Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

10-66212645d52f0__700.jpg.63f48689d6c2ccd2ac4152563151bc90.jpg

This kinda pisses me off because of the double Arbies. Take the one extra Arbies away, and you have 5 ashtrays. 5 80s icons ashtrays that could assemble into one giant awesome super ashtray form. You can do that with 6.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

10-66212645d52f0__700.jpg.63f48689d6c2ccd2ac4152563151bc90.jpg

Man, that takes me back.  Burger King one especially.  Was regaling my oldest the other day with stories about how on Saturday mornings I'd go to Mr. Donut with my father before we'd go to his trucking terminal (not sure if y'all had them in Texas, two brothers split up the business---one in the Midwest became Mr. Donut, the other brother went East and became more famous as Dunkin' Donuts).  I'd have a chocolate donut with milk, dad would have a plain with a coffee.  And this neon orange ashtray that I can still smell  the plastic chemical treatment along with the ashes and the odor or freshly cooked donuts.  Dad would put out his lucky strike, share a donut and drink with me, read the front page of the paper, and then light up another afterwards.  And if you close your eyes, you can hear the rattle of the plastic on the acrylic counter-top as he shuffled the ashtray towards the server's end of the counter as if to say, "this sounds means we are done and ready to settle the bill."  A childhood memory from a bygone era, I suppose.  A sound and smell and look our children will never know.  Perhaps for the best for health reasons.  But a wonderful time, nonetheless.  

The sound of a plastic ashtray at a diner counter.  The sound of a quarter clicking into a payphone or newspaper stand or arcade game.  The sound of an IBM cash register in the 1980's drawer being opened up to make change for said newspaper and then clanking back closed.  Like tears in the rain, lost to time...

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:

This kinda pisses me off because of the double Arbies. Take the one extra Arbies away, and you have 5 ashtrays. 5 80s icons ashtrays that could assemble into one giant awesome super ashtray form. You can do that with 6.

Not sure all of those are real. The Arby's ones look like generic glass ashtrays sitting on cardboard coasters.

1 hour ago, SurlyBDR said:

Screenshot-20240502-065617-Facebook.jpg

24 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Game recognize game.

Idk. I don't leave drinks half drank at a bar or restaraunt. 

I'm also an alcoholic, so.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Born to Run said:

image.jpeg.63ed7d785e02f57688a2173f514ae155.jpeg

Spoiler

You_Doodle_2024-05-08T01_49_38Z.jpeg.fd460d9e913d1496d7d91de0a283e428.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1