastri-contract

Why Alpine only has itself to blame for its F1 driver market blunders https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-alpine-only-has-itself-to-blame-for-its-f1-driver-market-blunders/10362128/

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:47 PM, dieucla98 said:

What about P1 and P2?

not sure if rhetorical

but p1 is just testing parts and rank is meaningless

p2 is is refining tweaks and trying the configurations, and is reflective of bottom half vs top half

p3 starts to show relative team order

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, Domenicali sure is towing the company line for the teams. The teams fighting against adding new teams like Andretti is such bullshit. It bears an uncanny resemblance to the blazer-wearing college football bowl game fatcats protecting their piece of pie by opposing a CFB playoff that would have made all of them a lot more money.