Texas in FW @ TCU 8pm on ESPNU

SDG

I'd love to see shadow operative start up a Tennessee thread early. This game is big enough to have something 5 days prior. I couldn't do it justice or I'd do it. 

I hope this helps Texas hit a higher gear. I'm still expecting more grind it out wins that what we saw tonight, but that sure was fun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I'd love to see shadow operative start up a Tennessee thread early. This game is big enough to have something 5 days prior. I couldn't do it justice or I'd do it. 

I hope this helps Texas hit a higher gear. I'm still expecting more grind it out wins that what we saw tonight, but that sure was fun.

bro i already started a thread when i was drunk like several weeks ago, lmao. you just made me remember that. 

edit- lol, i started the thread december 5th. been circling this on my calendar since it was announced. the FEC is about to be LIT!

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Revolution512 said:

Can we go 3-2 in these next 5?

Sure. I'm praying for 2 wins - 3 or 4 would be fucking gravy. KU is good but can be had in Austin. ISU needs to be a win. I'm hoping Tennessee is a win, too. Fully expecting to lose in Waco and LBK.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Sure. I'm praying for 2 wins - 3 or 4 would be fucking gravy. KU is good but can be had in Austin. ISU needs to be a win. I'm hoping Tennessee is a win, too. Fully expecting to lose in Waco and LBK.

Interested to see NET after tonight. Texas is up to 15 in Kenpom. 

Beat Tennessee on Saturday and Texas is probably close to the top 10 in NET. 

Kind of funny with all the overreactions. 1 win away from being near the top 10 in NET which is really all that matters. 

So, I was thinking about it and am afraid we have 5 losses remaining in our 7 games against Tech, KU, Baylor and ISU. Would anyone really be surprised if we went 2-5? 
that means we need to go 2-1 against the other 3 conference games to get to 500. Going to Norman and to Morgantown doesn’t make that a layup. 
I guess what I’m saying is it’d be really nice to beat Tenn this weekend. 
8 of the last 11 against ranked teams and the two not ranked are at OU and at WVU. Shit. Buckle up. Should be fun. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I was thinking about it and am afraid we have 5 losses remaining in our 7 games against Tech, KU, Baylor and ISU. Would anyone really be surprised if we went 2-5? 
that means we need to go 4-1 against the other 5 conference games to get to 500. Going to Norman and to Morgantown doesn’t make that a layup. 
I guess what I’m saying is it’s be really nice to beat Tenn this weekend. 

beat Tenn and 8-10 with a win in the Big 12 tourney would likely get them in assuming 8-10 gets them 6th in conf.  need 3 wins in the next 10 conf games. ISU home, TCU home, and one other.  Now if they beat Baylor, KU or Tech(if they keep winning) that changes things due to quality of win.

other major conf being pretty bad helps them as well.

Edited by dcar00

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I would be surprised at 2-5 against those teams. 4 home games against Tech, Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State. 

IMO a lot of people are overvaluing the top of the conference. There isn’t a huge difference in Kansas State and Kansas as we saw a few nights ago. 

It's all about matchups.  I'd feel much better about beating Kansas if we were better downlow and had guards who could consistently drive by their man. 

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas isn’t going 0-6 against Tech, Kansas and Baylor.

All 3 of those teams are very beatable in Austin. 

Who said 0-6?  I said 2-5. I mean, maybe I’m wrong and it’s 3-4 but anything better then 3-4 seems wildly optimistic, and at Norman and Morgantown a split seems pretty nice. It’s rough, this finish. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Who said 0-6?  I said 2-5. I mean, maybe I’m wrong and it’s 3-4 but anything better then 3-4 seems wildly optimistic, and at Norman and Morgantown a split seems pretty nice. It’s rough, this finish. 

My guess is 3-4 but I think people are overvaluing the top of the conference.

What makes this conference legit is there are no bad teams. The idea there’s about to be a major step up in competition from the front end of the Big 12 schedule seems to be a bit of a false narrative. 

The schedule will definitely be tougher but a team like K-State was a play away from having 3 straight wins over Tech, Texas and Kansas. Texas has already been in a meat grinder so while the schedule will be tougher I don’t view it as a major step up in competition. You’re gonna play good teams every night in the Big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Interested to see NET after tonight. Texas is up to 15 in Kenpom. 

Beat Tennessee on Saturday and Texas is probably close to the top 10 in NET. 

Kind of funny with all the overreactions. 1 win away from being near the top 10 in NET which is really all that matters. 

What's the best site for looking at NET?  Had one a few years back that showed all the quadrant breakdowns including which win/losses were from each, but can't find something similar.

26 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

My guess is 3-4 but I think people are overvaluing the top of the conference.

What makes this conference legit is there are no bad teams. The idea there’s about to be a major step up in competition from the front end of the Big 12 schedule seems to be a bit of a false narrative. 

The schedule will definitely be tougher but a team like K-State was a play away from having 3 straight wins over Tech, Texas and Kansas. Texas has already been in a meat grinder so while the schedule will be tougher I don’t view it as a major step up in competition. You’re gonna play good teams every night in the Big 12. 

It's a step up in physical talent.  Tech,  Baylor, and KU are all much more athletic than Iowa St, Kansas St, & TCU. And KU and Tech in particular are bigger and more athletic on the perimeter which will probably cause match-up problems for our guards. 

11 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

SHADOW                                                  SL XPRESS

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dcar00 said:

beat Tenn and 8-10 with a win in the Big 12 tourney would likely get them in assuming 8-10 gets them 6th in conf.  need 3 wins in the next 10 conf games. ISU home, TCU home, and one other.  Now if they beat Baylor, KU or Tech(if they keep winning) that changes things due to quality of win.

other major conf being pretty bad helps them as well.

How is the B12 tournament gonna handle okie lite out ??

Guessing #8 seed plays #9 seed on first night of tournament?

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I chuckle when I read people here saying Brock should not play very many minutes in games.

You are idiots.

That guy might be the MVP of this team when all is said and done.

Glue guy.

4 points, 7 rebounds (5 offensive boards), 4 assists, 1 steal and forced a 5 second closely guarded violation in 23 minutes. 

Give that man his minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1