Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

10 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Sorry. Honestly. I thought this was "dumbass things we see on facebook." I seemed to have triggered the MAGAs and the anti-maskers.

No, just don’t want any of that CR stuff. I’m not MAGA, not anti-mask, but I don’t want the CR stuff in here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

57 minutes ago, nnm said:

No, just don’t want any of that CR stuff. I’m not MAGA, not anti-mask, but I don’t want the CR stuff in here. 

Right. It may be stupid, it may be on FB, but political topics need not apply. 

Now that said, it can be a politician in something, but the overall theme/joke must remain non-political. Which even if it’s simply a meme with someones head on a turtles body, still kind of gets close.

Not because showing how a person whom just happens to look like some animal or character, but because there is always that potential for it to also be an underlying political dig.

Tread lightly. If you have even a sliver of doubt, don’t post it. 

18 hours ago, tfoolry said:

Pic is missing the entertainment center. 

image.jpeg.e0c28a0ce7278155de30b2401b539a05.jpeg

We had something similar in size, but not with a TV.  Center console was an 8 Track player.  Was first thing you saw when you walked into our house. It sat in front of the mirrored wall (made with 12" mirrored tiles with squiggly lines on them).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ABSR said:

We had something similar in size, but not with a TV.  Center console was an 8 Track player.  Was first thing you saw when you walked into our house. It sat in front of the mirrored wall (made with 12" mirrored tiles with squiggly lines on them).

Man. Y’all were rich. My rich friends had those. Especially the mirrors with squiggly lines. 

37 minutes ago, ABSR said:

So your parents liked to puff on the devils lettuce. Check. 

31 minutes ago, tfoolry said:

It’s always good to have rich friends that have mirrors with squiggly lines on them.  

ISWYDT.

(and agree)

19 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

LeBron Ping.jpeg

^^^ What does this even mean?

On occasion Vic will post something quasi-political.  But just one image, every so often. If you post three or four in a row it kind of looks like you have an agenda.  BTW, there's a "political cartoons" thread in CR where you're welcome to post these kinds of memes.  And maybe not get negged.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It was called avocado green...spacer.png

They also had this golden color...

spacer.png

Coppertone...

spacer.png

Fucking nightmare. We had that same stove, but that avacado shit. 

Yes, my mom and grandmother had matching mixers. It was awful. 

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You're right about no contest

life0602.jpg

That map is hysterical. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You're right about no contest

life0602.jpg

Book recommendation:  Command and Control, by Schlesinger. In-depth examination of near misses in our nuclear weapons programs. Chilling stuff. It’s a wonder any of are here reading about Sugar Babies. 
https://www.amazon.com/Command-Control-Damascus-Accident-Illusion/dp/0143125788

A rough analogue for the Soviets is Dead Hand. Their bio program was scary stuff. 
https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Hand-Untold-Dangerous-Legacy/dp/0307387844

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, BayouBill said:

That's basically what I had to play my old school Nintendo on. All the knobs fell off and got lost so I had to turn it on and control the volume with needle nose pliers.

Ex, wife and toddler son and I moved into my grandparents' garage apartment for a year when we moved back to Texas 24 years ago...We were kind of hippies then and didn't want our son growing up addicted to TV so we did without one. My grandfather was not going to allow anyone on his property to not have a TV, so he insisted we take this ancient 16" black and white he had lying around. Like that one of yours, we had the no-knobs / needle-nose arrangement. My ex and I jokingly called the pliers "the remote," and our son, who was around two, picked up on it and would ask us for "the remote" when he wanted to change the channel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2